Recent Collector's Voyage Cruisers Question

SparklingBlonde

For those of you that have recently taken a Collector's Voyage cruise - did you get any extra perks? We haven't taken a Collector's Voyage in two years, but the last time we did we were given a free dinner at the Pinnacle. I've read previous threads that said these perks can be different from voyage to voyage and ship to ship. Just wondering if you received anything similar as I am traveling on a Collector's voyage very, very soon.

On the Eurodam, a complimentary dinner at Canaletto, which was very good, and maybe a cocktail reception. Not sure if that was a perk or if it was a 2nd VIP party. We did receive a plate of candy, but that was in response to an issue we were experiencing.

Edited by rkacruiser

As there were 770+ people on our most recent Collectors (July), and that would provide some logistical issues to doing something like a cocktail party, I don't recall anything specific to being on the Collectors Cruise. Other than the over 20% price drop by changing it from a B2B to a Collectors.

On the Prinsendam (31 day collectors), there was a nice luncheon for those on the collectors' cruise. an extra bottle of wine in our cabin and a thank you note. No free Pinnacle Grill dinner which made sense since the PG was totally sold out within day 3 of the cruise!!

We have done quite a few Collectors Cruises since HAL started them.

The first time we get we had a private cocktail party for the repeaters.

After that -- nothing!! On one cruise we were told that there would be the Indonesian Lunch for us -- but after we got there -- we found out that the lunch was open to everyone on the ship.

We just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam -- we had 402 staying over for the 2nd week. There was a private cocktail party for all us. We did get a small plate of 3 chocolate candies and 1 chocolate covered strawberry.

Never have we gotten a free dinner.

It seems to me on our last collectors cruise there was a cocktail party and we received one special Mariners Tote Bag.

We leave in 12 days for our next collectors cruise I'll be certain to let y'all know what perks ( if any ) we receive.

We've had cocktails parties on some Collectors, a free Tamarind dinner on Nieuw Amsterdam, candies, some sort of lunch we didn't attend but on many Collectors we didn't have anything special that I recall.

We used to get the really nice Mariners Tote Bags. I'm so happy I got a good collection of them before they stopped giving them on the turnaround day.

No loss......

those blue ones they now give are not particularly appealing to me.

I won't use them.

I much prefer the earlier versions of the natural color cotton totes we got for years and especially the Mariners totes they no longer give.

I sewed velcro to the top of some of the cotton totes and they're great for many odd uses. I like the ability to close the top. :)

Edited by sail7seas

No more "special" Mariner's tote bag...just the cheesy new version. No more Indonesian luncheon. We had a cocktail party at the Lido Pool for all the people on the Collector's cruise. And that was it.

Edited by innlady1

For those of you that have recently taken a Collector's Voyage cruise - did you get any extra perks? We haven't taken a Collector's Voyage in two years, but the last time we did we were given a free dinner at the Pinnacle. I've read previous threads that said these perks can be different from voyage to voyage and ship to ship. Just wondering if you received anything similar as I am traveling on a Collector's voyage very, very soon.

We had a special reception in the crow's nest for sure. But we were also in a suite so we had extra events for that too, including special Pinnacle lunches so they are getting mixed up what was what on our last Collectors Cruise. More typically is the special CrowsNest reception from prior cruises as well. Hors d'oeuvres and drinks.

We did a Collectors Cruise on NA just recently, and received a Holland Tote Bag, a plate of snacks one night, and a reception hosted by the ships officers with an open bar for one hour and some great appetizers.

Which Nieuw Amsterdam cruise was this?

We are just home from a Collectors Cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the cocktail parties were only 1/2 hour. There were appetizers.

Which Nieuw Amsterdam cruise was this?

We are just home from a Collectors Cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the cocktail parties were only 1/2 hour. There were appetizers.

Welcome Home, KK!! Hope you has a seriously super time on the N. Amsterdam.

Lately we have found that the usual 45 minute party has been reduced to 30 minutes. Once again, it is on a ship by ship basis.

Thank you

We also have noticed that many of the cocktail parties have been cut back to 1/2 hour on many ships. The shortest one we had was on the Amsterdam in 2012 -- held at Noon for 15 minutes.

Our weather was not the best. Most days were cloudy and we had rain and some very high winds.

We missed HMC the first week. The winds were really bad. We had rains off and on for Grand Cayman and the winds were bad. Most days it was cloudy. The second segment we rocked and rolled for 1 1/2 days due to high winds.

Just came off a Veendam Collector's Cruise (last week) and there were really few extras. They did have a luncheon (don't you love when HA gives folks a free lunch) at the beginning of the 2nd segment, but it was just a normal lunch in the MDR with a single glass of cheap champagne/wine. We did get invited to a few cocktail parties (did not go to any of them) but we think that was more related to being 4 Star then the Collector's Cruise.

As to the 4 Star Cocktail Parties, they have now been reduced to 30 min....and our attitude was "why bother." Seems like HA's attitude is push you in...give you a free drink....and then everyone runs out. One might compare this to Celebrity where Elites get a free 2 hour cocktail party (or 3 free drink vouchers) every day of the cruise (except embarkation day).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Way to go HAL:D. I mean, why bother?

A lot of this variability of activities can be due to number or port days, sea days, departure times etc which vary immensely from cruise to cruise. As well as the actual numbers of passengers who would qualify for this perk which means consideration of available venues.

Just came off a Veendam Collector's Cruise (last week) and there were really few extras. They did have a luncheon (don't you love when HA gives folks a free lunch) at the beginning of the 2nd segment, but it was just a normal lunch in the MDR with a single glass of cheap champagne/wine. We did get invited to a few cocktail parties (did not go to any of them) but we think that was more related to being 4 Star then the Collector's Cruise.

As to the 4 Star Cocktail Parties, they have now been reduced to 30 min....and our attitude was "why bother." Seems like HA's attitude is push you in...give you a free drink....and then everyone runs out. One might compare this to Celebrity where Elites get a free 2 hour cocktail party (or 3 free drink vouchers) every day of the cruise (except embarkation day).

Hank

It is not a free lunch; it is a chance to meet and greet a selected group of fellow travelers over a shared table.

Again, refer to possible time block challenges on various itineraries when setting up other special passenger grouping perks.