Bringing Unlimited Wine Policy Officially Change Yesterday

LAFFNVEGAS

I got this in email today after posting my displeasure on the HAL Facebook page .....

Holland America Line wrote: "Thank you for sharing opinions, experiences and suggestions with us with regard to our new Alcoholic Beverage Policy. To help clarify, this policy will be effective as of all sailings departing on or after January 31, 2014. We’re sorry for any confusion this has caused. We invite you to share your feedback with us on this and any other topic of interest by emailing our Guest Relations team at guestrelations@hollandamerica.com. We hope that our valued Mariners continue to enjoy the many aspects of their cruise experience with us and thank you for sailing with Holland America Line."

If this is true, and the effective date is actually Jan 31/14, then someone on here who started this whole brou-haha made a big boo-boo by saying it came into effect on Friday, and that she had that from her inside connection. Possibly a big "Oops".

This would totally defuse the situation as most of us were upset with the arbitrary way it was dumped on us with no warning.

maybe that is why it changed until Jan ?

same message for me on facebook - Thank you to all for sharing opinions, experiences and suggestions with us with regard to our new Alcoholic Beverage Policy. To help clarify, this policy will be effective as of all sailings departing on or after January 31, 2014. We’re sorry for any confusion this has caused. We invite you to share your feedback with us on this and any other topic of interest by emailing our Guest Relations team at guestrelations@hollandamerica.com. We hope that our valued Mariners continue to enjoy the many aspects of their cruise experience with us and thank you for sailing with Holland America Line.

keep writing them and expressing concern

please write to

guestrelations@hollandamerica.com

Officeofthepresident@HollandAmerica.com

Patrice

Edited by ptsaint

This warrants its own thread. Though I sincerely doubt that everyone will get the same or a similar reply, seeing as someone just posted a different reply on a separate thread.

.... and this doesn't indicate that they are rethinking (YET) the "no more than one bottle per pax" limit.

Thanks for posting it!

there is a thread started for replies:D

HAL - are you listening - we are reading:mad:

like HAL passengers deprived of cabin wine.

Extraordinary PR disaster....

Or maybe a PR success.

They just waited for everyone to let off some steam.

They come back and do some back peddling.

Throw us a bone and voila! they are the hero.

What do you think? Did it work?

Edited by OVgirl

same message for me on facebook - Thank you to all for sharing opinions, experiences and suggestions with us with regard to our new Alcoholic Beverage Policy. To help clarify, this policy will be effective as of all sailings departing on or after January 31, 2014. We’re sorry for any confusion this has caused. We invite you to share your feedback with us on this and any other topic of interest by emailing our Guest Relations team at guestrelations@hollandamerica.com. We hope that our valued Mariners continue to enjoy the many aspects of their cruise experience with us and thank you for sailing with Holland America Line.

please write to

Patrice

bolding mine.....

Keep expressing your displeasure. Please. E-mail, snail mail, facebook, twitter. Whatever. Let them know that the policy as planned is STILL unacceptable, regardless of the implementation date.

If this is true, and the effective date is actually Jan 31/14, then someone on here who started this whole brou-haha made a big boo-boo by saying it came into effect on Friday, and that she had that from her inside connection. Possibly a big "Oops".

This would totally defuse the situation as most of us were upset with the arbitrary way it was dumped on us with no warning.

\

Don't think the "OOPS" resides here!

There is definitely confusion at HAL! I just got the "you can print your express docs'' for our 9/15 cruise and as there was no mention of a new wine policy in all 11 pages, I called HAL for clarification.

I was absolutely told that the boarding bottle limit was one per passenger, fleet wise effective now!. Also had a fairly lengthy talk about those passengers on European cruises and how they would have any local wine brought on board at any and all ports, stored for them. The HAL rep was very apologetic.

This conversation was less than 2 hours ago so....when was the change in implementation made and who internally knows about it!!!

Feel sorry for the rank and file employee!

I was told by ships services today, when i was placing my order that it was in effect immediately.

I was also told i would need to buy a case of wine for each type i wanted.

Then again 5 minutes ago i was told by my rep that it had been changed to 1/31

The head is not talking to the hand and the rep admitted that.

Edited by surfergirle

please write to

Patrice

You notice they don't want you to post on FB anymore? that might be a good bet along with the follow ups by email, snail mail, etc.

You notice they don't want you to post on FB anymore? that might be a good bet along with the follow ups by email, snail mail, etc.

I'm having MAJOR probs with our computer, esp on FB. This is motivating me to get the new computer up and running :D You can bet once I do, I'll be all over the HAL page on FB :D

For the first newbie to ask

"Can We Bring Wine Aboard"

It will be interesting to see how many "Yea Just slap a Luggage Tag On It"

posters chime in.

I think there aren't that many that say that actually - I'm not one of them but it is just a few - and I think they are aware of the policy:rolleyes: just don't ask us when it starts:rolleyes:

what a bad job from HAL - even you have to agree with this one

Or maybe a PR success.

They just waited for everyone to let off some steam.

They come back and do some back peddling.

Throw us a bone and voila! they are the hero.

What do you think? Did it work?

nope - I bet they talked to their lawyers.

doesn't do it for me - again - happy for those with final payment but I'm not happy - #1 - where's the apology for not letting us know

#2 -where's the reasonableness on the policy

#3 -we still have the same situation in the long run which I think is unfair in view of the $$ I am spending on the cruise, the length of it and the opportunities in Europe.

#4 - let's not even talk about the wine list - fine I can find a couple we can drink in the MDR and in the bars - but at least let me enjoy something decent on my balcony (that I paid for) as we sail a way.

#5 - Otherwise HAL you better get one HAL of a lot of room service people as they are going to be very busy if everyone who is used to having a glass on their balcony wants one:eek: or more bar tenders or servers if people go to get it - wonder if the bean counters thought about that one? hmmm a corkage fee vs another person.

hmm there might be some new math needed on the last one.

Edited by kazu

Until it's reflect in the Cruise Contract...it's not a done deal. Am I supposed to take the FB message to the port and show it to the HAL folks when they take my wine. I think not. I'm not trusting HAL too much today.

I have bookmarked this page on my phone and will happily show it on embarkment.:)

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Shipboard+Life&contentMenu=Onboard+Policies&contentSubMenu=Can+I+Bring+Alcoholic+Beverages+Onboard?

Holland America Line Thank you to all for sharing opinions, experiences and suggestions with us with regard to our new Alcoholic Beverage Policy. To help clarify, this policy will be effective as of all sailings departing on or after January 31, 2014. We’re sorry for any confusion this has caused. We invite you to share your feedback with us on this and any other topic of interest by emailing our Guest Relations team at guestrelations@hollandamerica.com. We hope that our valued Mariners continue to enjoy the many aspects of their cruise experience with us and thank you for sailing with Holland America Line.

Sorry - didn't come out as clear as I thought - but it is the same response on Facebook as earlier stated

[/url]

<LI class="UFIRow UFIAddComment UFIAddCommentWithPhotoAttacher UFILastComponent" data-ft='{"tn":"["}' data-reactid=".r[psbl].[1][5]">

Write a comment...

Edited by Lotsasmiles

Until it's reflect in the Cruise Contract...it's not a done deal. Am I supposed to take the FB message to the port and show it to the HAL folks when they take my wine. I think not. I'm not trusting HAL too much today.

That's exactly what I'll be doing - and I pity the staff member who tells me I can't bring my wine onboard.

So after all the outrage and nonsense that's been going on, the sky actually isn't falling?

Did anyone stop to check facts etc before hurling abuse at HAL? (Of course not)

If only HAL could limit the amount of whine (correct spelling) some people bring on board, it would make cruising so much more pleasant!