No Reservations for Ice Show anymore?

TNIris

My cruise sails in 34 days (YES!!!) and it won't let me make reservations for any entertainment.

I just called RCI, and they said no reservations are required for ice show anymore. :confused:

Can anyone else confirm? He said it was first come, first serve.

Just don't want to miss it!!! ;)

The ice show was never full on the Oasis early last month.

Sit near the roped off diamond+/suite guest area and you'll likely get real good seats when they open those rows up to everyone when the show starts.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk HD

You are sailing on Freedom, right? I don't believe that they ever had online reservations for the ice show.

The ships have been toying around with different methods. They may distribute tickets onboard the ship - time and place will be in the cruise compass. (Usually, one member of your party will line up outside the ice skating arena - Studio B - early in the morning on the second day of the cruise). Or, they may assign you to an ice show according to the deck your cabin is on, or your muster station. Or, they may just have open seating.

Once you board the ship, you'll find out how to get the tickets. You are right, though, do not miss this show! It is amazing!

You are sailing on Freedom, right? I don't believe that they ever had online reservations for the ice show.

Incorrect. When I sailed FOS last Oct. I made online reservations for all the shows and they scanned our seapass cards at every venue (a real madhouse getting into the Arcadia).

See ya on board TNIris.

The ships have been toying around with different methods. They may distribute tickets onboard the ship - time and place will be in the cruise compass. (Usually, one member of your party will line up outside the ice skating arena - Studio B - early in the morning on the second day of the cruise). Or, they may assign you to an ice show according to the deck your cabin is on, or your muster station. Or, they may just have open seating.

Once you board the ship, you'll find out how to get the tickets. You are right, though, do not miss this show! It is amazing!

I'll be on Freedom next week (:D:D)....what can I find out for you?

On Explorer in March, they were doing the ice show by muster station. We've seen the shows on EX several times so we skipped it, but it worked great for those that did attend.

When we were on Freedom in Oct 2011, they handed out tickets. We were in a GS so we didn't need tickets.

Allure/Oasis still require reservations. We made out several weeks ago.

I called RCI two days ago because the website keeps telling me to check back to reserve entertainment and we are only 41 days from sail date. The gentleman informed me that there will be online reservations for the ice show only but it has not opened up yet for online reservations. He told me to keep checking but this option will be available.

My cruise sails in 34 days (YES!!!) and it won't let me make reservations for any entertainment.

I just called RCI, and they said no reservations are required for ice show anymore. :confused:

We just got off Freedom yesterday and we had made our reservation online for the ice show two months before we sailed. No other shows were available to reserve online. You used to be able to reserve at least one other show online (forget if it was Marquee or Once Upon A Time) but for our sailing, only the ice show was available to reserve online.

They could have discontinued reservations for that online too but I would have expected you to be able to reserve by now if your cruise is so close.

We are going on FOS on Sept 29, & we have just made a reservation for the ice show only. We were told the other shows could be reserved on the ship, 1st day. On Allure & Oasis reservations were made for all shows months before sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We also made reservations for the ice show the last time we were on the Freedom. We made them for the shows in the theater, also. They scanned our card like they did on the Allure. It did not seem necessary for the theater shows in that the theater was not full at show time. Maybe we got a better seat, though.

I hope they don't go back to giving out tickets for the ice show. Waiting in a long line on the second morning of the cruise was kind of a bummer for me. Even if they have stopped being able to reserve the show online, I hope they go to a different method that does not involve standing in line.

Incorrect. When I sailed FOS last Oct. I made online reservations for all the shows and they scanned our seapass cards at every venue (a real madhouse getting into the Arcadia).

See ya on board TNIris.

That's really strange. I cruised on Oct 7th last year on the Freedom and we were specifically told by the CD that reservation weren't required. They never checked anything. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency with how the reservation system is used.

I'm sailing on the Freedom in 26 days and I made reservations for the ice show a few months ago. So they still do it on the Freedom. Maybe it depends on the ship and if they think it will be full or not??

If it were me, I'd call back and talk to someone else. If they give you the same answer I'd trust it..

We reserved for "Now You See It" "Once Upon a Time" and "Freedom Ice" ... This was the sailing on March 17, 2013.

They changed the reservations on Freedom and Liberty shortly after your cruise. To my knowledge, you can only reserve the ice show in advance on Freedom and Liberty now.

I am going on the FOS Sept 29th and made a 2:30 pm reservation for the ice show on the first sea day. I am looking at the confirmation on my e-docs.

Returned from the FOS on August 18th. I made reservations for the ice show online three days before the cruise. No paper confirmation or ticket, they just scanned our seapass upon entering the venue. Everyone without a reservation had to wait until those with reservations were let in. However, all those without previous reservations probably did get a seat but we went to Tuesday evening show.

I just got off the Freedom and I did have reservations made online.

Archived