Possible new dining option for suite guests

Bababooey Land

Thanks, you summed it up pretty good. I don't why people get so upset when they think some is going to get some thing more than them, even if that person pays more. Give the suite guests their restaurant and do away with Bistro on Five, the times we have been there, we were the only ones there and it was uncomfortable with the staff standing around watching you eat. I know I will get flamed but the food for me sucks.

Either do I, and this is coming from someone who normally only books interior cabins. Personally I think RCCL and X need to up the perks they offer to suite guests. Compared to the Haven on NCL, Grills on Cunard, Yacht Club on MSC, X needs to offer something to those who want to pay for it. If bistro on 5 isn't used in the evenings, put it to use. Who said they can't still offer the crepes in the Ocean View?

We have been fortunate enough to enjoy the suite life in NCL, RCCL, Disney Cruise line and Celebrity. NCL knows how to treat their suite guests. One of our favorite perks was having breakfast and lunch in Cagney's. For those of you unfamiliar with NCL, Cagney's is a specialty restaurant available to everyone for dinner, and is used only by suite guests for breakfast and lunch, even on embarkation day. I think that having a dining room for breakfast and lunch for suite guests would be a great perk, but it doesn't mean that they have to take away Bistro on 5. Why can't they use Muranos or Qsine for that purpose? :confused::confused:

We really enjoy Bistro on Five and eat there several times a cruise, so we'd be disappointed if it was removed. Definitely a great value for a good meal.

I'm also a little concerned that it would become even more difficult to get good times at the specialty restaurants with the load from suite passengers. Even when we were on a B2B and were the first to book our meals onboard for the week, on only one night out of seven were we able to get our preferred dining time of 7pm- every other day we had to eat at 6:30. In fact, one night we had to change our plan of which restaurant to attend because no bookings were available before 8pm and that doesn't suit us. On the 7 night and shorter cruises especially it can be tough to get a reservation at a reasonable time.

On the other hand, I can't see what's wrong with the idea of offering suite breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants. It's not taking anything away from "regular" passengers but it's definitely offering a plus for their suite guests.

we tried Bistro on our last cruise and we loved it. If more guests gave it a try then they would eat less in the buffet. (Sh! Don't tell). The food was delicious, clean, plenty, wait staff were very cordial. We also ate there on one of the formal nights because we were late making reservations that night in Select Dining. We will be very disappointed if they close that venue. Are there that many suites that they want their own dining room? Hope Bistro is still open when we cruise this May and in Oct.

Although we enjoyed the Bistro, I'd love to see it converted into a dedicated restaurant for suite guests, mainly to get them out of Blu, our first time in Blu, the restaurant was quiet & peaceful each night, this last time, it was always full, mainly because of suite passengers.... breakfast was especially crowded, I'd like to go back to the concept of Blu for AQ only, it's devalued when you add in all the suite people.

We have been fortunate enough to enjoy the suite life in NCL, RCCL, Disney Cruise line and Celebrity. NCL knows how to treat their suite guests. One of our favorite perks was having breakfast and lunch in Cagney's. For those of you unfamiliar with NCL, Cagney's is a specialty restaurant available to everyone for dinner, and is used only by suite guests for breakfast and lunch, even on embarkation day. I think that having a dining room for breakfast and lunch for suite guests would be a great perk, but it doesn't mean that they have to take away Bistro on 5. Why can't they use Muranos or Qsine for that purpose? :confused::confused:

we like this idea plus the idea of going to different restaurants at night if we choose.

to enhance the suite life on celebrity, it would be nice for suite guests who want beer, drinks etc delivered to their cabin with the premium drink package. This would be a great perk.

also would love to be able to dine in the cabin and order off any of the menu's...MDR plus specialty restaurants. that would be fabulous. :D:D

lastly, i would love it if suite guests could send in requests prior to sailing. Maybe a standardized list of items. For example, would love to be able to ask that the fridge be emptied and filled with beer, wine, perrier etc...especially if have the prem drink package. send in requests for canapes in afternoon prior to arriving...that would be nice too.

we have sailed in SS and recently had our first CS and LOVED IT!!! :D

Edited by H2OH!

I would miss Bistro on 5 so hope that's not correct, I notice there's no mention of it in the survey. With option two couldn't they offer breakfast and lunch for suite guests in Murano (I too suspect this won't include sky suites) then Bistro can stay and they can better utilise Murano in the day time, with suite guests having the option to choose to eat dinner in any restaurant. This way no one loses out :)

Although we enjoyed the Bistro, I'd love to see it converted into a dedicated restaurant for suite guests, mainly to get them out of Blu, our first time in Blu, the restaurant was quiet & peaceful each night, this last time, it was always full, mainly because of suite passengers.... breakfast was especially crowded, I'd like to go back to the concept of Blu for AQ only, it's devalued when you add in all the suite people.

Having been in a suite twice and eaten in Blu every night, I have to agree with you. We've always eaten at 8:30 or later with others in our group who were in AQ, so it was never really a problem with the overcrowding.

We cruise for destination and will probably never experience a suite. I have no problem with suite guests getting extra perks - they have paid extra after all. When on board, we have never felt like second class citizens, even on the occasions when we are in an inside cabin. If we were not aware that Blu was for Aqua class guests we would never notice it among the other specialty restaurants. At present the MDR suits our needs, but if it is further devalued we may reconsider our options, but not to the extent of booking a suite.

Sheila

Its good marketing

Put the word exclusive on a restaurant and people will line up no matter what they serve. Probably be the same food they serve at Bistro on 5 now just with higher prices. Great idea on Celebrity's part

We were told when it goes to dry dock it apparently will only take a couple of weeks. Apparently even thoughBistro on Five is used the first day of the cruise it is not busy the rest of the time. The Suite's restaurant is going to be tested on the Equinox first, before they roll it out if they do.

When is Equinox scheduled for dry dock? That would tell us when this change will happen. If it requires a dry dock to make the change it will be MANY years before it rolls thru the fleet.

I received the survey today and voted for the option of unlimited specialty restaurant visits for dinner. I would definitely be incentivized to book a suite with that benefit:)

When is Equinox scheduled for dry dock? That would tell us when this change will happen. If it requires a dry dock to make the change it will be MANY years before it rolls thru the fleet.

I received the survey today and voted for the option of unlimited specialty restaurant visits for dinner. I would definitely be incentivized to book a suite with that benefit:)

She goes into dry dock after her transatlantic in April 2014 (which ends on the 27th) and returns for her next cruise on 8th May.

Edited by DebbieMacG

Having been in a suite twice and eaten in Blu every night, I have to agree with you. We've always eaten at 8:30 or later with others in our group who were in AQ, so it was never really a problem with the overcrowding.

We eat early, & it was packed, we still enjoyed good service, with the exception of the first night, & one later on in the cruise... the difference was that it was just not as quiet & relaxed with that many people, we like a lively bar & lounge, & a very quiet dining room.

As a suite guest, I would be quite happy to have free access to specialty restaurants for dinner and perhaps breakfast/lunch in an existing specialty spot. No need to take Bistro on 5 away from the many who clearly appreciate it.

Edited by nihaobao

Suite guests will be able to retreat to an area that is theirs, Aqua has theirs and everyone else will have theirs. Probably will free up space for select patrons and be able to handle Blu walk ins. Many suite people pay the higher price for more personal space, and privacy. Perks are nice and I am sure the more the better. Probably will entice more folk to move up to a suite if the perks are special. It did for Aqua class! Why not for suites????? I would give up the laundry and internet specials for a quiet private dining area. IMO the MDR could use a lot less people, so one more restaurant would be a win, win for all.:rolleyes:

Our first cruise was in Conceirge Class but, since then, we have always booked suites [CS, RS & PH]. However, we have never wanted to sail on Cunard because of their system of tying dining room to room category. We preferred being able to choose where we ate. But since 2009, we have only eaten in the specialty restaurants - effectively restricting ourselves. Now, although we prefer the space, service and ambiance, the specialty restaurants menus have lost their charm. We have really enjoyed Bistro on 5 but the restaurant is very underused and we find that we always eat in there less than we expect.

The suggestion of changing Bistro on 5 to a restaurant for suite guests sounds like a wonderful idea for us. I am assuming that the restaurant would have a different menu each day like Blu and the MDR. The one thing we enjoyed on Norwegian was the restaurant reserved for suites for breakfast and lunch. The breakfast there was excellent.

I appreciate that removing Bistro would upset some people but, if a venue is as little used as it has been, can they really expect Celebrity to continue staffing it?

There must be many suite guests, like us, who have started to feel jaded with cruising - specialty dining menus becoming tired, the poor conversion of old Captain's Club points to new for those with a history of long cruises in higher-end suites, the provision of a restuarant for Aqua Class but not suites, complimentary water for Aqua Class but not suites, etc. It would be nice to see Celebrity doing something to make them feel a little more welcome.

I really hope this is not the case, and I am happy to see others share my view by comparing the change to Cunard. I opt not to stay in suites because I dump my bags and head out. I am of the opinion that the extra cost for the suite is for the suite, special attention, and butler among other things and should not extend to the restaurants. I am very happy to pay more for specialty restaurants, special dinners, wine events, spa treatments, and similar experiences but fail to see why I should pay more for a room that I will not be in to get access to these things. I am guessing that Celebrity sees as much money from my husband and I when you add in restaurant, event, spa, and drinks charges as it does for suite passengers. I specifically stay away from Cunard because I will not pay $11k for an awesome room just so I can dine in a specific restaurant. I can pay (and have paid) $1k for what I am sure is a better meal in any city and head back to my standard room at Hyatt or Marriott. I like the concept of paying for what you get. You pay more for a room, and you get more of a room. You pay more for food choices, and you get more food choices. I just don't get paying more for a room so I can get to a specific restaurant. As for Bistro on Five, I love it and will hate to see it go away. I don't mind that it isn't busy because it ensures the staff are available to top up my wine. Don't tell Celebrity, but I would pay more than $5.

Hi We recently did our first cruise with Princess in the med as a suite guests.If it had not been for the concierge lounge and breakfast in Sabatinis I most likely would have given cruising the flick.We are happy to pay a premium for a suite so we can have our own space for timeout and always selected our own time for dining and never shared a table as this does not appeal to us .

We where not completely sure that we would take another cruise as the product we utilised for our first cruise was not really our style ,we have taken a leap of faith and have booked a Celebrity cruise in the Carribean as the more refined product presentation displayed by Celebrity enticed us .

It will be interesting to see if this converts to reality ,I can only say that suites suit us as we are a couple with an older teenage son and we enjoy the space .The addition or allocation of a dinng area and ideally and concierge lounge ( although this is really covered by butler service) is a great incentative for us.

We really hope Celebrity is the cruise product for us and are really looking forward to checking out the Eclipse and meeting new people

Kind Regards

Tony

If Bistro on Five is under utilized then maybe the menu or the theme of the restaurant needs to be changed so that more diners eat there. Breakfasts can be standard fare but lunch and dinner could have a Greek Taverna or Bavarian Garden theme serving various ethnic foods for example. I have found it interesting that Celebrity with Greek ship officers does not serve greek food more often. Price it $5.00 for lunch and $10.00 for dinner.

These posts are very insightful it is true that people get jaded with menus particularly repeat travelllers utilsing the same product as a future suite passenger I would be happy to utilise an existing area and perhaps the Bistro on Five could be developed into a more appealing area for all passengers if I could name a perk I would like Celebrity to adopt for suite passengers free laundry would be top of the list.

I remember reading a post on CC about how cruiselines have not really adopted targeted marketing to passenger preferences ie food ,drink ,entertainment like land based hotels have for example you go to Dubai or Los Vegas etc etc as a repeat customer you get personalised service and amenities based on what you have utilised previously.

I suggest they look at the specialities menu before they hack out a resource I really like - or expand bistro on 5 menu and make it free for suite guests but open to all

We do go in suites or Aquaclass, we recognise the limitations if we always dine in specialities. That's why, just as we do not go to our favourite land based hotel all the time or to our favourite local restaurant we like to ring the changes on board as well.

One thing that has always appealed to us on Celebrity was that it was classless, there was no them and us ( and I say that having been a them and an us). Please X do not change this,

I think those that have stated here that Sky Suites would not be part of this new perk are wrong. There are nowhere near enough CS, RS and PH to support this kind of change, so I suspect all Suites would be included.

Still don't like the idea of taking over Bistro on 5 for this "perk"....:rolleyes:

I just got a survey from Celebrity regarding a new dining option they are considering for suite guests...Sounds like they are thinking about rolling out one of these two concepts below. I will try to copy and paste what I think are the important parts of the survey. so this might be a long read!!

Celebrity Cruises is exploring new restaurant dining choices for Suite guests. To help us with this task, we are inviting a select group of previous Celebrity Suite guests like you to participate in a brief survey. Your feedback will help Celebrity make your onboard experience as enjoyable as possible.

New Suites Dining Experience

Enjoy private dining in your own restaurant—reserved exclusively for Suite guests.

Introducing a new dining experience for suite guests. We’ve added even more luxury to the suite life on board by providing suite guests with a dedicated restaurant to enjoy morning, noon, and night. All three meals will feature unique menus that offer sumptuous dishes not available anywhere else on the ship.

Of course, suite guests have the flexibility to dine anywhere they like. A European-style butler is available for in-suite dining service for times when guests want a more intimate dining experience. Suite guests can choose to dine in the main restaurant whenever they like. And, for a nominal fee, any of our specialty restaurants—including Qsine®, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest, Lawn Club Grill, and more—are available for even more varied dining experience.

Providing our suite guests their own dedicated dining experience is just one more way we’re making living the suite life on board even sweeter.

How APPEALING are the following elements of this restaurant dining concept from Celebrity?

- A European-style butler for in-suite dining

- A dedicated restaurant for suite guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner

- Dining in the main restaurant

- Entrance to any specialty restaurant for a nominal fee

-----On the following page, you will see a description of a second new restaurant dining concept that Celebrity Cruises is considering offering guests who stay in a Suite.

Please review the description thoroughly since you will be asked to compare it with the concept you saw earlier.

New Suites Dining Experience

Dining in your own restaurant during the day—reserved exclusively for Suite guests—and complimentary dining in any restaurant at night.

Introducing a new dining experience for suite guests. We’ve added even more luxury to the suite life on board by providing suite guests a dedicated restaurant to enjoy for breakfast and lunch. These meals will feature unique menus that offer sumptuous dishes not available anywhere else on the ship.

Then at night, suite guests will enjoy the flexibility to dine anywhere they choose. They’ll enjoy complimentary entrance to any of our specialty restaurants—including Qsine®, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest, Lawn Club Grill, and more. A European-style butler is available for in-suite dining service for evenings when guests want a more intimate experience. And of course, whenever they choose, suite guests can choose to dine in the main restaurant, which offers a new set of delicious menu options every evening.

Providing our suite guests their own dedicated dining experience during the day and complete dining flexibility in the evening is just one more way we’re making living the suite life on board even sweeter.

Would this include sky suites ? Any idea when it would happen fleetwide? We have a few future cruises booked and with one exception, only one sky suite?