Singles to get Double Points

I think that it is great! I just wish that they would apply it retroactively! ;)

(they're not)

:D

Is this official now?

I knew I liked you Merion Mom, when I met you on Oasis! Certainly making my morning.

This is certainly good news for me as I have my cruises in suites coming up now in November, but if they applied it just for 2013, I would have made Diamond in one year as I will hit 51 days total in 2013 the 'old fashioned' way as a single.

I finally have a cruise coming up where they even opened the 'W' guarantee to singles.

Merion Mom I'm not sure why you think people may attack you for this. Surely it's really good news. Singles are often discriminated against when booking rooms and it seems unfair to me, even though I don't travel as a single.

Surely people can be glad for the singles, it's not affecting others adversely and after all even those of us who travel in couples may have to travel single one day!

Edited by Bobal

Some great news for solo travelers on RCI. Effective this month all solo cruisers paying a single supplement will now receive double cruise points. You will now receive 2 points for each night sailed. Any cruises departing after October 3rd, 2013 will receive double points for cruisers paying a single supplement.

Thank you for this great news :D ..about darn time they did this :D

This is so exciting. I am 14 points shy of becoming D+ which meant that I would reach that status in the middle of my 7 + 14 B2B in Nov. With this change I should get 14 points for the 7 day leg which would mean I am D+ for the second leg. I'm going to call C&A today to see how I can activate this status for the second cruise.

Edited by 138east

This is so exciting. I am 14 points shy of becoming D+ which meant that I would reach that status in the middle of my 7 + 14 B2B in Nov. With this change I should get 14 points for the 7 day leg which would mean I am D+ for the second leg. I'm going to call C&A today to see how I can activate this status for the second cruise.

Yes my friend, please find out as I'm in the same boat and will be on the same ship. We can do it together. :D

Happy sailing, Candy

Edited by canrubu

Carol....just tell the LA on the ship...let them know on part one, they should get it all straight for you....mommy and I did this..worked great!!

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

Carol....just tell the LA on the ship...let them know on part one, they should get it all straight for you....mommy and I did this..worked great!!

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

Thanks Meg. I'll have the whole week to get it straightened out. Concierge Lounge and free laundry here I come!

Well that explains it. I can verify this Carol. DH and I ended up getting our own cabins as the single supplement on the Allure as some of you know was only 10%.

I just checked our cruise points and we each got 14 points:)

That is great for you! I am confused though that if it doesn't go into effect until Oct 3 and today is only Oct 9 how you have already cruised 7 nights to receive 14 points. Not questioning you....just curious.

Have never cruised solo and think this is great but I would think they would have a limitation on it. I can see giving the extra credit for folks that pay the 175 or 200% supplement but to give it to the folks that pay 110 or 120% seems a little too generous. Folks were saying the Diamonds in Dec double points were creating too many DPs. I can see many folks booking cabins as solo traveller's to get the extra points (when the supplements are low). This will help folks build credits and achieve a higher level again creating more folks in the tiers at a factor pace. It may also reduce revenue though as folks may take up cabins at the reduced supplement therefore decreasing inventory available for folks to book rooms for 2 or 3 bringing in revenue. Congrats to those folks that sail solo but I would think RC would need to put some limitations to this. Just my thoughts!

If you are sailing solo in a cabin built for two (not the single rooms on the new Quantum, I assume), you will receive two points per night sailed.

Nice. Personally, I don't care. But I see a funny thing playing out. There are going to be 2 or 3 couples...the ones who jockey for #2 or #3...booking separate rooms just to get the points. You know who I'm talking about! ;)

Edited by Aquahound

I spoke with RCCL today as well about another issue and they brought this up to me, since they saw I am a single cruiser.

What they advised me, is the wording is "Singles get an extra point for every day cruised" NOT Double points, so Yes, in a suite a single would get 3 points per day. (I specifially asked that question).

MM was correct in saying that they are not going retroactive on sailings, it is just from this point forward, but still makes me very happy that they are recognising that the single cruisers are paying a lot more per sailing!

Way to go RCCL.:D:D

Hmmmmm,so you are saying for "basically" the same cost(cruising solo or double),if I cruise solo(without my husband),I will earn more points compared to if he cruised too.....I really prefer to cruise with him,but.............hahahahahah

Nice. Personally, I don't care. But I see a funny thing playing out. There are going to be 2 or 3 couples...the one who jockey for #2 or #3...booking separate rooms just to get the points. You know who I'm talking about! ;)

I do:p:p and I know some Pinnacle members who cruise solo.....they are really going to rack up the points...:eek:

That is great for you! I am confused though that if it doesn't go into effect until Oct 3 and today is only Oct 9 how you have already cruised 7 nights to receive 14 points. Not questioning you....just curious.

:D:D I just checked my points, was on Allure with Molly Sep 22-29, received 14 points! :D:D And yes, I only paid 10% supplement! :o Hate the game, not the player!

It may also reduce revenue though as folks may take up cabins at the reduced supplement therefore decreasing inventory available for folks to book rooms for 2 or 3 bringing in revenue.

Reduced supplements are almost always reserved for sailings that are not selling well anyway. Just one more tool used to fill up the otherwise empty cabins.

Theron

Have never cruised solo and think this is great but I would think they would have a limitation on it. I can see giving the extra credit for folks that pay the 175 or 200% supplement but to give it to the folks that pay 110 or 120% seems a little too generous. Folks were saying the Diamonds in Dec double points were creating too many DPs. I can see many folks booking cabins as solo traveller's to get the extra points (when the supplements are low). This will help folks build credits and achieve a higher level again creating more folks in the tiers at a factor pace. It may also reduce revenue though as folks may take up cabins at the reduced supplement therefore decreasing inventory available for folks to book rooms for 2 or 3 bringing in revenue. Congrats to those folks that sail solo but I would think RC would need to put some limitations to this. Just my thoughts!

I just called C and A and was told the double points were applicable on my sailing whitch was 9/22. That's all I know!!

Edited by molly361