Elite Breakfast Question

themutis

We enjoy eggs for breakfast, so will likely order room service in our cabin.... but, will I be able to go to the Elite Breakfast and get DH a plate of Salmon/Bagels.

Are we allowed to bring food from the Elite Breakfast back to our cabins or are we required to eat it there (same goes for Lattes)

Thanks

We enjoy eggs for breakfast, so will likely order room service in our cabin.... but, will I be able to go to the Elite Breakfast and get DH a plate of Salmon/Bagels.

Are we allowed to bring food from the Elite Breakfast back to our cabins or are we required to eat it there (same goes for Lattes)

Thanks

Nope, there is a guard at the gate. Can't take food, lattes, or bloody marys out. Only for consumption in the lounge.

If DH wants his salmon/bagels, get his butt out of bed before 10am. :rolleyes::D:D

You may not remove food to go from the Elite Breakfast.

Wow - Thanks everyone for your quick replies!

We'll have an early breakfast on our balcony, then head over for a nice coffee and some lox (as we are in a standard balcony room this time, I don't believe we can get lox.... if I am wrong, someone please let me know :)

Thanks!

Yes they should have what you want at room service or at the buffet. You just cant remove food or drink from the breakfast or evening event 5-7pm. Richard

actually you can because the "guard" leaves promptly when the event leaves...stay another 10 minutes and you can take whatever you still have.

We learned this by accident at the cocktail hour when we were engrossed in conversation.

actually you can because the "guard" leaves promptly when the event leaves...stay another 10 minutes and you can take whatever you still have.

We learned this by accident at the cocktail hour when we were engrossed in conversation.

Yes, but if she waited until 10:10, DH may suffer from miss-meal colic. :rolleyes: :)

We'll have an early breakfast on our balcony, then head over for a nice coffee and some lox (as we are in a standard balcony room this time, I don't believe we can get lox.... if I am wrong, someone please let me know :)

Well, you can get smoked salmon with the room service breakfast.

I do not know whether or not it is technically considered to be lox as there are several different kinds of smoked salmon.

There is HEAPS of smoked salmon every day in the buffet!!! And way better 'bagels' too. The ones in the elite lounge are about the size of a silver dollar and impossible to eat properly. Your husband will be in hog heaven.

We usually just order coffee and maybe a mini-croissant to be delivered when we wake up, then head up to the buffet for lox and bagels. They also have nicely done eggs cooked to order and they are hot, better than the ones you get in room service which by definition cannot possibly be as freshly cooked.

The smoked salmon from room service looked and tasted like the same kind that was at the buffet, so if you are ordering room service anyway there would be no need to go up to the buffet for smoked salmon.

Now if you want waffles, that is a different matter entirely. :D

If smoked salmon is not on the room service menu for your cabin level, then just write it in and you will more than likely get it. I always write in Eggs Benedict and always get them and the same with fat free yogurt and a bowl of berries.

If you want to take some food items back to your cabin for breakfast, it just makes more sense to go to the Lido buffet, which has a much larger selection then you will find in the Elite continental breakfast spread, and take whatever your please. You could also just order more items from room service (as has been posted).

Regarding Eggs Benedict (I love this dish) it is not something we would ever order from room service because this item is best enjoyed when it is fresh and hot. By the time Eggs Benedict is plated and delivered to a cabin it is usually cool and congealed. In fact, I have learned to only order Omelets or scrambled eggs for cabin delivery since those items do not have to be steaming hot.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Thanks!

Agree with all the other posters. If its bagels and lox you want, I suggest the Oceanview. The bagels at the Elite breakfast are small, and not so good. Full size and better bagels are upstairs.

On all of our cruises (the most recent being the Eclipse last month) they have had plenty of lox and cream cheese in the Elite breakfasts. As somebody posted, the bagels are miniature bagels (about half size) which actually suits me fine since they are nice and fresh. So I can sit in the Tuscan Grill (where they usually have the Elite breakfast), sip my fresh squeezed OJ, enjoy my cappuccino, and munch on bagels and lox while enjoying the fabulous aft view from that room. And then add a spicy Bloody Mary and what could be better?

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

On all of our cruises (the most recent being the Eclipse last month) they have had plenty of lox and cream cheese in the Elite breakfasts. As somebody posted, the bagels are miniature bagels (about half size) which actually suits me fine since they are nice and fresh. So I can sit in the Tuscan Grill (where they usually have the Elite breakfast), sip my fresh squeezed OJ, enjoy my cappuccino, and munch on bagels and lox while enjoying the fabulous aft view from that room. And then add a spicy Bloody Mary and what could be better?

Hank

Yes, but you've got to get out of bed before 10:00am to enjoy those nice little treats. :rolleyes:

Hank

Oh the ones we had weren't half sized, they were about a bite and a half. I felt ridiculous trying to cut it in half to put the cream cheese and lox on and just gave up. Actually never went back to Elite breakfast. . .after all those nights at the Martini Bar, alcohol in the AM was the last thing I wanted!