Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I was under the impression that Navigator was going to San Juan. Interesting.

San Juan has 2 ships in the winter. It looks like Adventure will stay and Jewel will leave, and Navigator will move from Galveston.

http://www.caribbeanbusiness.pr/prnt_ed/tourism-set-for-modest-growth-this-year-9467.html

"In May 2015, Royal Caribbean is scheduled to replace the Jewel of the Seas—which currently carries out weekly trips, with San Juan as its homeport—with a bigger ship, the Navigator of the Seas."

Still hoping Liberty or Independence will move to Galveston, since Freedom is staying in Port Canaveral.

Edited by mconthehighseas

San Juan has 2 ships in the winter. It looks like Adventure will stay and Jewel will leave, and Navigator will move from Galveston.

[.

Jewel returns to San Juan in October 2015 following the Alaska season.

I don't think everything in this article is true unless Navigator will goto PC

Navigator might stay in Galveston and Liberty might go to New Orleans. They are making there port bigger for a bigger Carnival ship

Navigator might stay in Galveston and Liberty might go to New Orleans. They are making there port bigger for a bigger Carnival ship

New Orleans does not sell as well as Galveston. The larger ship is more likely to go to Galveston vs. New Orleans.

New Orleans does not sell as well as Galveston. The larger ship is more likely to go to Galveston vs. New Orleans.

I don't think RC will be return to NOLA unless they move Brilliance there, since Tampa will likely get Vision again. I can't imagine Tampa needing 2 ships.

I don't think RC will be return to NOLA unless they move Brilliance there, since Tampa will likely get Vision again. I can't imagine Tampa needing 2 ships.

Agree, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped NOLA. It was just like the West Coast, people jump up and down for a ship and then when they have a ship they don't buy resulting in deep discounting.

Agree, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped NOLA. It was just like the West Coast, people jump up and down for a ship and then when they have a ship they don't buy resulting in deep discounting.

Well! If this comes true, it's a good thing we're sailing from NOLA on the Serenade in Jan!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Which sucks because its such a fantastic port to sail out of.

The Ports schedule for some ports are having us believe Explorer is off to Asia and Australia in October 2015.

BUT

When Voyager and Mariner were deployed to Asia both ships were modified to suit the Asian region in retailing, bars etc. I find it is strange that Royal would be sending Explorer to the Asian region in 2016 which will make 2 of the 3 Voyager upgrades in Asia in 2016. The Asian region is like the Bermuda Triangle for Royal Ships from May - September with a rare few not being charters. Surely Royal would want to keep one more of these ships in the USA market.

Option 1

Explorer does Alaska 2016 after Australia summer season 15/16.

Option 2

Liberty of the Seas is sent to Asia/ Australia May 2015 instead of Explorer. Independence takes over at Galveston November 2015.

Mariner CD Gordon Watman stated several times (including at a CC meet and mingle) that the Explorer will be joining Mariner in Asia in the near future. He did not mention if that also included Australia

I'd put almost no faith in the word of a CD. Crew reports are almost never correct as it seems from cruisecritic. Even captains give mistaken information about ship deployments.

It could be that the plan was to deploy Explorer to Asia at some point, but all of that could have changed. It could be Adventure or another ship. Who knows.

Jewel returns to San Juan after Alaska, West Coast and Panama.

She already offers a Panama cruise from Los Angeles to San Juan in October.

IMHO Adventure sails year-round from San Juan and Navigator will go somewhere else.

IMHO those options are possible:

a) Staying in Galveston

b) Moving to New Orleans

c) New Europe deployment??

d) Port Canaveral

Asia and Down Under are pretty unlikely for her, I think, as already Mariner and Voyager sail there and Legend will be the third ship for Asia/Australia.

And during the winter period, also Radiance should be deployed in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by celebrity_fan

I'd put almost no faith in the word of a CD. Crew reports are almost never correct as it seems from cruisecritic. Even captains give mistaken information about ship deployments.

It could be that the plan was to deploy Explorer to Asia at some point, but all of that could have changed. It could be Adventure or another ship. Who knows.

Yes I agree but have had a number of senior officers including captain saying explorer is coming to aus

Have also heard runout that one ship possibly legend will be full time Australia

Let's see

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal Caribbean announced today that Explorer will be based in Southampton in 2015 and Adventure will move to Puerto Rico. This was a change of plans.

Yes I agree but have had a number of senior officers including captain saying explorer is coming to aus

Have also heard runout that one ship possibly legend will be full time Australia

Let's see

Sent from my iPhone using Forums