Singles to get Double Points

I thought a JS did qualify for extra? I give up. All I know is my C&A level. When RCI changes it I guess I got enough points, nights at sea, credits, whatever it is they are doing these days. :confused:

South Shore....u?

We have stayed in JS' and have NEVER gotten extra points for it. We are getting extra points for our upcoming cruise, as it is a GS. South South can be a lot of different places, but I'm in Cranston. I have a lot of friends down your way. Have a wonderful evening.

Edited by DeBlasio1

Hey, Rhonda. Come join us on the Oasis December 7.

Carole, I would love to, but I have jury duty for November and December and have been excused for my Brilliance cruise on 12/16. I think I don't think I would be excused again at this point. We'll sail together again someday, I am sure!

12 solo balcony cabins

16 solo studio cabins

The odd thing is they actually have a single supplement

Can't check it now of course, since they are all booked.

When they were still available, it showed a per person rate for 2 people and a higher rate for a single. Believe it was around 125%. There were a few post on the Q thread about it.

Then many these cabins will bring extra credit for the solo folks.

lol...thank you MM...my bubble was not burst as all indicators state an extra point per night...and for a js that would make it three.... :D

You will have to report back as to what happens to you. For you sake, I hope you get them, but we have never. Have a nice evening.

We have stayed in JS' and have NEVER gotten extra points for it. We are getting extra points for our upcoming cruise, as it is a GS. South South can be a lot of different places, but I'm in Cranston. I have a lot of friends down your way. Have a wonderful evening.

Misquamicut. :)

I always have gotten extra points.

Not very many.

6 per deck on two decks: 12 total on the whole ship.

(These are Single Balcony cabins. They do not have twin beds that can be made up into a Queen/King. They have one double bed. RC says that you "can" book two into them.)

12 solo balcony cabins

16 solo studio cabins

When they were still available, it showed a per person rate for 2 people and a higher rate for a single. Believe it was around 125%. There were a few post on the Q thread about it.

Right. Decks 6-13, two per deck - inside studio cabins. 101 square feet!!!! Holy Moly....that makes the Sovereign class interiors look SPACIOUS at 122 square feet!

:eek:

You will have to report back as to what happens to you. For you sake, I hope you get them, but we have never. Have a nice evening.

Seriously, call C&A now. Any time that you paid for a junior suite (not a free upgrade), you receive double points. (points since 1/21/11; credits before that)

If you have not gotten double points for a JS you need to be contacting C&A...because it has been around a while now....Guess it depends on when you last sailed a JS...

Maybe you should contact C&A and see if there is anything they can do to help you. Your reservation history should say what type of cabin category you had.

Right. Decks 6-13, two per deck - inside studio cabins. 101 square feet!!!! Holy Moly....that makes the Sovereign class interiors look SPACIOUS at 122 square feet!

:eek:

When I was younger the Sea Venture, later to become the Pacific Princess, came to Providence and my brother and I made our mother bring us to the port to see it. We managed to get aboard and spend the day exploring. I could not believe the size of some of the cabins we saw!:eek: The next time we saw that ship (besides on TV) was when we took our very first cruise. It was docked in Bermuda when we got there.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I wish RCCL would let us know that they were going to do this ahead of time. I have an 11 day solo cruise booked for Dec., I was going to do a B2B solo on the Majesty before this cruise to help me get to Diamond Plus. Then RCCL does away with Diamonds in December, so instead of the Majesty, I booked a 3 day cruise on a MSC ship with my GF. Had I known, I would have done the Majesty and been 1 point shy of the next level.

Whoa<

If this is true (I had not heard):confused: Then this maybe a case of too little too late for me. My next cruise although long (14 nts) is in Nov 2014. I am just Platinum and trying to make Diamond. By the time I make it it will be gone. Are they replacing it with anything? Does anyone know? Not complaining, just wondering.

Thanks

Denise

Whoa<

If this is true (I had not heard):confused: Then this maybe a case of too little too late for me. My next cruise although long (14 nts) is in Nov 2014. I am just Platinum and trying to make Diamond. By the time I make it it will be gone. Are they replacing it with anything? Does anyone know? Not complaining, just wondering.

Thanks

Denise

Royal has not made any announcements with regard to replacing or continuing the December event.

12 solo balcony cabins

16 solo studio cabins

You are right Caribbean King1

I booked a Single Balcony on Quantum on the second day that bookings were open for C & A. I figured that the "single Supplement" was roughly 133% at that time. A DO obstructed Balcony was $3338.21 for a single cruiser that day and my Single Balcony( 1 of the 12) was $$2460.

I flunked math so you can check it. :D

Denise

I am thrilled that this thread did NOT go in that direction. I am telling the truth when I say that no one on FB wanted to be the first to post this on CC because of the usual response.

Oh wow....I can't believe your FB friends were not willing to do what you did......;) Whatta bunch of wusses..:p:p

Misquamicut. :)

I have friends and family in Charlestown and Westerly. Do you know the last name of Stenhouse by chance?

I always have gotten extra points.

I just spoke with C&A and they say NO double points for JS, so I guess the next phone would be a different answer. I can only go by what I'm told and the fact of what has happened to us. Maybe it was people who were sailing as D and above in December...just a guess here on this.

Have a great night all no matter how many points you have or points you will receive..we're all able to sail and that is all that matters.

I have friends and family in Charlestown and Westerly. Do you know the last name of Stenhouse by chance?

I just spoke with C&A and they say NO double points for JS, so I guess the next phone would be a different answer. I can only go by what I'm told and the fact of what has happened to us. Maybe it was people who were sailing as D and above in December...just a guess here on this.

Have a great night all no matter how many points you have or points you will receive..we're all able to sail and that is all that matters.

No, seriously, Donna. EVERYONE gets double points in a JS. EVERYONE EVERY MONTH.

That rep is wrong......it is 2 points,credits,whatever a night in a JS...unless you cruised LONG ago when it didn't count..

Royal has not made any announcements with regard to replacing or continuing the December event.

Thank You for your response.

Bait and switch...Carrot and stick? You decide :confused:

Well at least I can get to some higher level faster. :D

Vrooom

Denise

No, seriously, Donna. EVERYONE gets double points in a JS. EVERYONE EVERY MONTH.

That rep is wrong......it is 2 points,credits,whatever a night in a JS...unless you cruised LONG ago when it didn't count..

I'm going for a glass of wine, I'll check again tomorrow. Thanks everyone.;)