Singles to get Double Points

Just called C&A and was put on hold for around 10 mins so she could check...

Her response was: "In order to receive double points for solo cruiser the booking must be made on or after 10/3"

Well that's not nice..... if she's correct..... I have 3 cruises already booked....

This is great news:D I have a B2B booked for Nov/Dec and was disappointed that there weren't going to be Diamonds in December but this is sooo much better:cool:

Hi Ginnie :D

Well if the post above is correct it doesn't apply to cruises already booked.... :mad:

Well that is different than what SPRING wrote, but much happier news. I hope that you are right[/quote

What I had is just what is on the RCCL page, it may just be the word

automatically

its talking about.

And I called and was told that the double points applied to my 9/22 sailing. Go figure:rolleyes:

I have a question, tell me to MYOB if you want. Why would you book a separate cabin from your spouse? I know it was only 10% more so not that much but I wouldn't spend the extra if I was cruising with my spouse. Now, if I sailed with my Mom again, I would probably spend 50% more for the extra cabin but that is a completely different story.;)

Just wondering, if I am being too nosey, just say so.:)

I have a question, tell me to MYOB if you want. Why would you book a separate cabin from your spouse? I know it was only 10% more so not that much but I wouldn't spend the extra if I was cruising with my spouse. Now, if I sailed with my Mom again, I would probably spend 50% more for the extra cabin but that is a completely different story.;)

I can tell you........it was cheaper(than one cabin).....there was a savings certificate for that cruise so both of them used it.....I would do the same....connecting cabins with 2 bathrooms!:)

Edited by PH8

1. 2 bathrooms

2. DH stays up later than I do and could go into another room to watch

TV

3. We got 2 D+ discounts so 2 cabins ended up being $100 less than 1

cabin that we had originally booked

Hi Ginnie :D

Well if the post above is correct it doesn't apply to cruises already booked.... :mad:

Linda

There were people that got off the Oasis on Sep 29th, there points were added to them after Oct 3ed and they did receive the 2 points per day, will have to check with others that had there points added after Oct 3ed to see if the receive there's also.

Ron

Edited by Spring

I can tell you........it was cheaper(than one cabin).....there was a savings certificate for that cruise so both of them used it.....I would do the same....connecting cabins with 2 bathrooms!:)

Hey, I typed too slow. 2 D+ discounts instead of 1:D

Well that is different than what SPRING wrote, but much happier news. I hope that you are right[/quote

What I had is just what is on the RCCL page, it may just be the word

automatically

its talking about.

It does say you automatically qualify, but you still need to sign up.

1. 2 bathrooms

TV

And double points now too! Sounds like you got a great deal.

1. 2 bathrooms

TV

Ooooh very nice! I hadn't even considered booking connecting cabins and having access to the two bathrooms:o I was thinking the two bathrooms would be nice but a pain to go back and forth if you forgot something.

Now, I might actually consider that too. Thanks for answering.:)

Ooooh very nice! I hadn't even considered booking connecting cabins and having access to the two bathrooms:o I was thinking the two bathrooms would be nice but a pain to go back and forth if you forgot something.

Now, I might actually consider that too. Thanks for answering.:)

You're welcome. :) I don't think those low single supplements appear very often. I had never even thought of doing that before. I was just playing with pricing and couldn't believe that it would actually be less than the 1 cabin.

Royal??? Advance notice of changes??? Accurate and timely info to all the booking people??? ;););)

Sorry Bob, I lost my head for the moment, I got it back now.

crap, I missed it by ONE day :(:(:(

I had my TA call today about my solo Dec. 11 day cruise that has been booked for some time. She called back and said that I will get double points regardless of when I booked.

I maybe counting ours wrong for the upcoming cruise. My husband & I will be in a JS ( 13 day NZ ) & ( 18 day Transpcific). We now have 35 points and are Platinum. I am figuring 2 X 13 = 26 and 2 X's 18 = 36. We are Platinum now so believe we will reach Emerald at the end of NZ & Diamond at the end of the Transpaicfic.

Go on 2 cruises, jump up 2 classes, not bad.

I had my TA call, she was told that all solo's get double points. It does not have to be booked before 10-2-13. I asked because I am going solo on an 11 day cruise in Dec., she was told by C&A that I would get double.

Sounds like they may have already rethought the Oct 3 booking restriction.:)

I am assuming that if you book in one of the "solo" cabins that you would not receive an extra point. I booked Quantum for 12 nights and that would be great if I did get double points but I'm not complaining if I don't. It never hurts to ask.

Sorry Bob, I lost my head for the moment, I got it back now.

I had my TA call today about my solo Dec. 11 day cruise that has been booked for some time. She called back and said that I will get double points regardless of when I booked.

Im sure the rep I chatted with didn't know for sure....I'm betting on it will just be the cruise date,not the booking date.