Feedback from Elite plus and Zenith members

travelberlin

Maybe Cruisenut can tell us his experience as Zenith member?

While on board we received a letter from Michael Bayley outlining the new benefits before the general announcement was made. We were invited for a drink by Marlene, the CC host, in Cellar Masters and were met by the Captain, HD, and the bar manager for an official welcome to the Zenith level. I have heard form another "Z" who had a similar welcome on the bridge.

Our sailing started on November 24th, a day before the announcement and therefore we received none of the benefits. The computer program for printing CC levels did not allow for Zenith label to be applied on a non-black card so we were identified as "Elite" on our key card. Of course we would have liked to have the perks, especially internet and the beverage package for the duration of the voyage, but we managed to enjoy the voyage anyways, :D (a look at temperatures at home reminded us why we were on board).

Other Zs who have recently returned have received a pin and luggage tags and a letter of thanks from Captains Club for being frequent passengers. North of the border the special package has not arrived.

No one onboard Constellation who was identified as now being Elite Plus received the new perks even though we heard that several members complained more than once.

After 145 sailings on Celebrity ships, we are very happy with the new program and will find it very difficult to look elsewhere except for a very special itinerary.

While on board we received a letter from Michael Bayley outlining the new benefits before the general announcement was made. We were invited for a drink by Marlene, the CC host, in Cellar Masters and were met by the Captain, HD, and the bar manager for an official welcome to the Zenith level. I have heard form another "Z" who had a similar welcome on the bridge.

Our sailing started on November 24th, a day before the announcement and therefore we received none of the benefits. The computer program for printing CC levels did not allow for Zenith label to be applied on a non-black card so we were identified as "Elite" on our key card. Of course we would have liked to have the perks, especially internet and the beverage package for the duration of the voyage, but we managed to enjoy the voyage anyways, :D (a look at temperatures at home reminded us why we were on board).

Other Zs who have recently returned have received a pin and luggage tags and a letter of thanks from Captains Club for being frequent passengers. North of the border the special package has not arrived.

No one onboard Constellation who was identified as now being Elite Plus received the new perks even though we heard that several members complained more than once.

After 145 sailings on Celebrity ships, we are very happy with the new program and will find it very difficult to look elsewhere except for a very special itinerary.

Congratulations. Good for you. I imagine you are anxious for you next cruise.

I am just curious if you used the new revised point system on your sailing history would you have enough points to be Zenith? I would think that it would be even more of a select group for those just starting with Celebrity.

You have certainly earned the status/benefits. You obvious enjoy Celebrity with 145 cruises and you are most loyal not only to Celebrity, but cruising in general. Enjoy.

Just off Summit. Being Elite Plus was very much like being Elite, except with more Internet minutes and laundry items. Much more than we could use in 7 nights.

The specialty dining coupon was no use to us because we bought the Ultimate dining package, and the coupon is only for single dinners.

I am just curious if you used the new revised point system on your sailing history would you have enough points to be Zenith? I would think that it would be even more of a select group for those just starting with Celebrity.

I have not applied the new counting system but the point count would be much lower. However we are now at double Zenith+ and getting there has been very rewarding.

Presently we are sailing on the Silhouette enjoying the new Zenith benefits:)

We are extremely pleased. If I had made a wish list I could not have come up better ideas. Celebrity rocks and will always have our loyalty

It's amazing how some people believe one has to be rich to cruise often. It merely requires dedication and planning wisely. Cruisenut is also a cruising teacher (retired) ;)

Please pass on our greetings to a fellow Zenith cruiser on board with you.

The specialty dining coupon was no use to us because we bought the Ultimate dining package, and the coupon is only for single dinners.

With regard to "dining coupon" are you referring to the new Elite Plus perk of 15% price reduction to dine in the specialties? Also, is the coupon one-time use per voyage, or good for 15% off each time you visit?

With regard to "dining coupon" are you referring to the new Elite Plus perk of 15% price reduction to dine in the specialties? Also, is the coupon one-time use per voyage, or good for 15% off each time you visit?

Been on many X cruises and have received at least a 30% discount and if you went more than once to the same SR, we received a 50% discount. This had nothing to do with being Elite or any other level. This was this year on the Silly and Solstice.

Been on many X cruises and have received at least a 30% discount and if you went more than once to the same SR, we received a 50% discount. This had nothing to do with being Elite or any other level. This was this year on the Silly and Solstice.

Thanks, we've had the same experience with the specialty restaurants on past cruises regarding discounts and return visits. Just looking to clarify whether the 15% reduction for Elite Plus is one time or unlimited on a single voyage.

It's amazing how some people believe one has to be rich to cruise often. It merely requires dedication and planning wisely. Cruisenut is also a cruising teacher (retired) ;)

Please pass on our greetings to a fellow Zenith cruiser on board with you.

Will do:) We have been cruising 10 years and retired 9 years. Look forward to seeing you and Joanne in the new Michael's Club.

Thanks, we've had the same experience with the specialty restaurants on past cruises regarding discounts and return visits. Just looking to clarify whether the 15% reduction for Elite Plus is one time or unlimited on a single voyage.

Fully understand your posting. Was just trying to let people know that they can get a % discount without the Elite+ level.

If you started cruising 10 years ago and have already made it to zenith level, how often do you cruise? Doing the math, 145 cruises divided by 10 years is 14+ cruises per year. Do you ever stay home? Retired teachers pensions are certainly not enough to pay for 14 cruises a year. I am a retired teacher. Did you will the lottery? Even if you wait for a deal, 145 cruises costs a lot of money.

If you started cruising 10 years ago and have already made it to zenith level, how often do you cruise? Doing the math, 145 cruises divided by 10 years is 14+ cruises per year.

Why do you say 145 cruises? If they are Zenith, it means they were at 100+ points. With the previous system, it means 35-50 cruises if they were taking CC class or up and some long cruises (12 nights or more). That means 4 or 5 per year; with some b2b, it's quite feasible.

If you started cruising 10 years ago and have already made it to zenith level, how often do you cruise? Doing the math, 145 cruises divided by 10 years is 14+ cruises per year. Do you ever stay home? Retired teachers pensions are certainly not enough to pay for 14 cruises a year. I am a retired teacher. Did you will the lottery? Even if you wait for a deal, 145 cruises costs a lot of money.

Actually, if just starting out under the "New & Improved :rolleyes:" system it will take be more like

215 seven day cruises inInterior or OV or 143 in a balcony cabin. :eek::eek::eek:

I'll never make it on an education salary and I'm still working. :(

Edited by A Sixth?

I'll never make it on an education salary and I'm still working. :(

It's what you do with your salary prior to retiring that will determine future obsessions. Delayed gratification has its own rewards. :D

It's what you do with your salary prior to retiring that will determine future obsessions. Delayed gratification has its own rewards. :D

Life tends to dictate what one does with a small salary far more than any future obsession. :p (at least at our house and most people we know)

But even mortals will dare to dream and maybe even try. :)

Edited by A Sixth?

I am very glad Arno that you and Joanne are happy with the Zenith perks. I am not sure if we will able to make it up to that level. We will be Elite plus after our next cruise. I understand that as Elite plus, we will continue attending the Elite social event. I hope you guys come to visit once in a while at the Elite social event so we can enjoy your company....

I definitely agree with you. We watched many travel at will when we remained at home and did what was necessary for our later years. We may not match you in the number or cruises but are able to cruise a good bit each year and also take a couple of extended road trips. Life is about choices.

My children are currently on the Constellation experiencing the Zenith benefits.

All Zenith passengers have a black seapass card that says "Zenith" in large letter regardless of the cabin category booked.

They have not implemented the VIP Michaels Club yet - supposed to happen in January.

They have the complementary 1600 minute internet package. It is a coupon just like the 90 minute Elite coupon. Makes it much easier to communicate with us. Helps with the SLOW internet - took 17 minutes to email one 4 MB picture:(

They have the complementary premium alcoholic beverage package. The TA had to "purchase" it prior to the cruise even though it was free. We have never had a beverage package before and they LOVE it:) Makes it so much easier even just getting Evian water.

The have complimentary Bulgari shampoo, conditioner and soap.

They have unlimited complementary laundry, dry cleaning and pressing. Just send it out and it is free:)

They now honor the high cruiser at the Captains toast on the first formal night instead of at the Captains Club celebration.

We have over 80 Celebrity cruises and currently sail at least 10 times per year on Celebrity.

We are VERY HAPPY with the new benefits.

It is now virtually impossible for us to sail on another line. The Zenith benefits are worth more than they paid for the cruise:)

If anyone has any specific questions please ask, they are onboard for two weeks.