Captain's Circle Ruby

goinsoon

:confused: Just checked mine and it still has plain old Elite. I wonder what's up with that new name? Haven't seen anything about it. Just checked our sons' accounts and they're still Platinum. Maybe someone who has 5 cruises or less can check?

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Looked at my personalizer and I am now "Ruby", not "Medallion" level. Honestly, I don't care what they call me just so I get on the ship~:D. But, did Princess do another change??? Thanks!

They added a level at two cruises called "Ruby"

I like the name Ruby for a level. It's much better than "Medallion".

They should also have an Emerald Level, a Diamond Level, and a Sapphire Level - just like the ships!

I LIKE that idea! Elite always sounds kind of snobby to me. Jewels are always appropriate!

I just noticed this on my cruise personalizer as well. I knew the best way to find out what happened was to go to Cruise Critic :D

Medallion sure didn't last long :confused:

I like the name Ruby for a level, but it would be better if the names were the same type of item (all metals, jewels, snobby titles ;), etc.)

Gold, Ruby, Platinum and Elite sound like a jumbled mess. There's no obvious hierarchy with those names.

Gold, Ruby, Platinum and Elite sound like a jumbled mess. There's no obvious hierarchy with those names.

Absolutely!

This program was clearly designed by committee. :rolleyes:

Like everyone has said, it looks like the Medallion Level went to the name Ruby... Best I can tell is that maybe the color of the level was the reason! LOL!!! (From the web... Red ruby Hues ranging from Slight

Orange to Strong Purple. Red is ideal.) Besides Medallion was not that good of a name IMHO.

Some mentioned it is for two cruises, but it is actually as described below:

cc_mp_ruby_mem_mendoza.gif

I think they were just trying to give some recognition to people who have a little more cruising under their belt than someone on their second cruise.

Happy Cruising!!! I am just happy that I have now gone from triple digitis to double digits til my next cruise!:)

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001

Looked at my personalizer and I am now "Ruby", not "Medallion" level. Honestly, I don't care what they call me just so I get on the ship~:D. But, did Princess do another change??? Thanks!

Maybe Delta Skymiles Medallion members wanted benefits...

I like the name Ruby for a level. It's much better than "Medallion".

They should also have an Emerald Level, a Diamond Level, and a Sapphire Level - just like the ships!

At first I though the same thing but then I thought that it might imply that one ship is better than the other.

The Ruby level is a bit of a waste of time. Half the stuff is not available to certain cruisers.

I agree they really needed to add something between platinum and elite. For someone who can't cruise more than once every few years. There is no incentive to continue to book with Princess which is what the program is designed to do, if passengers feel that it is impossible to obtain the next level.

How about this:

Gold = first timers

Ruby = 2-5th cruise

Emerald = 6-10th cruise

Sapphire = 11-15th cruise

Diamond = 15-20th cruise

_______ = 20th cruise +

The "Elite" name does sound too snooty. I wonder if Princess is working on a whole new tier level and new names?

How about this:

Gold = first timers

Ruby = 2-5th cruise

Emerald = 6-10th cruise

Sapphire = 11-15th cruise

Diamond = 15-20th cruise

_______ = 20th cruise +

Fill in the blank with "Crown" and you have a winner. Crown has to be the top, as in "a crowning achievement".