Where did you end up after the Captain's Club Shuffle?

kelmac

What Captain's Club Category are you in?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. What Captain's Club Category are you in?

• I'm not a member of the Captain's Club
    • I'm in Preview
    • I'm in Classic
    • I'm in Select
    • I'm in Elite
    • I'm in Elite Plus
    • I'm in Zenith

We're 30 points from Elite+. It was an exact conversion with no bonus points. We will be Elite+ after our March cruise and, since we don't ever expect to reach Zenith, will be very happy with Elite+ for as long as we continue to cruise with Celebrity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jveevers View Post

I dont know because Celebrity website for Captains Club tells me no info is available. I was on 8 points, needing 1 more to be Elite. That 1 point I could have got by doing 1 more cruise in any cabin for any number of days

.I hope I can still reach Elite just as easy

The "old" Elite was 10 points so you were 2 cruises away from being Elite "in any cabin for any number of days".

Oh OK, I thought I was 1 (old point) away from Elite.

So does anyone know how many "new points" is equal to "8 old points"?

And how many more new points will I need to get Elite?

Thanks

Edited by jveevers

Quote:

Originally Posted by jveevers View Post

I dont know because Celebrity website for Captains Club tells me no info is available. I was on 8 points, needing 1 more to be Elite. That 1 point I could have got by doing 1 more cruise in any cabin for any number of days

.I hope I can still reach Elite just as easy

The "old" Elite was 10 points so you were 2 cruises away from being Elite "in any cabin for any number of days".

Oh OK, I thought I was 1 (old point) away from Elite.

So does anyone know how many "new points" is equal to "8 old points"?

And how many more new points will I need to get Elite?

Thanks

Under the old system you needed 2 "points". Two cruises in a balcony or lower category or any cruise in Concierge class or above would have done it.

If you had 8 "old points", you should have been converted to 240 plus a bonus of 25 points for a "new point" total of 265. Now a 7-day cruise in Concierge class or above would still take you to Elite. A 14-day cruise in a balcony cabin would also do the trick. You are pretty much in the same shape you were in under the old program as far as getting to Elite.

Edited by bob278

LOL!!!!! How could anyone NOT plan for it in the back of their minds. :p

Anyone reading the Celebrity cruise critic threads even a little over the last three years knew there was a change to the captains Club coming and that it would include a new "higher" level....

Speculation ran thick at what number of "points" it would kick in.... 25 was a popular choice which has proven correct. :)

I did exactly what you said.

Had 24 old points and just in case the cut off for the new level (if it ever came to be) would be 25 points as speculated, I took a NJ to Bermuda cruise in an Aqua stateroom in August. Enjoyed the cruise immensely!!

Voila! 26 old points and Elite + under the new system.

Lucky, huh?

Edited by Sail Girl

OH, BOO HOO!

After our upcoming. booked and paid in full 1 week before the change, and sails before 2014....746 points. So, do I feel for the ones who booked 3 days cruises to achieve Elite and fell short, NO! I earned my points the hard way. paid $50 to join, only did 7 - 12 day cruises, balcony, aqua and above, with the exception of 1990 Horixon port hole view.

Edited by 20pluscruises

We were Elite and are now Elite Plus. I'm fine with our new level. I did the math to get to the next level we need 1160 points. We do Concierge/Aqua Class so that's 232 days. We normally do 3 cruises a year. If we stay on that rate we will reach it in 7 years. Not to bad. But not a goal. Richard

Not sure I understand your question. If you had 7 credits prior to 11/25, that would have converted to 210 points under the new program. (Each credit was multiplied by 30.) If you had 8 points, you may have been given a 25 point "bonus".

If you are in a Concierge cabin on your next cruise, and it is 14 nights, you would each receive 5 points per night, which would give you a total of 70 points each for that cruise. That would leave you 20 points shy of being elite, unless you received the bonus points as mentioned above.

Not knowing your current total points, it is hard to say, but the above is one scenario.

If you go to the Celebrity website and click on Captain's Club, there is a section there that will explain how points are earned and how many are required for each level. If you sign in, it will also show you your current total points as well as your current level. Hope this helps!

Hi Beth, sorry I stated it wrong, we have 180 points & 2 14 nt cruises coming up which should give me 140 at end of second cruise, total 320. What my question is, do you get points any other way except the 14 nt points?

Thanks!

For me the new program will actually allow us to get to Elite faster than under the old program. We are only Classic at the moment but our Feb. Eclipse Cruise in an S1 will put us nicely into Select range. Just booked a 5 night on Connie under the 1,2,3 Go in a Celebrity Suite - and that along with the 25 Bonus Points gets us to Elite for our Panama Canal Cruise. Under the old system we would have needed 3 pts to get to Elite before the P.C. cruise and I could not have fit in a long cruise. So for everyone that thinks the new program has slowed the rise to the higher levels - just not true for all of us. We will reach Elite with 5 cruises or 35 days sailed :p

I have no aspiration to get to Elite + but if we take 1 long cruise per year in a suite - it won't take very long. Zenith - even though we are late 50s will never happen as we like our land based vacations.

I'm glad the new system is in place just for the sake of getting it over after hearing the rumors for what seemed like forever. I feel for those that got the short end of the stick (after final payment cruises that would have gotten them to the next level). Now I hope we can all just get on with what we love to do - cruise.

I'm Elite but was Elite by virtue of the fact that I'm D+ on Royal. However, I'm interested to find out what my points will be having just got back from a 17 night cruise which started before the new points system commenced. Under the old system our cruise would have given us 10 credits, so 300 under the new system and Elite in our own right. However, since the system changed whilst we were onboard I'm not sure whether our 17 nights will be converted under the old or the new :confused:

40 total individuals according to our calculations.

Can you please explain your "calculations"?

Just over a year ago I was told 35 individuals by the head of the Captains Club. Recently I did hear there were 100 from the top cruiser in the fleet.

By your calculations how many have over 4500 points (150 credits under the old system)?

How many points do you have now?

Edited by TommyD3

The results are as expected. The majority of participants are at Elite level or above already, so the changes didn't have an adverse effect on most participants.

Hence why the discussion in threads mostly progressed the way it did! :)

The results are as expected. The majority of participants are at Elite level or above already, so the changes didn't have an adverse effect on most participants.

Hence why the discussion in threads mostly progressed the way it did! :)

Exactly. NO ONE lost any current CC status. How far you were or are from the next level is really irrelevant. If you were at least Elite, you are now at least Elite under the new system.

The program is FREE . if one is not happy with the FREE benefits, they can certainly opt out. I don't see many passengers forgoing benefits. Programs change all the time. It might take more miles for a free air ticket then when you signed up for an airline program. I just received a card from a major hotel chain informing me that my hotel points will expire if i don't stay at that chain with a specific time period. As far as I know, cruise points/credits remain intact forever. This is a nice perk for those who only cruise every few years.

M

We were Elite with 21 credits, so we are still Elite with 630 points. We have a B2B2B booked for next October/November. The bummer is we are in Aqua for the 3 cruises, but the first 2 are each 11 nights. That will give us 630+110=740, just 10 short of Elite + for the TA. Well, I think I will just cancel them all. Dang that mean Celebrity. Oh wait, I like Celebrity. Never mind.

Cancel one of them, rebook it and pick up the 25 pt. bonus....

Cancel one of them, rebook it and pick up the 25 pt. bonus....

Have a word with the Captains Club regarding the cancellation and re-booking options - They may understand the theory and to save any additional administration the Club could give you the 10 or 25 points - Give it a try and post the outcome of your telephone call as it may assist other CC members.;):D

Hi Beth, sorry I stated it wrong, we have 180 points & 2 14 nt cruises coming up which should give me 140 at end of second cruise, total 320. What my question is, do you get points any other way except the 14 nt points?

Thanks!

No problem! ;) The only way to earn points, under the new program, is by # of nights and type of cabin. Naturally, the more you go up in class, the higher the number of points. :)

As far as "getting points any other way"...........Currently, CC members can also earn 25 bonus points if you make a new booking between 11/29 and 12/31. I'm sure they will run these "specials" from time to time. Other than that, I'm not aware of any other way to earn extra points.

Enjoy your cruises and have fun while getting to the next level!

For us we need the winning MegaMillions ticket also.

We were Elite are now Elite+ and light years away from Zenith.

I am Elite too, however hardly ever use the benefits. What i don't understand is anyone who becomes Zenith must be rich enough not to worry about any perks lol. Carol