Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I cannot imagine that there might be any (significant) changes regarding the itineraries - Freedom shall be able to dock at all ports that Adventure could access as well.

Freedom already called even at Oranjestad and Willemstad - and even Quantum otS is able to call at the ports in Southern Caribbean, so Freedom could dock there without any doubt...

I think the idea behind a previous poster talking about a Freedom class here is they might add a sea day just to keep the money on board and skip one port. Freedom's current 7 day offerings have 2 sea days on all itineraries I think. I really did like the 5 port itineraries of Jewel.

I think the idea behind a previous poster talking about a Freedom class here is they might add a sea day just to keep the money on board and skip one port. Freedom's current 7 day offerings have 2 sea days on all itineraries I think. I really did like the 5 port itineraries of Jewel.

Good point.

Freedom has 3 sea days on her PC Eastern with one call at RCI owned destination, Coco Cay.

Freedom has 2 sea days on her PC Western with one call at RCI owned destination, Labadee, and one call at the RCI joint venture port of Falmouth.

Taking a ship of that size on a port intensive itinerary would most likely reduce revenue.

I am still trying to think of a way the scheduled Freedom Sunday calls at St. Maarten fit with the every other week Grand Cayman calls scheduled or if one of them just needs to be wrong.

Yeah, currently Freedom's seven day itineraries have 2-3 sea days - but because they are leaving from Florida and geographically it is not possible to call at more than 4 ports - when sailing from San Juan, 5 ports are possible to visit.

Bear in mind: When Liberty sailed from Barcelona on the 7 night Med itinerary, she also called at 5 ports and just had one day at sea.

So the itineraries with its sea days are dependent by geographical factors... :)

And: With Adventure they did do the same, calling at 5 ports when sailing from SJU - and Freedom is just a stretched version of Adventure...

Yeah, currently Freedom's seven day itineraries have 2-3 sea days - but because they are leaving from Florida and geographically it is not possible to call at more than 4 ports - when sailing from San Juan, 5 ports are possible to visit.

Bear in mind: When Liberty sailed from Barcelona on the 7 night Med itinerary, she also called at 5 ports and just had one day at sea.

So the itineraries with its sea days are dependent by geographical factors... :)

And: With Adventure they did do the same, calling at 5 ports when sailing from SJU - and Freedom is just a stretched version of Adventure...

Well, I always approach this as if anything is possible.

I have sailed on Liberty several times in Europe and one of the things I love is how many passengers leave the ship on RCI shore excursions, leaving the ship to me and a couple hundred passengers that have visited these ports often.

I have no idea if island shore excursion sales equal that of extended European sales on a port intensive sailing.

My last Liberty sailing had 5 major groups onboard on corporate incentive trips and these were extremely high revenue for RCI. I am not sure how this market is out of San Juan.

So, for me, comparing a port intensive European itinerary with a port intensive Caribbean sailing is difficult. It might well be the case that revenue is very good on these southern Caribbean sailings, I just do not know.

Well, I always approach this as if anything is possible.

I have sailed on Liberty several times in Europe and one of the things I love is how many passengers leave the ship on RCI shore excursions, leaving the ship to me and a couple hundred passengers that have visited these ports often.

I have no idea if island shore excursion sales equal that of extended European sales on a port intensive sailing.

My last Liberty sailing had 5 major groups onboard on corporate incentive trips and these were extremely high revenue for RCI. I am not sure how this market is out of San Juan.

So, for me, comparing a port intensive European itinerary with a port intensive Caribbean sailing is difficult. It might well be the case that revenue is very good on these southern Caribbean sailings, I just do not know.

Good point - but I think the major "revenue makers" are still sailings starting from Florida to St. Maarten, St. Thomas etc - the standard ports...

That might be the reason why it is possible that RCI plans to deploy an Oasis Class vessel out of PC to push the onboard revenue.

I could imagine RCI intends to swap Adventure by Freedom out of SJU, just because those port intensive cruises are getiing more popular.

I cannot imagine that there might be any (significant) changes regarding the itineraries - Freedom shall be able to dock at all ports that Adventure could access as well.

Freedom already called even at Oranjestad and Willemstad - and even Quantum otS is able to call at the ports in Southern Caribbean, so Freedom could dock there without any doubt...

When did Freedom called at Curacao & Aruba?

Liberty is due to call at Willemstad in Nov 2015, when repositioning from Cape Liberty to Galveston, so that port can handle Freedom Class as well as Oranjestad and others in Southern Caribbean.

On top of that similarly sized ships with even more passengers call regularly at ABC islans - e. g. Royal Princess... :)

Would be great if Freedom sailed out of San Juan soon... :)

Liberty is due to call at Willemstad in Nov 2015, when repositioning from Cape Liberty to Galveston, so that port can handle Freedom Class as well as Oranjestad and others in Southern Caribbean.

On top of that similarly sized ships with even more passengers call regularly at ABC islans - e. g. Royal Princess... :)

Would be great if Freedom sailed out of San Juan soon... :)

For the most part, ports that handle a Voyager class ship can likely handle a Freedom class ship, as the biggest difference (from the port's viewpoint) is the length - ~100 feet longer.

The ports that couldn't meet this would be those with tight turnaround bay's or already limited pier space.

For the most part, ports that handle a Voyager class ship can likely handle a Freedom class ship, as the biggest difference (from the port's viewpoint) is the length - ~100 feet longer.

The ports that couldn't meet this would be those with tight turnaround bay's or already limited pier space.

That's right, but I do not know whether tight turnaround space are affecting ports in Southern Caribbean. :)

All ports Quantum/Anthem could access of course Freedom can access as well.

But I truly hope Freedom will also call at St. Lucia, IMHO most interesting port of call there... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tickets are now on sale for a Country Music Charter 13 - 21 November 2016 Legend of the Seas South Pacific from here in Brisbane. Australia.

So Legend in Brisbane must be the first confirmed deployment for the 16/17 season.

Rhapsody has done these charters last few year.

2015 Radiance of the Seas.

So it appears Radiance leaving Oz in 2016 must be true.

Tickets are now on sale for a Country Music Charter 13 - 21 November 2016 Legend of the Seas South Pacific from here in Brisbane. Australia.

So Legend in Brisbane must be the first confirmed deployment for the 16/17 season.

That makes sense since Legend is headed to Asia this spring

I like that their early booking discount for the country cruise is up until February 28, 2015, probably prior to RCI even releasing deployment for 2016 at this point.

Edited by MADflyer

Hey John&Lala. You're probably a year late to this party... Springaussie is Australian and has known about the Legend in Brisbaine for at least a year already.

Whatever, I was just commenting that if Legend is going East this spring, it made sense that it would be there in 2016 as well. They can keep it for all I care. ;)

Hey springaussie,

Did you notice that the two "extra" Royal ships (were they Oasis and Navigator?) have disappeared from the Marina Bay port schedule drop down list?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Confirms Legend but doesn't mean Radiance must be leaving.

Some members of my family were on Radiance last week and of course I asked them hunt around for deployment information. They couldn't find any tangible evidence that Radiance is leaving Australia. Of course this doesn't mean anything either way. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk