Mini-Suite Perks

FishOn55

The only perks I am aware of is a welcome glass of champagne on embarkation day and possibly an enhanced basket of amenities (lotion, etc.).

It has been several years since we booked a mini-suite. We have booked one for our upcoming cruise on the Ruby Princess but aren't anticipating anything new.

We book mini-suites but we are also Elite so we do get extra stuff because of that.

You will get all of the cabin facilities listed for mini-suites (tub, 2 TVs, etc. ) ... but nothing else really extra.

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

A glass of sparkling wine-type beverage from your cabin steward (it's not great, but you know what? It means you're finally on board, about to start your cruise in a fab minisuite, and it's free. So I say, yum.)

You'll also receive shower gel as part of your bathroom amenities (along with the usual shampoo/conditioner/lotion). The gel is excellent for washing out bathing suits. (I presume it's also good as shower gel, but I personally am a bar of soap girl. Which you also get, of course. Soap, I mean. Not a girl.)

Otherwise, no, you don't get any other perks once onboard.

You'll also receive shower gel as part of your bathroom amenities (along with the usual shampoo/conditioner/lotion). The gel is excellent for washing out bathing suits. (I presume it's also good as shower gel, but I personally am a bar of soap girl. Which you also get, of course. Soap, I mean. Not a girl.)

Now you tell me!!! The only reason I booked a mini suite was that I thought you got a girl. :D:D:D

A glass of sparkling wine-type beverage from your cabin steward (it's not great, but you know what? It means you're finally on board, about to start your cruise in a fab minisuite, and it's free. So I say, yum.)

Annie- Certainly you have higher standards than that!

• 7 months later...
The steward may offer you the champagne. Don't drink it. They are doing you a favor if they skip it :)

If it is like the free champagne at the Captain's Welcome Party, then it will be fine with us. We have never had a bad champagne. But then again, we are probably not sophisticated enough to know the difference....at a wine-tasting we went to once (the $25 one), they had Dom Perignon, and to us it tasted like Korbel. :cool:

If it is like the free champagne at the Captain's Welcome Party, then it will be fine with us. We have never had a bad champagne. But then again, we are probably not sophisticated enough to know the difference....at a wine-tasting we went to once (the $25 one), they had Dom Perignon, and to us it tasted like Korbel. :cool:
Haven't been to the Captain's Welcome Party in years, possibly decades, so I can't compare. However, it's not champagne but a very sweet sparkling wine. If you like a decidedly sweet wine, then you'll like it. Otherwise, it'll taste like rotgut. I'm not much of a wine drinker and my palate probably sucks when it comes to discerning wine quality but Trader Joe's 2-Buck Chuck is infinitely better.

It's pretty bad whatever it is. I've heard it referred to as Headache water, and I can't find fault with that description.

It's pretty bad whatever it is. I've heard it referred to as Headache water, and I can't find fault with that description.

If the sparkling wine is so disgusting as everyone thinks (heard this so many times), I'm sure they must have had many complaints and ughs. Curious why they continue with it, seems like such a waste of $ ?

I couldn't agree more! We were so excited to be in our mini-suite on our voyage to China that we toasted our departure with the free bubbly. For all I know it could have been cat's pee, but I was in the moment so I was oblivious. And we're in a mini-suite on our next cruise so you'll find me sipping the bubbly again......and loving it!

My only complaint is that I wish they served it in flutes. Those old Marie Antoinette champagne glasses are sooooooooo déclassé.:eek:

cheers

Stu

LOL. The first thing everyone I know that cruises said to me when they heard we'd booked our Christmas cruise on Princess was "Don't drink the house 'champagne'" :eek: Nearly scared me off! ;)

Those old Marie Antoinette champagne glasses are sooooooooo déclassé.:eek:

I read somewhere that they are coming back into fashion again! :eek:

However I won't believe that until Riedel start selling them :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

We are looking forward to our first mini in October. So looking forward to the extra space, balcony, and bathtub!

A question about the "champagne" - do they bring it to your stateroom? And is it poured from your individual small bottle? Just wondering about the method of receiving it as neither of us drink alcohol, and maybe we could request something in it's place. If not, no biggie, just thought someone here would know.

They are poured in champagne glasses--no bottle and no opportunity to substitute. You often have to request it, but sometimes the steward has it already poured and chilling in the refrigerator.