Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Maybe one of those two, implied that Majesty really leaves the fleet in 2016 - there I would assume it could be Adventure, which is less refurbished than Navigator...

But maybe also one of the Vision-Class-ships could take over Majesty's place... we will see.

I doubt that because they have a lower passenger capacity then Majesty. The 3/4 day runs attract a lot of people.

PC needs one of this Voyagers with a flowrider to be the second one week itinerary

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Maybe Adventure will be based at Port Canaveral, if she really leaves San Juan.

She might sail from there either year-round or during the winter period.

OK, or maybe RCI deploys Navigator out of Pt. Canaveral...

I think that the terrible weather Oasis had in Rotterdam and Southampton and on her recent TA proves that she is not the ship for this northern climate. Perhaps she could go in the Med but again weather is not guaranteed.

For ME, it won't be any problem if Oasis, Allure and Oasis III stayed in Florida and Caribbean.

I do not really see the need for such a ship in Europe.

The Mediterranean ports are so appealing and it's a shame that the route becomes a secondary or even more unimprotant aspect due to such a floating resort.

OK, it is great to sail great itineraries with great, innovative ships - but IMHO, it would be perfect as it was the years before: Liberty (or another Freddom-Class-ship) on the 7 night Med run.

Also, if another ship sailed the Med itinerary from Barcelona, Villefranche (Nice) could be visited again - a port the Oasis Class ships cannot enter due to the requiring of tendering...

I just got off of Navigator out of Galveston....and one of the bartenders told me that Allure would be in Galveston after her drydock...yes just a rumor and I will believe it when I see it

I cannot imagine how long Galveston disembarkation would take with over 6000 guests coming off Allure!:eek: It was bad enough with Navigator's 3500 guests.

Edited by clarea

I just got off of Navigator out of Galveston....and one of the bartenders told me that Allure would be in Galveston after her drydock...yes just a rumor and I will believe it when I see it

LOL hilarious. Thanks for sharing -- bartenders starting ridiculous rumors always bring a smile to my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

LOL hilarious. Thanks for sharing -- bartenders starting ridiculous rumors always bring a smile to my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I bet he heard that from his friend on a Celebrity ship, who heard it from her friend that may or may not be working on the Allure. :rolleyes::p

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Would be great if she came back - but it would be a huge effort to redeploy her from Asia... :( so sadly, this is not very likely, IMHO... :(

We would gladly trade the Mariner and the legend for One of your Oasis Class ships here in Singapore or probably Australia.

I personally don't fancy the Quantum here even though it is the newest ship would prefer the Oasis or Allure.

The Oasis class have done a transatlantic to Europe, so now its time for Asia.:)

Such a huge ship for Galveston - must have been a joke... :D

Only thing I can imagine that Oasis or Allure move to Pt. Canaveral... but surely Liberty should be based in Galveston...

But I would love to see a Freedom Class ship in Europe in 2016...

Went on the RCCL site and looked for a cruise in December 2015 out of Galveston. Came up with 4 cruises all on the Liberty....

Magic in Galveston is Carnivals # 1 ship in fleet,

And Triumph is #3.

If Carnival is having three ships in Galveston!

RCL is certainly having one of larger ships there also.

Also RCL's contract with options for next 11 years provides for possibility of two ships.

And With the expansion in size and other improvements of terminal #2 starting next week...

to be finished by May 2015,

And the feasibility study for a #3 terminal,

And with the depth and width of channel sufficient to handle the larger ships,

And port being on the Gulf if Mexico,

Who knows what's in store for Galveston?

Edited by ssb

The Oasis class have done a transatlantic to Europe, so now its time for Asia.:)

I wouldn't hold your breath, because you would not only have to consider where she would homeport and visit when she gets there (are there ports big enough?), but how would she get there.

Oasis will never get through the Panama Canal, and she might be too wide for the Suez canal (not sure what/where the max beam of 50m lies). If neither is possible, then this would require traveling around one of the capes of South America or Africa, making for not only a long trip, but also questions the ports that she would visit along the way (are they big enough and desirable enough).

So my guess is that it is extremely unlikely that we will see an Oasis class ship in the Pacific, but after the Panama Canal widening is complete, we may well see another Q class.

In the future, if RCCL is to compete in Texas and Central US,

and compete with Carnival with three ships out of Galveston,

RCCL will need to keep up with the program and offerings.

Liberty was first decision.

Houston soon will be the third largest city in US,

and in very close approximate area,

has San Antonio, Austin, Dallas and Ft Worth

among the largest list of cities in US.

All of which are easy drives to Southeast Texas

and also from rest of Texas and Mid West US.

Also Houston soon will have major improvements completed

to both international airports.

The industry recognizes the market with ship's

sailing pretty much full from

Houston Cruise Port and Galveston Cruise Port.

NCL

Princess

Carnival

RCCL

Edited by ssb

Oasis of the Seas changes days at St Maarten from a fortnight Wednesday visit up until April 2016 to a fortnight Thursday visit from June 2016.

Freedom changes from a Thursday fortnight visit to a fortnight Sunday visit in the same period.

Some odd bookings occur April - June 2016 for both ships in between.

Oasis or Oasis 3 from Port Canaveral?

And what would the itinerary be?

This is part of the reason I don't think they will add an Oasis class ship to Port Canaveral, as it wouldn't really add a different itinerary (which of the two others do you "compete" with). And moving Oasis to PC, adds to the fuel costs for that ship should it remain in the existing itinerary. The only advantage of moving one is that Oasis and Allure can depart on the same day (Sunday departures carry a higher price tag).

I could see another Oasis class in the Caribbean should San Juan and the southern ports expand to hold this class, but I am expecting that when O3 comes out, one of the three is going to be in the Mediterranean.

I wouldn't hold your breath, because you would not only have to consider where she would homeport and visit when she gets there (are there ports big enough?), but how would she get there.

Oasis will never get through the Panama Canal, and she might be too wide for the Suez canal (not sure what/where the max beam of 50m lies). If neither is possible, then this would require traveling around one of the capes of South America or Africa, making for not only a long trip, but also questions the ports that she would visit along the way (are they big enough and desirable enough).

So my guess is that it is extremely unlikely that we will see an Oasis class ship in the Pacific, but after the Panama Canal widening is complete, we may well see another Q class.

China does want to build second canal across Central America.

Edited by ssb

And what would the itinerary be?

This is part of the reason I don't think they will add an Oasis class ship to Port Canaveral, as it wouldn't really add a different itinerary (which of the two others do you "compete" with). And moving Oasis to PC, adds to the fuel costs for that ship should it remain in the existing itinerary. The only advantage of moving one is that Oasis and Allure can depart on the same day (Sunday departures carry a higher price tag).

I could see another Oasis class in the Caribbean should San Juan and the southern ports expand to hold this class, but I am expecting that when O3 comes out, one of the three is going to be in the Mediterranean.

They need to utilize this new 50 million terminal. Pretty sure it was designed for this type of ship. Don't discount the lure of Orlando. Lots of vacations incorporate a theme park visit along with a cruise.

I pray they NEVER bring a ship larger than Voyager class to San Juan. What would be the point? These are PORT INTENSIVE cruises. People pay the money to fly to San Juan in order to visit many and varied ports of call.

Edited by printingchick

Oasis of the Seas changes days at St Maarten from a fortnight Wednesday visit up until April 2016 to a fortnight Thursday visit from June 2016.

Freedom changes from a Thursday fortnight visit to a fortnight Sunday visit in the same period.

Some odd bookings occur April - June 2016 for both ships in between.

good to know

They need to utilize this new 50 million terminal. Pretty sure it was designed for this type of ship. Don't discount the lure of Orlando. Lots of vacations incorporate a theme park visit along with a cruise.

I talked to an official at Port C's Port Authority a few weeks ago and he said that the terminal and garage are being built to accommodate ships that hold between 4,000 and 6,000 + passengers. They are also dredging so it would not be surprising if they homeport an Oasis class in Port C sometime in the next few years.

I just read on another thread that Majesty has a short dry dock scheduled for the middle of January. Someone on board heard that they are planning to add a movie screen on the pool deck, new carpets, and replace Boleros with an R Bar.

If that is true, Majesty may be staying in the fleet a little longer than many of us had expected…

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I just read on another thread that Majesty has a short dry dock scheduled for the middle of January. Someone on board heard that they are planning to add a movie screen on the pool deck, new carpets, and add an R Bar.

If that is true, Majesty may be staying in the fleet a little longer than many of us had expected…

I believe I read that they are converting Boleros into the R Bar on Majesty. Her Majesty is a very profitable ship in the fleet for the company. With Pullmantr not ready to take on another ship (as they did with Monarch from Royal), Her Majesty can remain in the fleet a little longer and with a few enhancements get a breath of fresh air and more enjoyment by cruisers.

The expression that was used by a senior executive that I had met socially was that Her Majesty is a cash cow for the corporation. Spending a few dollars to 'doll her up' a little is a good short term investment. No matter what they need to do normal maintenance and facelifing (new carpeting, small refurbishments) on every ship.

Edited by Paulette3028