Rooms booked next to each other, do not want!

Murdock03

So my wife and I booked our cruise early Feb. My Parents decided to join us and joined using a different method 2 weeks ago. They were guarnteed rooms, and we just got our assignments. The rooms are right next to each other!! This is not ok, its our 2nd anniversary...

i tried to get our stateroom switched, but the cruise is totally booked. Has anyone ever had a successful room number switch after something like that? And seriously, what are the odds of that happening?

The company that booked the cruise, found it quite comical, and tried to help, but was unable. Any insight?

I have to admit, I laughed a little, too. But seriously? Exercise some discretion. Anything you wouldn't want your parents/inlaws to hear . . . no one else wants to hear, either.

Ditto! :):)

LOL, I probably shouldn't laugh too hard because one never knows when they may be in the same predicament. If you booked with a TA you are likely out of luck dealing directly with Celebrity. Upon check in I would ask to see if there is anything that can be done. There may be someone else that needs to switch rooms for a variety of reasons so it could be worth a shot.

I do completely agree with you; its the idea of knowing they're right next door which posses the problem.

Good Luck! And hey, at the end of the day a day on a cruise ship sure beats a day at work even if your parents are right next door.

When's your cruise? Keep checking for other staterooms in your category to come available as people cancel, upgrade, and move around. If one comes available, you can switch, or maybe even upgrade and pay a little more if a higher category becomes available.

What are the chances of that :D

I had the opposite, would have liked rooms together with my sister and even asked to downgrade from the aft but no joy

Just try to forget about everyone else when you get in your cabin

Have a great cruise

I'm curious to know if your in-laws feel the same way. If not, then making a big deal about it may only make matters worse....

They dont know we are next to each other yet, and if it cannot be switched prior, then I wont bring it up at check in.

They dont know we are next to each other yet, and if it cannot be switched prior, then I wont bring it up at check in.

Did one of you link your reservations, say possibly to be assigned the same table at dinner? This may have led the assignment team to think it would be helpful to you to place the rooms next to each other. You or your TA should make a formal request for a room change if one becomes available. People in guarantees frequently call to see what other rooms are available in an effort land in a preferred location of the ship. You can also regularly check an online site that shows all available open rooms so you'll know if/when a room becomes available. Rooms sometimes open and then are booked relatively quickly, so you need to stay on top of this when the ship is full. Good luck!

Perhaps you can start to drop ideas on your parents like:

1) I know it's strange sometimes we both scream when sleeping...hope it doesn't bother the folks in the next room.

2) Your wife has some neck pain and sometimes moans loudly....but you hope the pills will control it so it doesn't bother the folks in the next room.

3) My wife occasionally has a form of Tourette syndrome where she yells out "more, more" and similar phrases.....

and so on

Then act really surprised to find that they are in the next cabin.

So my wife and I booked our cruise early Feb. My Parents decided to join us and joined using a different method 2 weeks ago. They were guarnteed rooms, and we just got our assignments. The rooms are right next to each other!! This is not ok, its our 2nd anniversary...

Guess it's too late now huh?

But I would have told my parents this is just our 2nd anniversary and we prefer this trip to romantically celebrate together. :cool:

Tje last time we went with friends on a cruise we had cabins next to each other. They wanted to have the balcony partition between them open. The agreement was if there was a tme that we wanted privacy we would close the door. That didn't work, and because of that we rarely used the balcony.

It was also very awkward with them next or us as we were afraid that they may hear us talking about some stuff that we didn't want others to know or just hear us period.

If we ever go with another couple we will not get adjoining cabins, but I doubt that we will ever travel with anyone.

I feel for you. Hopefully you can get away from them.

🍸🍻

When is your cruise? Are you in a category that is already sold out? Can you upgrade to a slightly higher category?

We have never heard anything through the walls. Seems to be good soundproofing. I have read on the boards, that this only seems to be a problem if you have connecting cabins on the M class ships.

Enjoy your anniversary.

When is your cruise? Are you in a category that is already sold out? Can you upgrade to a slightly higher category?

The ship was completely sold out as of last night, so there was no where to go, we considered paying more :)

i tried to get our stateroom switched, but the cruise is totally booked. Has anyone ever had a successful room number switch after something like that? And seriously, what are the odds of that happening?

The company that booked the cruise, found it quite comical, and tried to help, but was unable. Any insight?

Just pray that they don't ask for the balcony partition to be opened if you are in a balcony cabin :eek:

The ship was completely sold out as of last night, so there was no where to go, we considered paying more :)

I love my in-laws; they're wonderful. I have cruised with them a couple times and had a wonderful time. Still, I would hate to be in your position.

Sorry.

You'll just have to make the best of it (and turn up the television REALLY loud).

Perhaps you can start to drop ideas on your parents like:

1) I know it's strange sometimes we both scream when sleeping...hope it doesn't bother the folks in the next room.

2) Your wife has some neck pain and sometimes moans loudly....but you hope the pills will control it so it doesn't bother the folks in the next room.

3) My wife occasionally has a form of Tourette syndrome where she yells out "more, more" and similar phrases.....

and so on

Then act really surprised to find that they are in the next cabin.

Sorry to the OP but this was so funny :)

It might help if you mention what ship you are on & when. Our friends & us just upgraded yesterday, & as of now there are 2 fabulous hump cabins available on the Silhouette in a couple weeks.

I also agree going on your roll call to see if anyone would switch. It's worth a try. Next door would be just too close for comfort for me!

Edited by 3girlsmom

Been sleeping on the couch?? No, well it won't be long now. :D

I feel for you, but why in the first place did you allow your parents to come along on your 2nd anniversary cruise? :eek: :eek:

On the bright side at least you will have considerate neighbors on one side of you. After the last few cruises, we are disappointed by rude or oblivious neighbors, making a lot of disruption..

Anyway would not you be embarrassed if your neighbors gave you stares after a night of frolicking? Their hearing is a good as your relatives I would imagine.

We have taken several cruises with my parents , brother, and the kids. We have 5 staterooms which are all next to each other and two across from us. We have NEVER heard anything and each respects each other's privacy. To be honest, we usually don't even see anyone but our own kids until we meet for drinks before dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums