Bye-bye Love Boat

time4u2go

I am sure that without the "Love Boat" I never would have stepped aboard my first cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas... With a tear... a final Hail and Farewell to the beautiful lady, Pacific Princess

Sad to see her that way!:( I remember while growing up, the Love Boat episodes and always wanting to be fortunate enough to go on a cruise! Everytime I go on a cruise now, I think we all live out a little of the Love Boat fantasy! Watch out for the kissing bandit!!!!:D

My parents last cruise before my mom died was on the Fairsky just before Princess acquired her, and our first cruise on the Sky Princess was shortly after she changed hands. To see two elegant old dames of the sea side-by-side in such an undignified ending is just sad:(

Edited by orville99

Wow, lots of good memories with that ship from the 70's and 80's. I probably would have never been interested in cruising had it not been for Captain Stubing and Doc, and so on. What a great memory. I'm glad she is being laid to rest in a yard rather than sinking.

RIP Pacific Princess,

:(

Edited by Esmerelda

My first cruise was on the Sun Princess and they played the TV show 24x7 on 1 of the channels.

The show is on TV every Sunday at 2pm ct and I watch it every week. Just another way to get my cruise fix for the day!

I can't believe that it is on TV... Ok... I'll ask... WHAT CHANNEL? My cable has 900 channels (or so)... I need to find it!!!

"Love, exciting and new. Come aboard, we're expecting you".

Who can hear that and not think of exotic ports of call, balmy sea breezes, Captain Stubing, Julie, Doc, Isaac and Gopher?

Glad I grew up with that in my life. It made my first cruise 22 years ago so special and exciting. I actually felt I was ON the Love Boat :)

Iv'e never had the pleasure in sailing on her, but I grew up watching the Love Boat and I actually own the first 3 seasons on dvd, so to me she is also an old friend. I am not one that would prefer to have her sunked, since these ships are bilt with the hope that they never sink, I do not want her under water. Good Bye Old Girl :(