On board bill print out query

GRHinPorts

Just off the Celebrity Constellation this morning in Istanbul after a lovely cruise but something that struck me as a bit odd was that we received no printed bill of our on line spend. This is the first time this has ever happened for us on any cruise including our only other Celebrity cruise this February but maybe there is a new policy on this.

As it happens we know what our on board spend was from looking at our account via the stateroom television but I should imagine there would be plenty of other passengers who would not have done this and without a written bill the chance of checking any mistakes is rather difficult. I could see some passengers challenging their final bill to quite some degree.

So really I am interested in anybody in the know being able to shed any light on why we would not have received a printed copy.

Just off the Celebrity Constellation this morning in Istanbul after a lovely cruise but something that struck me as a bit odd was that we received no printed bill of our on line spend. This is the first time this has ever happened for us on any cruise including our only other Celebrity cruise this February but maybe there is a new policy on this.

As it happens we know what our on board spend was from looking at our account via the stateroom television but I should imagine there would be plenty of other passengers who would not have done this and without a written bill the chance of checking any mistakes is rather difficult. I could see some passengers challenging their final bill to quite some degree.

So really I am interested in anybody in the know being able to shed any light on why we would not have received a printed copy.

I have not received a printout on several cruises. One is always smart to check the account daily on the TV. You can also request a printed statement from Guest Relations.

We have usually had them slipped under the door on the last night, but on our September 13th, 2013 cruise, it was tucked in our "mail slot" (room number plate) outside our cabin, as it seemed to be for everyone else.

You can phone Celebrity and ask them to email you a copy of your final bill. I had to do that because we had trouble with our photographs on our July 1st cruise on Century, and the final charges weren't available on our bill when we disembarked.

The folio is always available on the monitor in your cabin, you should have had a printed copy put into your "mail box" on the last night around 6 am or so. You can also request one from guest relations at any time during the cruise.

It's all my fault. Things started going bad on the cruise where our door broke in half when they tried to hang it in the slot since the bill was so heavy with all the pages.

Then on the next cruise they tried to push it under the door and it was so thick they got the door all jammed. It took four maintenance men 3 hours to get our door free so we could disembark the next morning and ruined the carpeting AND the door.

The final straw was the cruise where our bill was so long it tied up the printer for hours and used up all the spare paper on the ship. That's when they changed the rule and decided to only give us a copy if we ask for one. I don't bother as I can't take it home on the plane anyways without paying the extra weight charge.:rolleyes:

Besides, my head hurts just thinking of looking through the bill. At least that's why I tell my DW my head hurts. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the vast number of drinks listed on the accounting.

It's all my fault. Things started going bad on the cruise where our door broke in half when they tried to hang it in the slot since the bill was so heavy with all the pages.

Then on the next cruise they tried to push it under the door and it was so thick they got the door all jammed. It took four maintenance men 3 hours to get our door free so we could disembark the next morning and ruined the carpeting AND the door.

The final straw was the cruise where our bill was so long it tied up the printer for hours and used up all the spare paper on the ship. That's when they changed the rule and decided to only give us a copy if we ask for one. I don't bother as I can't take it home on the plane anyways without paying the extra weight charge.:rolleyes:

Besides, my head hurts just thinking of looking through the bill. At least that's why I tell my DW my head hurts. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the vast number of drinks listed on the accounting.

We had drink package on last cruise and upcoming cruise. It is nice to get a bill with ALL ZEROS by the pages and pages and pages of drinks.

We left the Century this morning after a pair of B2B cruises. On both legs we had final bills slipped under our stateroom door on the last evening of the cruise. However, one of the other couples also on B2B didn't receive a final statement for the first leg.

We did a pair of B2B cruises on the Equinox last April, and on one leg received a final printout, but not on the other leg.

We always seem to have a copy of our bill. Never to much on it. My parents have had bottles of wine twice on their bill. They don't buy bottles of wine. Two cruises ago Celebrity charged a Soda or something from the mini refrigerator on our bill after the final bill. We did not take anything from the refrigerator. I now have them empty the refrigerator. Richard

We also received no final printout at the end of our Eclipse New Year cruise in the Caribbean. Our account also disappeared from the TV before 6:00am on the final morning. I have always received a printout before and been able to view our account up until about 7:00am on the final morning which allowed me to check the final items that did nto make the printout.

When I wrote to Celebrity in the UK [as usual] to provide feedback on our cruise, I mentioned that, if this was a change of policy, it was one I was not happy with. Someone from the UK rang me to follow up my letter and assured me that there had been no change of policy and that we should have received the printout.

Sue

Larry -- too funny!! :D

We always check our charges daily on the stateroom TV, and deal with any discrepancies immediately. But, even doing that, I really am old-school about wanting that final print-out, before we leave the ship. On our last two cruises, it has not been delivered to our room -- we've had to go down to Guest Services on the last morning to have them print out a copy for us. :confused:

I have never had a problem with the billing system on cruise lines. On our last cruise with Sun Princess, they had a machine down near the front counter, where you swipe your Seapass Card, and it would show day to day, right up to the date you swiped, the things you spent money on, and your total amount owing, on that particular day.

Archived