One category upgrade question

darsura

Do you have to call Celebrity directly or have your TA call to get the one category upgrade? I tried to make a reservation on-line and thought that since my CC# was entered, I would see the A1 cabin I was booking priced at the A2 price, but that was not the case. I know the website says restrictions apply, and I had added the code for the 123go promotion. Could it be that they are not combinable? Does anyone know how this works? Thanks.

I believe the CC one category upgrades only apply to insides and OV cabins. No balconies, Concierge, AQ, etc. EM

That seems to have changed with the new loyalty program. This is from the website: Members receive: "One category upgrade through AquaClass® (prior to sailing, when available, restrictions apply)."

Today we were told by a Captain's Club rep that it is within a catergory and only from the lowest level. We've booked three A1 cabins this weekend moving from A2 to A1 at no charge. You can move from a C3 to a C2 but not a C2 to a C1.

Regarding S2 to S1, we did not discuss.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Oville

Today we were told by a Captain's Club rep that is within a catergory and only from the lowest level. We've booked three A1 cabins this weekend moving from A2 to A1 at no charge. You can move to a C3 to a C2 but not a C2 to a C1.

Hope this helps.

Did you book these over the phone then? I was unable to do this on-line. Thanks.

Today we were told by a Captain's Club rep that it is within a catergory and only from the lowest level. We've booked three A1 cabins this weekend moving from A2 to A1 at no charge. You can move from a C3 to a C2 but not a C2 to a C1.

Hope this helps.

Yes, thank you. Do you know if it's only for new bookings, or can you upgrade an existing reservation?

That seems to have changed with the new loyalty program. This is from the website: Members receive: "One category upgrade through AquaClass® (prior to sailing, when available, restrictions apply)."

I saw that and emailed my online TA to see if I could get all my goodies from the Black friday sale and move up to a C2 from my C3.

Let everybody know. :o

I saw that and emailed my online TA to see if I could get all my goodies from the Black friday sale and move up to a C2 from my C3.

Let everybody know. :o

I can do it, but not for free, "The one category upgrade is not combinable with all your other offers" was the emailed from my TA.

I could however upgrade for $ 225.00 pp, which I declined. :(

Oh well

Edited by A Sixth?

Do you have to call Celebrity directly or have your TA call to get the one category upgrade? I tried to make a reservation on-line and thought that since my CC# was entered, I would see the A1 cabin I was booking priced at the A2 price, but that was not the case. I know the website says restrictions apply, and I had added the code for the 123go promotion. Could it be that they are not combinable? Does anyone know how this works? Thanks.

My Travel Agent did mine. I paid for a C3 and got a C2, it worked like a charm. I also got the 123 promotion.

I called Captain's Club this morning to switch from a 1A on 7th deck to 1A on 8th deck and she offered me the 1B price! Wasn't offered it when I made my reservation on the phone on the regular reservation (non-Captain's Club) line. I wasn't expecting it when I called to switch cabins, so it was a nice surprise!

I booked the summit for January 2015 several months ago. Today, my TA was able to get me my AQ1 for AQ2 price, add the beverage package and also get me the bonus points for booking. I might add that the price of this cruise did not fluctuate AT ALL since we began looking at it last summer. We are very happy with both Celebrity for allowing and our TA for asking for these adjustments! They have made already satisfied cruisers even more so!! :):):)

I booked the summit for January 2015 several months ago. Today, my TA was able to get me my AQ1 for AQ2 price, add the beverage package and also get me the bonus points for booking. I might add that the price of this cruise did not fluctuate AT ALL since we began looking at it last summer. We are very happy with both Celebrity for allowing and our TA for asking for these adjustments! They have made already satisfied cruisers even more so!! :):):)

So glad this has worked out for you and some others. I do have an existing reservation that I just emailed my TA about. Hope I will have some good news to share soon.

Hope this helps.

We booked our 2014 transatlantic through a national travel agency and got our Capts Club upgrade from C2 to C1 on the spot. We also used a Passages certificate for our $200 deposit and $300 on board credit (plus the agent's OBC.)

(123 promo not offered on transatlantic.)