Chocolates on Pillow

AKman2495

For a joke, when we get home, we put them on the pillows when our friends stay over.

The best thing ever, not relevant to this thread but I thought I would share, is the dipped strawberries we got on Royal Princess in June. Aren`t they lovely!

P6100028.jpg.4e926855f5e94d18c2eae6aaa7886058.jpg

I just disembarked from the Pacific Princess yesterday in Athens, and I got my nightly chocolates .... 2 each night, even though I was sailing as a solo and was in an OV cabin.

I have never not gotten my nightly chocolates in 22 cruises with Princess!!

Yes, I think you are reading something into the descriptions and yes, I believe they are sloppy. These cabin descriptions are new and it's obvious they aren't proof-read very well.

It's an omission, a mistake, an oversight, not a new policy. Come on, you're an experienced cruiser and have made many wise and thoughtful posts on this forum. You know better than this.

However, in only one day your post has created three pages of comments!

As I said...it is the kind of thing that gives us something to do between cruises.;):D

Just don't forget to take them off the pillow before retiring. My husband didn't one night and I'd hate to describe what it looked like by morning.

My son went back to his cabin very late one night after spending a lot of time (and a lot of money!) up in Skywalker's. He just crashed on top of the covers. I can attest to the fact that the chocolates don't hold up well when they've been slept on...

IMHO...no! :mad:

We put them in a ziploc bag and bring them home. When we're desperate and don't have anything else in the house, we might have one.

Lew

Too funny, And I thought only DW followed this practice :D

Hank

For me it's NOT seeing them on the bed, accidentally sleeping on them, having them melt under my Caribbean-tanned body, then waking up to little chocolate brown deposits on the sheets. If you think that was bad, wait until you have to explain those icky spots to your room steward! "Ah, it's not what you think....that really is chocolate.....it just melted.....ah...." :D

For me it's NOT seeing them on the bed, accidentally sleeping on them, having them melt under my Caribbean-tanned body, then waking up to little chocolate brown deposits on the sheets. If you think that was bad, wait until you have to explain those icky spots to your room steward! "Ah, it's not what you think....that really is chocolate.....it just melted.....ah...." :D

I actually left a note explaining what it was and apologizing for the mess.

For me, it's not the chocolates themselves which are important. It's just that they are there. I like coming in and seeing them and knowing that I'm on a cruise. :D

I agree with this. I wouldn't really feel like I was on a cruise if they didn't put the chocolates on the pillow. I also save them in a Ziploc bag and take them home. It makes the cruise seem to last a little bit longer.

OK, this is just weird but I was amazed to discover that chocolates on pillows seem to depend on what room you have and what ship you are on!

I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of months. In checking over my room on that ship it says it comes with "fine amenities". If you click on the description of amenities for that room it says nightly turndown service with chocolates on pillow. I am on the Plaza deck, which has a lot of OV rooms. Apparently, none of those rooms gets chocolates on their pillows!

I am also sailing on the Crown soon. I checked there and apparently, only Balconies and above get chocolates there.

Now, the chocolates are not a deal breaker, but it seems odd in how they choose to dispense them.....

Go figure....:confused:

Never missed any of our chocolates in our 10 Princess cruises.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Archived