Embassy suites FLL already full

Thebes

Have you considered another hotel, perhaps with a more reasonable price? I know I always use either of two Hampton Inns in Fort Lauderdale. Both have airport/ship shuttles. I know that's not the choice of most people here, but if you need a room at a more reasonable price, you may want to check out other options. I'm assuming you only need the room for the night before/after your cruise.

Edited by ellieanne

It's the height of the season in Florida

I doubt prices will go down

Prices will go down as the date approaches, just keep your eye on it and when the price goes down they should adjust it . If they dont just cancel and re-book, we do it all the time.We had booked the Hyatt house at $260 and as time got close to the date it came down to $107.

Prices will go down as the date approaches, just keep your eye on it and when the price goes down they should adjust it . If they dont just cancel and re-book, we do it all the time.We had booked the Hyatt house at $260 and as time got close to the date it came down to $107.

Well, if they are all booked now & unavailable , I don't see how they go down in price!

I booked our room for 2/7/14 for a high price. but I keep checking every week for lower prices and the rooms are not available. All booked. Is this normal ?

Many here said prices should come down as it gets closer.

For this time of the year, it is possible. The price does go down if the hotel isn't full but..... That being said, ES has a great cancellation policy so it is possible that some will cancel prior to the date. It may be worth checking in case that happens and affects the hotel.

Well, if they are all booked now & unavailable , I don't see how they go down in price!

I agree. Like others have said is the height of their prime season. Lots of cruise ships are leaving over the weekend as well as other events that are planned for the Fort Lauderdale area.

If price is a concern and you would like to stay in the same approximate area, the Hyatt Place on 10th Street is right around the corner. They can be booked fairly reasonably through ValueTrips dot com.

Rachel

You can also check pricing using LMT. Not sure if you have registered as a member, because then you can see the names of all the hotels. Some people have also posted that if you use an ipad you will also see the names.

I booked our room for 2/7/14 for a high price. but I keep checking every week for lower prices and the rooms are not available. All booked. Is this normal ?

Doubt if price will go down. I tried to book Embassy Suites for 5 nights in January back in October and couldn't get a room. So I booked the Hilton at the Marina. Then I called TA and she was able to book us into the Embassy Suites for all 5 nights. Then I just cancelled the Hilton. Makes me wonder if they hold a number of rooms for TA bookings? (This has happened several times.)

I suggest that you call around or use a TA and when you get something you want that is better, just cancel what you have. A lot of times TA gets us lower rates than advertised. Already said, but you are in prime time, so rates will be high.

riclop- you got an amazing deal!

You can also check pricing using LMT. Not sure if you have registered as a member, because then you can see the names of all the hotels. Some people have also posted that if you use an ipad you will also see the names.[/quote

Thanks. What did u mean by LMT ?

Edited by Thebes

The Embassy Suites books up fast. If there's a big cruise group staying there that was booked by a TA or by a cruise line, forgot the price going down or there being any availability. Sometimes the only way I've been able to book there is because I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member.

Roz

The Embassy Suites books up fast. If there's a big cruise group staying there that was booked by a TA or by a cruise line, forgot the price going down or there being any availability. Sometimes the only way I've been able to book there is because I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member.

Roz

Sorry for the double post; didn't look like it went thru so I clicked post reply again.

Edited by Roz

Make a reservation. Then follow the rates and either rebook at that hotel or book another. It is early days yet. Unless there is a major show/event in town rates will come down. Check the day before, rates will sometimes come down.

When we have book at what seems like a high rate we will often not identify our reservation when we walk in (before the 6 pm cancellation time depending on the property). We go up to the desk and ask 'what is the best rate for today'. Sometimes that price is much lower than our reservation price. We take it, and then cancel the reservation at the higher rate. These walk in rates seldom appear on the hotel web site.

I did, and all I got was an airport city code, some Lockheed corporation stuff or a funk band out of niagara falls...:confused:

Keep in mind that it is a busy time of the year (as others have said) and that particular hotel is very popular with cruisers for several reasons. We would point out that there is a down side to the Embassy Suite in that the hotel does not provide free transfers from the airport or cruise port. There are actually quite a few other hotels in the same area that include free transfers.. If you look at the Cruise Critic board for "Ports of Call", "United States", "East Coast Departures" you will find a lot of discussion about various hotel options.

Hank

You are lucky to have a reservation. I have a complicated schedule in February for two cruises we are planning with a one-night layover between cruises. I need a total of three nights at ES (one before the first cruise, one between the cruises, and one after the second cruise). Right now they have no rooms for the first night I need. That screws up the whole parking thing. I've been watching for cancellations and will continue to do so. I want to make a decision this week. If parking is not something you need, you can probably find more value-priced accommodations in other areas of FLL.

Edited by Linda&Vern