Allure Crowds

spintowin

Have a reservation on hold for Oct 20, 2013 on Allure. But, have read some not so favorable reviews about long lines for food, etc. Just how bad are the crowds?

They have interactive TV's that you can check and see which eating places are busy or not. You can choose where to go. Our Allure cruise was our first cruise that we never went into the Windjammer. Many places less busy. There will be times the elevators will be very busy but we usually just use the stairs. With 6000 passengers onboard there will be times that some areas will be very busy, but it is a very large ship with many places not so busy. We loved our Allure cruise so much that we booked another on her. We loved the solitude of Central Park at night so much we booked our room on Deck 8 same as Central Park. Don't just look at the bad reviews look at the good ones too.

I will be the minority I know, but I found Oasis crowded at times. Getting out of the Muster Drill and the shows can be very difficult if you have any kind of claustrophobia or crowd issues, and the Windjammer buffet is crowded as well due to (what I feel is) the inadequate design of the venue. As far as waiting in line on the big gals, well, yes you will find lines especially for the Flow Riders and zip line but that goes with the territory.

I do suggest you keep your reservation and go and enjoy yourself. It is definitely a unique vacation. :)

just off the Allure sep 1 sailing - the only time we ever really "felt" the crowds were in elevators - often had to wait for another one after one arrived full of people, and sometimes in the Windjammer. Yeah, getting out of shows was a big deal, but unless you're on a higher deck, taking the stairs is pretty quick. Also, if you use the elevators on the other end of the ship, they're usually a lot less busy.

There can be lines for the 'free food' venues. But nothing more than on most ships. We ate breakfast and lunch most days at the Park Café or the Tutti lunch salad bar. There are a lot of choices. We never made it for a burger or dog by the pool.

Haven't sailed Allure, but we have sailed Oasis.

The only time we felt crowded was the muster drill. Otherwise, the neighborhood concept really breaks up the crowd.

The Windjammer is crowded on all ships. Go to Park Cafe or the Solarium Cafe (which aren't available on other ships) and avoid them.

I found Oasis to be the LEAST crowded RCCL ship I've been on...

Just think about where you are going and it is easy to avoid crowds. One morning we attempted to go to the windjammer and found a huge line. We backtracked to central park and ate at the cafe with no line and tables waiting for us. Check out the interactive screens and be flexible. Of course there are times it is unavoidable such as when a show lets out, but overall a little planning/thought makes a huge differenve.

Have a reservation on hold for Oct 20, 2013 on Allure. But, have read some not so favorable reviews about long lines for food, etc. Just how bad are the crowds?

Haven't been on the Allure, but sailed her sister, the Oasis about 1 1/2 years ago and didn't find crowds a problem at all. We were amazed at how the flow of things just seemed to 'handle' 6000 people! We were on and off in a minimum of time. The only day we saw crowds at the Windjammer and even Central Park was on embarkation day, but even then, it wasn't all that bad. We've seen much worse on smaller ships and other lines as well! As many have said, there are interactive screens you can use, you can use the stairs, walk a different direction to your destination, whatever. I think you should give it a try .... it's an amazing experience! Happy sailing! :)

crowds are NOT a problem. we were a group of 5, and never found anywhere too crowded.

Yes, after the muster drill there were a lot of people going back to cabins or whereever - same on any ship - I just stand by the rail and wait for a bit - after all there is no panic to be anywhere!

We had a big breakfast, so when we got on board, we went up to the pool and walked around - had a "free"cone - kids had a ball at the water play area, they were the only ones there for quite a bit. Then the adults went into the bistro cafe and brought out lunch for all of us. Very relaxing.

There was a bit of a crowd when there was a parade, but after 3 Disney cruises, we found that no more than usual. kids wanted to stand right in front of course, but Grandma managed a seat nearby so I could see them and and parade too.

There are so many places to eat, we only went to the regular buffet once, and never paid extra for a meal. Go online before you leave and get the list of included places - then watch the TV for wait times - we never found we waited much for anything, if they said 10 min it was maybe 5.

My grandkids told me they were not sure if they were ready to leave Disney, but the 3 adults had had enough of Disney for a while. They loved Allure - you are always in sections, not a whole big area at one time, and it is great!!

Go on your cruise, relax and enjoy!!

Getting out of the Muster Drill and the shows can be very difficult if you have any kind of claustrophobia or crowd issues,

I always wait for the crowds to thin before I try to leave these areas. Just like getting off a plane, watch everyone jump up at the ping and stand there bent over at their seat for 20 minutes. :rolleyes:

Been on both Allure and Oasis. Never had a problem with crowds. Big deal

it takes a few mins to get out at a show. Your on vacation who cares. The

elevators are the only problem we had. just walk around the other side of the elevators and take them. It kinda funny everyone takes the same side and the other side is empty. Or just walk the stairs for exercise.

After a day or two you will learn which end of the ship to take the elevators

if you need to hurry back to the room.

Please don't worry about crowds. You never realize you have 6,000 friends and 2000 employees on board with you. Have fun.

We actually never ate in the Windjammer while on the Allure last month.

Book a room on the stern of the ship and your lifeboat drill will take place in the Aqua Theater in a comfy seat! Hang out a bit after the drill and you will avoid the herd.

The only place that I felt crowded was leaving the main theater and walking through the Promade, but that would be expected on any ship.

Enjoy the Big Girls.... Probably my favorite large ship choice.

Haven't sailed Allure, but we have sailed Oasis.

The only time we felt crowded was the muster drill. Otherwise, the neighborhood concept really breaks up the crowd.

The Windjammer is crowded on all ships. Go to Park Cafe or the Solarium Cafe (which aren't available on other ships) and avoid them.

I found Oasis to be the LEAST crowded RCCL ship I've been on...

Totally concur. We sailed Oasis last month followed by Enchantment; surprisingly, I found En more crowded than Oasis ;). So many venues and choices really helps eliminate the hordes.

I have been on the Oasis and the Allure, and the lines for food were not too bad. After some shows there was a crowd for a while but it usually calms down after a few mintues.. Go on the Allure you will enjoy it

We were on the Allure in May and really wasn't that bad at all. Like most people stated the Windjammer can be crowded, but one thing they did which helped the crowd issue was seat you instead of allowing a free for all for tables. I wish all of Royals ships would do the same.

We were on the Allure the same exact week last year (Oct 14-21st). Aside from the very first day when people were still getting to their rooms, we never once felt crowded. We were actually amazed at the crowd control on such a large ship. We had no problems finding a lounger at the pool (even in the afternoon after sleeping in!), getting reservations for shows/dining, or just moving about. We found that going in Oct was the perfect time of year. The weather was perfect, the crowds were light, and we had a wonderful time.

Archived