Do you come on these boards if you don't plan on booking a cruise?

moesyk4

I stop by CC daily when we are actively planning a cruise or even looking...we are leaving for our next cruise in two weeks and I realized I will miss coming on here as I try not to come on unless there's a chance we can go. We can only afford to go every 2 years or so and so it'll be awhile :(. Do you come on all the time or only while you are booking?

My participation has had its ebbs and flows over the last 12 years..... I find I participate more as my cruise approaches and right afterwards.

Then I slow down and pick it up again as I plan.

I think planning and talking to everyone is half the fun!

Catrin

:o Gosh, seems we always have a cruise booked and planning another so CC is helpful.

No matter how many times we've cruised, things change frequently so keeping up with the latest is important.

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

I tend to read more leading up to seriously considering booking. From the booking to the leading up to booking I browse. A month to go and I'm reading everything I can get my hands on - then I tend to taper off to just keep up with the big cruise news.

We do go on vacations that are not cruise related (crazy, I know), so it tends to go in huge spurts, as you can see from my posting history!

17 days to go - so spending a lot of time here! :)

Well, I've been unemployed for the past 3 years and my husband has rudely told me that we can't go on a cruise until I'm employed. WHATEVER! :rolleyes: I mean, what a jerk! Just because we have no money I don't see how that should effect me planning a cruise. I mean... some people!

So, yes, I come on hear to live vicariously through others and to offer any information and help I can give from previous cruise experiences. It gives me something to look forward to.

I'm on here, or I read the C.C. homepage & news letter pretty much every day. I try to stay informed with what's going on in cruising. I tend to skip over the repetitive posts regarding the usual topics: smoking, chair hogs, what to wear or not wear in the MDR, tipping, and rum runners. Before booking a cruise and selecting our cabin, I try to gather as much information as I can about the ship we're considering. Same goes for shore excursions. By gathering as much information as possible and planning ahead of time, I've found that it makes for a much more relaxing and enjoyable cruise.:)

I usually have 1 or 2 cruises booked and keep a casual eye on the boards throughout the year, but at about 45 days out I start reading the boards several times a day. I keep up on the latest cruises news and learn new tips. I like getting on board armed with any new info or tips that will add to our cruise. My DH doesn't read the boards, so the research is up to me. I also join the roll calls and see who will be on board, and have discovered old cruise friends we'll see again, and meet some new ones!

For me, the next best thing to cruising is talking about cruising.

This is the first time in over 20 years we have not had a cruise booked but we likely will very soon.

CC is my 'hobby'. :D

Edited by sail7seas

It's the "social" atmosphere, being able to talk with others about cruising. I also get ideas about things for future cruises, places to visit on even land vacations, restaurants to visit, new gadgets to consider… I also like to give back and tell of places I've visited, etc… Just because I don't cruise all the time does not mean I'm not interested in travel-related forums ;)