room service

It's free except for between midnight and five or five thirty am when there is a service charge, $3.95, I believe. A tip is appreciated and many people do that, but it's not required.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Mark_K

Most of the room service delivery staff are there as a voluntary choice, tipping is not required but greatly appreciated. happy cruising

The only tip I gave my delivery person was 'a little more butter next time, kid'.

Edited by redcard

It's free except for between midnight and five or five thirty am when there is a service charge, $3.95, I believe.

On last week's cruise on Independence of the Seas, the charge was levied for orders placed between 10 pm to 6 am.

On last week's cruise on Independence of the Seas, the charge was levied for orders placed between 10 pm to 6 am.

Wow...that's interesting. I wonder if that's just on Indy or fleet wide now. I'll be on the Majesty in 2 weeks. I'll have to look into that.

They are included in the auto daily gratuity pool so I personally do not double tip .If you have an unusually large order (like having friends over and service for 6) I would consider a tip but I would never "throw" it to someone.

They are included in the auto daily gratuity pool so I personally do not double tip .If you have an unusually large order (like having friends over and service for 6) I would consider a tip but I would never "throw" it to someone.

Room Service is not included in your prepaid gratuities.

Edited by cruisenfever

I have never seen a breakdown of the daily gratuity to include room service staff. They should be tipped separately. We tip $2 for morning coffee and fruit...more for a larger order.

Can anyone tell me if you pay for room service. We are going on fos 13th April.

Here is a link to your post from a few days ago asking the same question

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014934

Answers seem pretty consistent to me, even the one that is incorrect :rolleyes:. The room service staff is NOT included in the standard charges applied to your account.

We always tip at least one dollar. Keep in mind that Room Service can get pretty busy. We were on the Liberty in February and called in an order at 10pm, and was told it would be 1 1/2 hours for delivery. Yow! I asked if I heard him right. We told them no thank you, and headed out to Sorrento's instead for take out. Is this normal on these large ships?

We always tip at least one dollar. Keep in mind that Room Service can get pretty busy. We were on the Liberty in February and called in an order at 10pm, and was told it would be 1 1/2 hours for delivery. Yow! I asked if I heard him right. We told them no thank you, and headed out to Sorrento's instead for take out. Is this normal on these large ships?

I've been told a fews times it would be an hour, hour and half. And they always come around 40 to 45mins. just my experience.

I love Sorrento's but sometimes I just want either the spinach dip or the cheese plate.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305