Singles to get Double Points

I read that the cruise must be booked after Oct 3rd. That seems a little unfair, as I have 3 solo cruises booked already.

I can understand not giving credit for PAST sailings, but it should be applied to any sailings on or after 10/3

If prices are the same for your sailings, you could cancel and rebook, if you feel better about it. Otherwise relax a while and see how it plays out. Several of us solos got double points on a 9/22 Allure cruise. So, at the moment it appears that solos may be getting double points on any cruise tallied to C&A on or after 10/3. If that holds, you should be in fine shape.

(Gina, this was Molly's date cruise, too).

Edited by Starry Eyes

I read that the cruise must be booked after Oct 3rd. That seems a little unfair, as I have 3 solo cruises booked already.

I can understand not giving credit for PAST sailings, but it should be applied to any sailings on or after 10/3

Per the C&A this morning, any cruise after Oct 3ed will get the 2 points, hope so, with my TA Nov 4th. She did say I would get the 2 points, so I guess its all up to who you talked to.

Some great news for solo travelers on RCI. Effective this month all solo cruisers paying a single supplement will now receive double cruise points. You will now receive 2 points for each night sailed. Any cruises departing after October 3rd, 2013 will receive double points for cruisers paying a single supplement.

That certainly brightened up a dull October day!!!

If prices are the same for your sailings, you could cancel and rebook, if you feel better about it. Otherwise relax a while and see how it plays out. Several of us solos got double points on a 9/22 Allure cruise. So, at the moment it appears that solos may be getting double points on any cruise tallied to C&A after 10/3. If that holds, you should be in fine shape.

Yeah they are deff not the same anymore...

Oasis booked for $729 (zero solo supplement) - Long story how I got that.

Indy Spring Break Gone up $400 now.

Freedom booked on PR $369 sale

I sure hope they just take care of those who book early.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but can someone tell me how do you find cruises where the single supplement is only 10%. We always travel with my dad and pay double for the base cruise rate for his cabin.

I am happy that he will be able to get extra points for the Oasis cruise we have booked for Nov 30th. He will now reach Platinum at the end of that cruise thanks to the new policy giving 3 points for sailing solo in a JS or higher. Does anyone know what the balcony discount is once you reach Platinum? We have the Explorer already booked for May 2014 and I want to know if he will receive an additional discount on that cruise since he will be Platinum before I make final payment.

Thanks

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Yes I without a doubt and absolutely do believe it will push people off the fence and they will book as singles more often. I've met plenty of self-proclaimed "point chasers" in the CL and this is all they will need. This could be good for RCI in a way as they may not have to lower the single supplement so often in order to fill the rooms.

Well, you may be right. We read enough about point chasing right here on these boards. If it does work I think it is a very smart move by RCI. They get bookings and occupied rooms for very little in return. As far as your thought about the staff missing out on tips, the other way to look at it is maybe those cabins would have sailed empty and then there would have been no tip at all.

Yeah they are deff not the same anymore...

Oasis booked for $729 (zero solo supplement) - Long story how I got that.

Indy Spring Break Gone up $400 now.

Freedom booked on PR $369 sale

I sure hope they just take care of those who book early.

Hang in there and watch for reports for others getting (or not getting) the extra points. I think it will probably work out for you on at least a couple of your cruises.

As I understand it, the policy says solos paying a single supplement get the extra points. So do no be too surprised if you do not get the extra points on that Oasis cruise. Still, no single supplement is a great deal.

I wish RCCL would let us know that they were going to do this ahead of time. I have an 11 day solo cruise booked for Dec., I was going to do a B2B solo on the Majesty before this cruise to help me get to Diamond Plus. Then RCCL does away with Diamonds in December, so instead of the Majesty, I booked a 3 day cruise on a MSC ship with my GF. Had I known, I would have done the Majesty and been 1 point shy of the next level.

Royal??? Advance notice of changes??? Accurate and timely info to all the booking people??? ;););)

Don't mean to hijack the thread but can someone tell me how do you find cruises where the single supplement is only 10%. We always travel with my dad and pay double for the base cruise rate for his cabin.

I am happy that he will be able to get extra points for the Oasis cruise we have booked for Nov 30th. He will now reach Platinum at the end of that cruise thanks to the new policy giving 3 points for sailing solo in a JS or higher. Does anyone know what the balcony discount is once you reach Platinum? We have the Explorer already booked for May 2014 and I want to know if he will receive an additional discount on that cruise since he will be Platinum before I make final payment.

Thanks

Recently a few select, last minute Allure and Oasis cruises were offered on Tuesday sales with 110% single supplement. For example Oasis 11/2 and 11/9 are supposed to have the special for new bookings this week. Here is a link to the PDF (updated weekly, so this week's deals will soon be replaced by next week's).

I do not think 110% deals are common. If anything, they may become less common with this new C&A deal.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Edited by Starry Eyes

Hang in there and watch for reports for others getting (or not getting) the extra points. I think it will probably work out for you on at least a couple of your cruises.

As I understand it, the policy says solos paying a single supplement get the extra points. So do no be too surprised if you do not get the extra points on that Oasis cruise. Still, no single supplement is a great deal.

Okay- Thanks for keeping me calm! :mad:

Yeah $729 is a steal for boardwalk balcony! (plus they had a coupon for $150 off balcony!) :D:D

I just did an online chat with C&A....as usual,not everyone is on the same page......I wasn't about to tell her how some already got it.;) After all,she was just reading what was in front of her

30428.png

XXXXXRCCL: [08:13] Thank you for contacting the Crown & Anchor Society. My name is XXXXX. How may I assist you?

[08:13] Hello Kathy

Kathy: [08:14] Hi.......I heard that solo cruisers will now get an additional credit per night......is this true?

XXXXXRCCL: [08:16] Yes, This was a suggestion of a fellow cruiser and the managment team liked the idea, so starting October 3rd, every reservation that is entered into the system as a single occupancy, they will receive an additional point per night.

Kathy: [08:16] Is it anywhere on your website yet?

XXXXXRCCL: [08:19] It has not been released out by marketing yet, but there will be an official announcement. We have not been told what those dates are as of yet. It is currently in place though for any booking that was made beginning October 3rd. It will not be retroactive, meaning if someone booked October 2nd as a single they would not qualify. They would need to cancel and rebook at prevailing rates, but the program has been started.

Kathy: [08:20] So since I booked my next cruise(for Nov) back in Sept,I won't get the extra points? I thought it was for cruises AFTER Oct 3rd,not bookings

XXXXXRCCL: [08:22] "Starting October 3, any sailings entering the database with the SINGLE pricing type will receive one additional point per night." This mean the booking must be created on or after October 3rd.

Kathy: [08:22] Ok,thanks for your help......I appreciate it.Bye.

crap, I missed it by ONE day :(:(:(

Did Molly and her DH book after Oct 3 for their recent Allure cruise? In fact when was this cruise started? Oct 3 was just 6 days ago.

My cruise was on 9/22, booked back in August. Like someone posted on one of these threads, I think what must have happened is that any solo cruisers points that got posted to their account after 10/3 got the double points.

I maybe counting ours wrong for the upcoming cruise. My husband & I will be in a JS ( 13 day NZ ) & ( 18 day Transpcific). We now have 35 points and are Platinum. I am figuring 2 X 13 = 26 and 2 X's 18 = 36. We are Platinum now so believe we will reach Emerald at the end of NZ & Diamond at the end of the Transpaicfic.

I just did an online chat with C&A....as usual,not everyone is on the same page......I wasn't about to tell her how some already got it.;) After all,she was just reading what was in front of her

30428.png

XXXXXRCCL: [08:13] Thank you for contacting the Crown & Anchor Society. My name is XXXXX. How may I assist you?

[08:13] Hello Kathy

Kathy: [08:14] Hi.......I heard that solo cruisers will now get an additional credit per night......is this true?

XXXXXRCCL: [08:16] Yes, This was a suggestion of a fellow cruiser and the managment team liked the idea, so starting October 3rd, every reservation that is entered into the system as a single occupancy, they will receive an additional point per night.

Kathy: [08:16] Is it anywhere on your website yet?

XXXXXRCCL: [08:19] It has not been released out by marketing yet, but there will be an official announcement. We have not been told what those dates are as of yet. It is currently in place though for any booking that was made beginning October 3rd. It will not be retroactive, meaning if someone booked October 2nd as a single they would not qualify. They would need to cancel and rebook at prevailing rates, but the program has been started.

Kathy: [08:20] So since I booked my next cruise(for Nov) back in Sept,I won't get the extra points? I thought it was for cruises AFTER Oct 3rd,not bookings

XXXXXRCCL: [08:22] "Starting October 3, any sailings entering the database with the SINGLE pricing type will receive one additional point per night." This mean the booking must be created on or after October 3rd.

Kathy: [08:22] Ok,thanks for your help......I appreciate it.Bye.

And I called and was told that the double points applied to my 9/22 sailing. Go figure:rolleyes:

If this is my first RCCL cruise, do I get points for it, or only on the next cruise?

Sorry

After only one completed cruise with Royal Caribbean International® you automatically qualify for Crown & Anchor® Society Membership.