Singles to get Double Points

Just bookmark the link and it will update automatically when the new specials are available. Usually done Thursday afternoons or the Friday for the following week. Sometimes the specials are good for different dates but for the most part it is a weekly Monday/Tuesday sales deal flyer.

that is my pattern as well. I just click on the bookmark each week to see the next sale.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you do not get extra points for booking a JS...sorry.:(

It seemed that everything I read indicated that singles would get 2 points per night for anything less than a JS, and 3 points per night for JS and better.

That is not true.

You must take the cruise after Oct 3rd. It does not matter when you book it.

No retroactive

If you look at the other thread, you'll se that is not quite true either. he truth is even better! C&A points tallied on or after October 3 are getting the extra points. So some us us who sailed solo in late September to early October also benefitted from the new policy:D

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you do not get extra points for booking a JS...sorry.:(

I thought a JS did qualify for extra? I give up. All I know is my C&A level. When RCI changes it I guess I got enough points, nights at sea, credits, whatever it is they are doing these days. :confused:

Was on Brilliance as a single on the 9-22 sailing that was booked months ago and just checked. I got double points (14 points for a 7 night cruise). Looks like that Oct 3rd date is incorrect.

Now only need 5 points to be D+ !!

Edited by BaumD

Nana, you are correct. May call you this weekend when I'm in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Karen. I'm so glad I got to meet and visit with Jeannie and Craig last week on Oasis. I should be available most of the weekend. Give me a call:)

Was on Brilliance as a single on the 9-22 sailing that was booked months ago and just checked. I got double points (14 points for a 7 night cruise). Looks like that Oct 3rd date is incorrect.

Now only need 5 points to be D+ !!

They are good people. It would likely be lunch on Monday or Tues. I'll send you an email. I'm so glad you got to meet them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am ready, willing and able to burst YOUR bubble.

Junior Suite has always qualified for the extra point, ever since (I think) 2004.

Other suite perks start with GS, but JS at least has been getting the bonus points.

To those who were wondering why I "feared an attack" -

That's sort of the typical M.O. around here. The first person to announce or report something is questioned about the source of the information, how do you know this, how do you know that it's true, blah, blah, blah.

I am thrilled that this thread did NOT go in that direction. I am telling the truth when I say that no one on FB wanted to be the first to post this on CC because of the usual response.

Y'all did good, CC'ers. :)

This also explains why my last week on the Freedom is listed as 14 points. I thought that it was a mistake. I have been debating whether to call and question it.

But now we all have verification from three ships on this thread: Allure, Oasis and Freedom. We all, who cruised solo the week of 9/22 - 9/29, received 14 points instead of 7. And now we know the reason. ;)

I cruised THREE WEEKS solo last month. I'd love to have 42 points for that, but I'm still happy to have 28 instead of 21.

And in my opinion (and that's ALL that it is), we WON'T get the extra points on the Quantum's single cabins. I couldn't get my usual single supplement reduction on it when I booked it, "because it's already priced as a single fare".

The statistics that would be interesting to know: how many SINGLES are high D+, and thus likely to hit Pinnacle much sooner because of this policy? My guess: not "that" many.

The statistics that would be interesting to know: how many SINGLES are high D+, and thus likely to hit Pinnacle much sooner because of this policy? My guess: not "that" many.

Along the same thought, I am curious about high numbered D's becoming DP. I believe it is the high D's that will become DP sooner because of this that will have an effect. We have had numerous discussions on here about the overcrowding of the CL due to so many folks making DP faster due to D in Dec. Now folks will make DP faster due to this change and it is available year around. Wow.

And in my opinion (and that's ALL that it is), we WON'T get the extra points on the Quantum's single cabins. I couldn't get my usual single supplement reduction on it when I booked it, "because it's already priced as a single fare".

Do you know how many single cabins Quantum has? If there are not many then supply and demand may mean that they will be priced rather high and no extra points.

To those who were wondering why I "feared an attack" -

That's sort of the typical M.O. around here. The first person to announce or report something is questioned about the source of the information, how do you know this, how do you know that it's true, blah, blah, blah.

I am thrilled that this thread did NOT go in that direction. I am telling the truth when I say that no one on FB wanted to be the first to post this on CC because of the usual response.

Y'all did good, CC'ers. :)

After what happened to some of the original posters on the new smoking policy can you blame them. I was surprised as you about this one although the topic is slightly less controversial.:)

I am doing a Happy Dance!!!! over this news! Thanks for posting, Carol!! Sure wish it was retroactive! The 340 point mark for reduced single supplement now looks obtainable!

I'm glad RC has finally noticed the increase in baby boomers who sail solo, whether by choice or circumstance. Hope to see more onboard activities and benefits for solo cruisers!

Do you know how many single cabins Quantum has? If there are not many then supply and demand may mean that they will be priced rather high and no extra points.

Not very many.

6 per deck on two decks: 12 total on the whole ship.

(These are Single Balcony cabins. They do not have twin beds that can be made up into a Queen/King. They have one double bed. RC says that you "can" book two into them.)

I am doing a Happy Dance!!!! over this news! Thanks for posting, Carol!! Sure wish it was retroactive! The 340 point mark for reduced single supplement now looks obtainable!

I'm glad RC has finally noticed the increase in baby boomers who sail solo, whether by choice or circumstance. Hope to see more onboard activities and benefits for solo cruisers!

Hey, Rhonda. Come join us on the Oasis December 7.

I am ready, willing and able to burst YOUR bubble.

Junior Suite has always qualified for the extra point, ever since (I think) 2004.

Other suite perks start with GS, but JS at least has been getting the bonus points.

lol...thank you MM...my bubble was not burst as all indicators state an extra point per night...and for a js that would make it three.... :D

Not very many.

6 per deck on two decks: 12 total on the whole ship.

(These are Single Balcony cabins. They do not have twin beds that can be made up into a Queen/King. They have one double bed. RC says that you "can" book two into them.)

12 solo balcony cabins

16 solo studio cabins

The odd thing is they actually have a single supplement

Can't check it now of course, since they are all booked.

When they were still available, it showed a per person rate for 2 people and a higher rate for a single. Believe it was around 125%. There were a few post on the Q thread about it.