Favorite Princess Ship?

bling19572010

Coral : spacious, uncrowded, a terrific crew [although admittedly that's a variable] plus I loved the forward and stern public decks, which combined with the fantastic full wrap-around promenade, make her (and her twin, the Island) the best ship for outside views and for reveling in the singular pleasure of truly feeling like one is at sea.*

*yes, I've had balconies and no, I don't get the same feeling as I do on an open deck. I can't explain why. Although I do love those lifeboats hanging above my head on the prom!

Hi,

Just looking thru Roll Calls, and notice your post. We have been on the Diamond three times now, and just wondering what is the Thermals Suite????

Cheers

Followed closely by the Golden. Best staff at sea each and every time we have cruised them. DW gives the nod to the Diamond because it has the thermal suite whereas the Golden unfortunatly does not.

Its in the spa area or very close. Heated contoured benches to lie on while some kind of aroma is pumped into the air. Personally I've never been there but DW loves the place. It's pay for use unless you stay in a suite where it's one of the perks. We are blessed in that we can stay in a suite and DW does at least an hour a day in the place, more on sea days. I'm pretty easy to please. I just go to the bar for a beer.

Its in the spa area or very close. Heated contoured benches to lie on while some kind of aroma is pumped into the air. Personally I've never been there but DW loves the place. It's pay for use unless you stay in a suite where it's one of the perks. We are blessed in that we can stay in a suite and DW does at least an hour a day in the place, more on sea days. I'm pretty easy to please. I just go to the bar for a beer.

Now if only they'd put a bar in the thermal suite...the best of both worlds!

Of the ones I've sailed on, the Sapphire Princess would be my choice. The subtle changes from the other grand class ships really set it apart. It's too bad I won't have the chance to sail her again before she gets redeployed to Asia, it's really one of the nicest ships I've been on.

As second choice, I think I'd go with the Ruby Princess. Although identical to the Crown (which I've also sailed on) the staff on the Ruby seemed a lot better.

My favorite: The Coral and Island twins. Spacious, never feels crowded, and like the stern observation areas: great for Alaska and Panama Canal. Love to dine in the Buffet and see where we are going.

Her favorite: Grand. Spacious, great crew and outstanding dining.

(Although you didn't ask) We agree on our least favorite: Sapphire. Cramped dining rooms, less than optimum layout.

• 4 weeks later...
Pacific Princess!!! Great things come in small packages!

I aree. We haven't sailed on the Pacific Princess, but we've sailed on the Ocean Princess which is the same, and it's our favorite. We also sailed on the Oceania Regatta which is the same ship--all bought from Renaissance when they went belly-up. :)

Princess Cruises:

Sapphire Princess-Alaska-2006

Regal Princess-Panama Canal-2006

Ocean Princess-NY to Dover via Greenland & Iceland-2010

Ocean Princess-Singapore to Shanghai-2011

Diamond Princess-Singapore to Sydney to Auckland (b2b)-2011

Golden Princess-Buenos Aires to Los Angeles-2014 (planned)

Other Ocean Cruises:

Royal Caribbean-3 day L.A.-Mexico-2001

Royal Caribbean-Hawaii-2004

Marco Polo-Antarctica-2007

Oceania Regatta-Amazon-2012

River Cruises:

Nile River-1985

Yangtze River-2001

Dnieper River-2005

Volga River-2008

Mekong River-2013

The Ruby was amazing, but I think the Star might be my current fav. Not for the amenities... It hosted the best, most helpful, most pleasant staff I have ever encountered. They were such a lovely team! (and the guest really felt it, too!)

Have to agree here. Loved all our cruises but the crew on the star made it so special From the captain down. Least favourite was the Caribbean because the anytime dining was a nightmare.

Terry

All of them...except the new Royal!

Us too ;)

Diamond & Sapphire. Wide wrap around promenade, basically the same size as Emerald/Ruby with one less deck and less passengers....;:):):)

Bob

We like the Crown and Grand ... so we should be happy with the Sapphire ...yes?