How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

I would say it is a shame, but perhaps you may be glad that the 2nd one was canned. It is strange times for cruising at the moment, with so many countries in lockdown and many more following. Hopefully the situation will be much better in a month or two.

31 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I would say it is a shame, but perhaps you may be glad that the 2nd one was canned. It is strange times for cruising at the moment, with so many countries in lockdown and many more following. Hopefully the situation will be much better in a month or two.

Agreed , we are scheduled to go 5 weeks from Wednesday .

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We were scheduled to board in Vancouver on June 1th but all Canadian Ports will be closed until July 31st to cruise ships. Mic,  I love your optimism but think realistically that it will be longer.

Our friends from Perth just left on the 14th to fly home from Tampa. They are thinking that they may have to be self quarantined for 14 days when they get back. How is Canberra doing?Ocala is in Marion County, FL and we do not have any currently.

https://www.wptv.com/coronavirus/how-many-coronavirus-cases-are-there-in-florida-check-the-states-interactive-coronavirus-map (it's the big county north and in the middle of the state, north of Orland with the right angled bottom)

We have two reported cases now (in the ACT) but both have come from abroad.

Australia itself has around 400 cases with 6 deaths so far. The government has implemented strategies aimed to slow the spread (rather than stop it) so that the medical services can cope with the situation, but I think this is just the 1st stage.

People coming to Australia have to self isolate for 14 days once they are at home or at their final destination., which means they can spread it while travelling around to get there.

Gatherings are banned if they have more than 250 people. Sports are  still playing but with no crowds, that will cease as well.

I think we will have to go into a lockdown soon if this is to be handled properly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, I agree with you.  Happy to be home safely and healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Goodness, I hope your health can recover so you can travel again.

Oh we are healthy, but just in our mid 70"s..  No doctor will sign that form as it is written. Others have reported asking their doctor and was told NO.

Just now, retiredgram said:

Oh we are healthy, but just in our mid 70"s..  No doctor will sign that form as it is written. Others have reported asking their doctor and was told NO.

Okay, I get it now. Hopefully the restrictions will be over by then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SailingShelley said:

Cruising April 19th to Europe on Regal Princess? Is it a cruise to no where?

We canceled that cruise after Princess canceled us . Our replacement cruise is on April 22nd on the Veendam a 31 Night Azores , Normandy & British Isles Explorer .

Ports Of Call
  • Horta, Azores, Portugal 
  •  Praia Da Vitoria, Azores 
  •  Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal 
  •  Brest, France 
  •  Cherbourg, France 
  •  Le Havre (Paris), France 
  •  Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium 
  •  Antwerp (Brussels), Belgium 
  •  Cruise Scheldt River 
  •  Amsterdam, Netherlands 
  •  St. Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands 
  •  Cobh (Cork), Ireland 
  •  Ilfracombe, Devon, England 
  •  Fishguard, Wales 
  •  Dublin, Ireland 
  •  Douglas, Isle Of Man 
  •  Stornoway, Isle Of Lewis, Hebrides 
  •  Belfast, Northern Ireland 
  •  Dunmore East (Waterford), Ireland

Edited by scubacruiserx2

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

What are the chances of it going ahead?

It is after the 30 day self imposed break by HAL and the UK but things do change sometimes . If they don't change it's a go but if they do cancel it's not because we failed to try . We pray and try for the best and we will see what happens .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1