Someone stop the madness! merge the Captains club threads

lais

It does seem to be getting a bit out of hand, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

But, we might need to be patient for a while. Host Andy is enjoying a well-deserved vacation cruise with his family. So, it looks like Host Walt is doing his best to hold down the fort, in these "interesting times". :eek:

Seems like a good day to stop and say "thank you" to all the hosts, mods, admins, and tech folks, here on CC -- who work hard to provide a place where we can all share our love of cruising. Happy Thanksgiving! :cool:

But, we might need to be patient for a while. Host Andy is enjoying a well-deserved vacation cruise with his family. So, it looks like Host Walt is doing his best to hold down the fort, in these "interesting times". :eek:

Seems like a good day to stop and say "thank you" to all the hosts, mods, admins, and tech folks, here on CC -- who work hard to provide a place where we can all share our love of cruising. Happy Thanksgiving! :cool:

True!! Andy is the best!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:):)

While some might think me one of the 'ranters' (is three posts a rant) I agree. Thank you CC and all who participate for everything you do through out the year. Happy Thanksgiving.

Perfectly stated!! Happy Thanksgiving.

Hey, all you whining, whingey, sooky people tripping over your bottom lips about the travesty of justice known as the All New Captain's Club. Yeah, you! Clearly none of you have mirrors because if you did you'd realise that you looked like this. Not a good look for adults.

Apologies to all those people who had their CC accounts hacked by toddlers throwing a tantrum who posted pointless wah-fests on the chat boards using their accounts. sa2ytemy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have the same problem on a football forum I participate in: posters who can't be bothered with the official pinned thread at the top of the forum because their opinion is worthy of its own thread. Attempts to redirect them to the pinned topic are met with snarky comments on how THEIR thread is different and deserves to be allowed to stay. Even worse, when the topic is locked they keep restarting it in defiance of the rules and in disrespect for other participants.

Get over it. It's what it is. Merge the threads and rant all you want on the one thread but stop clogging up the board with all of the ranting. Get over it.

Yes. Rather than tread those threads, I'll buy a drink.

I'm supportive of all opinions. Merging those threads would be easier to read on that topic, if I was looking for loyalty information. Have you wondered where to relax and buy a drink if you want to use a seapass and aren't a frequent cruiser?

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

We have the same problem on a football forum I participate in: posters who can't be bothered with the official pinned thread at the top of the forum because their opinion is worthy of its own thread. Attempts to redirect them to the pinned topic are met with snarky comments on how THEIR thread is different and deserves to be allowed to stay. Even worse, when the topic is locked they keep restarting it in defiance of the rules and in disrespect for other participants.

A few user bans would cure that.

Happy Thanksgiving.

While Andy is on a well deserved cruise, I do believe Host Walt is also

a moderator for this forum.

You could always email him and ask him to merge the threads. And today

is Thanksgiving so maybe tomorrow would be better.

Edited by Lois R

While Andy is on a well deserved cruise, I do believe Host Walt is also

a moderator for this forum.

You could always email him and ask him to merge the threads.

Lois, thank you, I was going to point that out as well.

I would also like to thank Host Walt for doing a great job always and especially now under these circumstances.

Thank you, Walt, for your hard work.

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving, Lois.

Hi Nancy, thanks and right back at you too:)....I think tomorrow

would be a better day for asking though...Maybe Walt would like to

spend time off the boards today;) and with his family.

A loyalty program and elite level for an airline is far more useful than a cruise line program. Obviously when flying, your elite level determines if you get upgraded to first or not. I am not going to get worked up over a free bag of laundry. I stick with Celebrity because of the people who work in Reservations and on the ships.

Celebrity Customer service is second to none! The ships are elegant and clean, the food is good. I can eat and drink all I wish for $2,000.00 pp for 10 days, The Captains Club is a nice amenity, but doesn't really mean that much to me. The Celebrity team will treat me equally as well whether I am a Classic, Select or Elite. So, yes folks, remember what means most to you on your cruise. Be thankful that Celebrity knows how to build an elegant and safe cruise ship, hire and train a crew who works very hard for you, and maintains a top notch hotel and food & beverage operation.

Be thankful for the Celebrity team and the majestic experience they provide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Lais, reading your subject line made me snort coffee out my nose. Painful, but worth the laugh. :)

Not concerned about the changes myself. I'm just thankful I can afford an annual winter cruise. Getting the heck out of western MA in January rocks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Kirsten

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Think about this for a minute. This is a thread to complain about people complaining. If you see a thread that doesn't interest you - just ignore it. Easy peasy. As for 'clogging' up the boards, come on now. It takes miniscule effort to scroll down to the next thread. There are people who are very frustrated because they were just-this-close to a higher level and now they are further away, there are people who are grateful for the perks provided but who had hoped the level over Elite would actually provide some real additional benefits and feel a bit letdown that it basically did not (for the record I am one of those), there are those for whom no benefit is enough, and there are those who think the new plan is great. If they want to talk about it, that is what these boards are all about. Just ignore the threads you are not interested in. Done and done.:)

Think about this for a minute. This is a thread to complain about people complaining. If you see a thread that doesn't interest you - just ignore it. Easy peasy. As for 'clogging' up the boards, come on now. It takes miniscule effort to scroll down to the next thread. There are people who are very frustrated because they were just-this-close to a higher level and now they are further away, there are people who are grateful for the perks provided but who had hoped the level over Elite would actually provide some real additional benefits and feel a bit letdown that it basically did not (for the record I am one of those), there are those for whom no benefit is enough, and there are those who think the new plan is great. If they want to talk about it, that is what these boards are all about. Just ignore the threads you are not interested in. Done and done.:)

So now we have your post complaining about a thread to complain about people complaining. :eek: :D Let's see, "If you see a thread..." :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I agree that the boards are all about discussing things that people need to talk about related to cruising and I understand some people are frustrated with the new program, I am not one of them. However several ongoing threads that are basically discussing the same topic is becoming a bit too much even if it takes no effort to scroll through them.

But as they say....This too shall pass. Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

Isn't it time to LOCK them all? I don't think that at this point, there is anything left unsaid, any opinion that has not been voiced. Perhaps these posters should channel their energies into a letter to Celebrity, the only entity that could really do something about it.