Blu

pmcue

Hi,

Unless something has changed recently, suites do have access to Blu on a space available basis. I was on Infinity in mid-September and was in a Sky Suite and had most of our breakfasts and all of our dinners there. The key is not going at peak times or you might have to wait for a table, as first preference is given to those guests in Aqua-class. I hope this helps. Happy sailing!

Regards,

Dean

Yes – suite passengers do have Blu privileges. In fact, many nights while chatting with others waiting in line, we learned that those waiting along with us were often from suites. ( we were in AQ). I don’t see how it is space available for suites (as I read it is ) as in most every case, the suite passengers ( who were in line in front of AQ passengers) were seated and the AQ passenger (us) had to wait for an available table.

Based on recent experience it is for suite and AQ and everyone is treated as equal when it comes to seating. We went to Blu at 8:15 every night and had a wait most nights. Perhaps suite passengers are enjoying the benefits more than when the accommodation to allow suites was made.

M

Yes – suite passengers do have Blu privileges. In fact, many nights while chatting with others waiting in line, we learned that those waiting along with us were often from suites. ( we were in AQ). I don’t see how it is space available for suites (as I read it is ) as in most every case, the suite passengers ( who were in line in front of AQ passengers) were seated and the AQ passenger (us) had to wait for an available table.

Based on recent experience it is for suite and AQ and everyone is treated as equal when it comes to seating. We went to Blu at 8:15 every night and had a wait most nights. Perhaps suite passengers are enjoying the benefits more than when the accommodation to allow suites was made.

M

This has been my experience recently, as well. I think that is why it has become more crowded in Blu and the service has gone downhill. It has also gotten harder to get in to the Persian Garden, so the benefits of AQ are gradually diminishing IMHO.

Suites, no. Aqua class suites, yes.

This has not been my experience. Sky Suites and higher are able to dine in Blu on a space available basis. Suite passengers may or may not be charged the $5.00 surcharge. It seems that on a number of sailings suite passengers are not billed for the surcharge.

Definitely suites. A night or two we ate with a couple sailing in a suite- not aqua suite. I do not know if they were charged. They were given a ticket to sign, but they also had cocktails with dinner, so I don't know if the ticket was just for the drinks, or dining fee.

Blu was crowded every night, or at least at the time we went (8:15).

M

This has not been my experience. Sky Suites and higher are able to dine in Blu on a space available basis. Suite passengers may or may not be charged the $5.00 surcharge. It seems that on a number of sailings suite passengers are not billed for the surcharge.

This is starting to remind me of cabin upgrade on a space available basis, eh?

Suites, no. Aqua class suites, yes.

Hi, unless something changed recently? Suites have always had

access to Blu on a space availability basis. Originally they were

charged 5.00 per person but that even changed to no charge.

From my understanding Blu is 1st come 1st served, that you can't make reservations. Anyone know different? Richard

you are correct. Our last TA we had three couples, all in Blu and I tried to reserve a large table for us at dinner. They refused to take any reservation and seated us like everyone else. If a table for 6 was available we got it...or we split up. Seemed unfriendly and unhelpful since we were all in aqua class, but that's the way they wanted to do it on the Infinity. Turned out not to be a problem, perhaps because I had alterted him that we normally eat around 7ish so perhaps he tried to hold a large table for us...who knows.

you are correct. Our last TA we had three couples, all in Blu and I tried to reserve a large table for us at dinner. They refused to take any reservation and seated us like everyone else. If a table for 6 was available we got it...or we split up. Seemed unfriendly and unhelpful since we were all in aqua class, but that's the way they wanted to do it on the Infinity. Turned out not to be a problem, perhaps because I had alterted him that we normally eat around 7ish so perhaps he tried to hold a large table for us...who knows.

Because of the first come, first served policy, does that mean suite guests are no longer subject to the "space available" (not to mention $5 fee) restriction? Our only experience with Blu was back in 2010 when we were in a suite and tried to dine a few evenings in Blu. A couple of nights they were able to accommodate us, but one night they weren't. Just wondering if is still the case, or can we be assured to dine in Blu on our next cruise (also in a suite) as long as we're willing to wait for an open table?

From my understanding Blu is 1st come 1st served, that you can't make reservations. Anyone know different? Richard

Just came off the Eclipse (yesterday) where we were in an Aqua Class cabin and dined at Blu for 13 of 14 nights. There are no reservations in Blu, although the hostess did try to accommodate many of us who wanted specific waiters and/or tables. We met several suite passengers who seemed to have no problem getting seated in Blu. But since we eat at a later time (usually between 8 and 8:30) we do not know if the suite folks had problems getting seated during the very busy earlier times.

Hank

We sailed on Reflection last summer in an Aqua Class Suite. We dined in Blu and did not pay a supplement. We also dine later usually between 8.00pm and 8.30pm, blu was always busy but never had to wait more than a few minutes.

Hi, unless something changed recently? Suites have always had

access to Blu on a space availability basis. Originally they were

charged 5.00 per person but that even changed to no charge.

Just off Silhouette. Was in a Suite and they charged the $5.00 for Blu. Tried to tell the new Maître 'd the policy, but he wouldn't budge. I didn't make an issue about it. In AQ for the TA and found the quality in Blu to be less than I have experienced in the past. There was a new and inexperienced team and that might have been part of the problem. Lots of complaints about the Maître 'd and the overall quality. Will be back in February and hopefully all will be improved.

• 3 months later...

On the Eclipse over Christmas. Our server told us what was on the menu for the next night before we left. Loved having the same servers (and table) most nights, can't ever remember waiting, but we eat early. Even if we couldn't get the same server, they came and stopped by our table to say hi. Love Blu.