Our cruise dropped

Well I decided yesterday to check on the current price for our next cruise and I noticed it was lower. I called Royal and they said (yes your cruise is lower):) It dropped 240.00.....Now we are that much closer to having the cruise paid for.:)

Well I decided yesterday to check on the current price for our next cruise and I noticed it was lower. I called Royal and they said (yes your cruise is lower):) It dropped 240.00.....Now we are that much closer to having the cruise paid for.:)

Happy to hear your good news Gigi thanks for sharing:D

Congrats on the price drop!

I hope we see one for our upcoming cruise in May. Thinking it may or may not happen. We disembark on Sunday, May 25, the day before Memorial Day, so technically it's part of the Memorial Day holiday weekend, and I always think of holiday week cruises selling out. On the other hand, we set sail on May 18, which is still before most schools are out for the summer break, so we're beating the summer rush.

We have booked a six day cruise next year on independence of the seas. We booked on the Royal Caribbean website. Is there a chance our cruise could drop in price and would Royal Caribbean notify us of the drop and refund us the difference? Sorry if this is a stupid question, still pretty new to all this cruising :)

We have booked a six day cruise next year on independence of the seas. We booked on the Royal Caribbean website. Is there a chance our cruise could drop in price and would Royal Caribbean notify us of the drop and refund us the difference? Sorry if this is a stupid question, still pretty new to all this cruising :)

You have to look by yourself. If the price drop is before final payment you can ask for a price drop. If it's after you can look for an upgrade.

I don't know what the price drop rules are in the UK, but I'm pretty sure they are different that the US rules. You would have to check with Royal in the UK if they extend price drops after the cruise is booked.

I don't know what the price drop rules are in the UK, but I'm pretty sure they are different that the US rules. You would have to check with Royal in the UK if they extend price drops after the cruise is booked.

The rules are slightly different if you book in the UK.

On a previous cruise the price dropped, meaning the price of an ocean view was the same as what we paid for a large interior. This was before final payment.

We were not informed of the drop in price. We found out by looking on the RCI website.

Upon telephoning regarding the price drop we were offered an upgrade to the ocean view. A fair result.

When booking in the UK you cannot cancel and rebook at the lower price as deposits are non refundable. The minimum cancellation charge will always be the loss of deposit.

Archived