Singles to get Double Points

Too bad for the stateroom attendants who will only get tips from one much more often now. No need for those to respond who say we shouldn't worry about them. I'm just stating it's too bad for them.

Gina

On the other hand, many of us who cruise solo tip the stateroom attendant double. So it may not be much of a hit to them.

Just called C&A and was put on hold for around 10 mins so she could check...

Her response was: "In order to receive double points for solo cruiser the booking must be made on or after 10/3"

Given that RCI hasn't made an official announcement, I'd say that the customer service reps are shooting in the dark at the moment. Every new points-related promotion I've seen (e.g., the late Diamonds in December promos) has been keyed to the date of sailing, not the date of booking. Let's hope that this one is, too!

I had my TA call, she was told that all solo's get double points. It does not have to be booked before 10-2-13. I asked because I am going solo on an 11 day cruise in Dec., she was told by C&A that I would get double.

Do you mean "after" Oct 2nd... That is the question here. If you get the double points for a previously booked cruise. Your comment is the opposite

On the other hand, many of us who cruise solo tip the stateroom attendant double. So it may not be much of a hit to them.

Given that RCI hasn't made an official announcement, I'd say that the customer service reps are shooting in the dark at the moment. Every new points-related promotion I've seen (e.g., the late Diamonds in December promos) has been keyed to the date of sailing, not the date of booking. Let's hope that this one is, too!

I don't think their IT dept could figure out date of booking so I'm fairly confident that all those paying a single supplement for current bookings will receive 2 points per night. It is probably also why cruisers having solo cruises posted after October 3rd are receiving the extra points even when their cruise was in September. Once it's in their system it should be calculated with the new rules as their IT dept has a difficult enough time as it is never mind putting in rules on booking dates and such. LOL

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Thanks for this info.

Hi,

This is great news! I only wish that they had started doing this earlier (I have taken 5 Royal Caribbean cruises solo since 2011). On the bright side, I have three Royal Caribbean cruises booked as a solo. I will now become Diamond Plus much sooner than anticipated.

Chuck

Recently a few select, last minute Allure and Oasis cruises were offered on Tuesday sales with 110% single supplement. For example Oasis 11/2 and 11/9 are supposed to have the special for new bookings this week. Here is a link to the PDF (updated weekly, so this week's deals will soon be replaced by next week's).

I do not think 110% deals are common. If anything, they may become less common with this new C&A deal.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Thanks, I have seen something like this before. How do you get one weekly - I sign into my C&A from time to time but never seen anything like this, so easy to read.

Thanks, I have seen something like this before. How do you get one weekly - I sign into my C&A from time to time but never seen anything like this, so easy to read.

Just bookmark the link and it will update automatically when the new specials are available. Usually done Thursday afternoons or the Friday for the following week. Sometimes the specials are good for different dates but for the most part it is a weekly Monday/Tuesday sales deal flyer.

Just called C&A and was put on hold for around 10 mins so she could check...

Her response was: "In order to receive double points for solo cruiser the booking must be made on or after 10/3"

Answers given over the phone are not always reflective of practice; sometimes things turn out better than promised. It did for me, and it might (just might) for you.

Perhaps we can be philosophical about this. When you booked, you got great deals (strong work there:D) and understood you'd get single points. Now the prices of the cruises are up, up and up. Yesterday you were probably really happy with your deals (for good reason!). You could cancel and rebook if a promise of double points is worth the price difference; I would not do that, but today you have the option. Assuming you keep the bookings as they are, today you have the same great deals plus a possibility (not a promise, but a real possibility) that you'll get double points for some or all of those cruises. Maybe you should be as happy or even happier today than yesterday. Watch and see if others who booked early and paid single supplements continue get double points.

Reduced supplements are almost always reserved for sailings that are not selling well anyway. Just one more tool used to fill up the otherwise empty cabins.

Theron

D+ over 350 points (I think it's 340) and Pinnacles sailing solo get a reduced single supplement at any time other than holidays and July/August. I hope that perk stays in place!

Edited by critterchick

Just spoke with Michael at C&A and he said the extra point per day is for all sailing starting 10/3 regardless of when booked:cool: But, of course, I could call back and get a different answer;)

Never call back once you get the answer that you want as it will most likely change!:D

I am assuming that if you book in one of the "solo" cabins that you would not receive an extra point. I booked Quantum for 12 nights and that would be great if I did get double points but I'm not complaining if I don't. It never hurts to ask.

The 'solo' balcony SB category is quite pricy if you consider cabin size and does state a maximum occupancy of 2 passengers, so I would expect that it would reward the same points as another category for a solo traveler.

I am booked on the maiden ocean voyage in an SB and will be able to report.

The only way to find out earlier would be from someone booking one of the new 'Studio Interior' cabins on deck 4 of Serenade that only come up for solos and do price at same rate as the Q singles which are at 167 % supliment on the cruise I checked 12 December.

Attack me; I can take it.

There are ongoing discussions on several different threads on Facebook, with people posting who have called Royal Caribbean and gotten verification.

No one else has the chutzpah to post here.

I do. :D

If you are sailing solo in a cabin built for two (not the single rooms on the new Quantum, I assume), you will receive two points per night sailed.

Thanks for the post. I hope this is permanent.... I travel solo and the extra points will make me happy.

Just booked two single rooms on the Allure for 11/9 through Jerry at RCCL. $849 all in, and I asked about the solo points, he said he didn't know but would get back to me (and I thought ya right). About a half an hour later I got an email from Jerry, confirming that double points is the new policy and I would be diamond after this sailing whoop whoop!

Stephanie

Just got this email(a pleasant surprise they did this) regarding my chat that I posted on here earlier:

Hello Kathy,

We spoke via chat this morning in regards to the extra Crown and Anchor points. I wanted to reach out to you and apologize that I am afraid I had given you incorrect information regarding those points. The wording on the new policy was somewhat ambiguous. It had stated that beginning Oct 3rd any sailings entered into the database would receive those extra points. I read this to mean that it would be on new reservations entered into our system.

In speaking with one of my supervisors, I clarified this issue, and I wanted to let you know that I advised you incorrectly. Any sailings that have been completed and points being awarded to those guest beginning on October 3rd are being given those extra points. As you will have sailed after October 3rd (with no input from when the reservation was made) you will receive the extra point per night.

I wanted to make sure that I reached out to you and gave you the correct information as it became available to me, and I apologize that I did not have this information when we chatted earlier today. My aim to make sure our guests receive the correct information, and since I had not, please accept my deepest apologies for the misinformation.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me, either directly back through email, via chat or you can call Crown and Anchor at 800-526-9723.

I read that the cruise must be booked after Oct 3rd. That seems a little unfair, as I have 3 solo cruises booked already.

I can understand not giving credit for PAST sailings, but it should be applied to any sailings on or after 10/3

That is not true.

You must take the cruise after Oct 3rd. It does not matter when you book it.

No retroactive

Just got this email(a pleasant surprise they did this) regarding my chat that I posted on here earlier:

Hello Kathy,

We spoke via chat this morning in regards to the extra Crown and Anchor points. I wanted to reach out to you and apologize that I am afraid I had given you incorrect information regarding those points. The wording on the new policy was somewhat ambiguous. It had stated that beginning Oct 3rd any sailings entered into the database would receive those extra points. I read this to mean that it would be on new reservations entered into our system.

In speaking with one of my supervisors, I clarified this issue, and I wanted to let you know that I advised you incorrectly. Any sailings that have been completed and points being awarded to those guest beginning on October 3rd are being given those extra points. As you will have sailed after October 3rd (with no input from when the reservation was made) you will receive the extra point per night.

I wanted to make sure that I reached out to you and gave you the correct information as it became available to me, and I apologize that I did not have this information when we chatted earlier today. My aim to make sure our guests receive the correct information, and since I had not, please accept my deepest apologies for the misinformation.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me, either directly back through email, via chat or you can call Crown and Anchor at 800-526-9723.

thanks for posting. this is an excellent bit of cs on rcl's part.

freakin awesome....13 nighter coming, in a js, means 39 points....which now means diamond plus after this next cruise....

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you do not get extra points for booking a JS...sorry.:(

Hello Kathy,

that is a nice email. the new information seems consistent with actual events. having disembarked from a solo booking on 9/29, I feel very fortunate that my points were not awarded until on or after 10/3; if they had been tallied faster, I'd have lost out on the extra points.