How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

My last few cruises were a real physical challenge, my next was to be tomorrow, taking the kids on a short Easter get away. Now I have just one booked in December (236 days I think) by then I am hoping to have loopwheels or softwheels on my wheelchair, and hoping that lets me put cruising back on the agenda.

10 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

My last few cruises were a real physical challenge, my next was to be tomorrow, taking the kids on a short Easter get away. Now I have just one booked in December (236 days I think) by then I am hoping to have loopwheels or softwheels on my wheelchair, and hoping that lets me put cruising back on the agenda.

I also have one booked for December which was supposed to be my very last cruise.

Now it is not likely that I will be able to do it.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I also have one booked for December which was supposed to be my very last cruise.

Now it is not likely that I will be able to do it.

Good luck for it coming together for you.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,I always like what you post

Thank you, I hope you are as safe and well as possible. I disappear from time to time as my cruising future isn’t looking overly optimistic at the moment, I was meant to go on a three Dayer with my family, and I am opting o try some new wheels on the wheelchair, they have inbuilt suspension which may dampen the movement enough, but unfortunately they are expensive, then some.

57 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Thank you, I hope you are as safe and well as possible. I disappear from time to time as my cruising future isn’t looking overly optimistic at the moment, I was meant to go on a three Dayer with my family, and I am opting o try some new wheels on the wheelchair, they have inbuilt suspension which may dampen the movement enough, but unfortunately they are expensive, then some.

I had a surgical procedure on Feb.12 to reduce pain,it was part one of a two part procedure but I would only have part two if the first one worked.My doctor said 40 percent of his patients have their pain reduced,not totally though.For me it did not work.

I am on pain medication all day.I am in bed the majority of the day.I only leave to shower and use my handicapped accessible bathroom and take my stairlift to go to the kitchen to eat.The Corona Virus is really scary.I posted a few days ago that my best friend died last Saturday from the disease.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a surgical procedure on Feb.12 to reduce pain,it was part one of a two part procedure but I would only have part two if the first one worked.My doctor said 40 percent of his patients have their pain reduced,not totally though.For me it did not work.

I am on pain medication all day.I am in bed the majority of the day.I only leave to shower and use my handicapped accessible bathroom and take my stairlift to go to the kitchen to eat.The Corona Virus is really scary.I posted a few days ago that my best friend died last Saturday from the disease.

Truly sorry to hear of your friend’s passing.

so far the doctor is saying he advises strongly against surgery for me, he spent about 20 minutes explaining what he would normally do, for part of my problems and then said “but with everything lse going on with your spine I am not saying I would refuse to operate, but I would need a lot of persuasion” but then a glance at a report from almost 4 years ago “oh you have a Syrinx (a term I had never heard till then) that would explain every symptom.”

10 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

so far the doctor is saying he advises strongly against surgery for me, he spent about 20 minutes explaining what he would normally do, for part of my problems and then said “but with everything lse going on with your spine I am not saying I would refuse to operate, but I would need a lot of persuasion” but then a glance at a report from almost 4 years ago “oh you have a Syrinx (a term I had never heard till then) that would explain every symptom.”

Thank you.

I went for a second opinion from one of the top spine surgeons in NY.I told him that I had spine surgery in 2010 .He looked at my MRI’s and said that he agreed with my Neuro Surgeon that further surgery is not an option.

The procedure I had last month was solely to reduce pain.

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Got the word today from our TA that the entire trip (Fly, tour, stay, cruise) is cancelled including the cruise, we await to hear further details. 

G'Day Mic.  Sorry to hear that your cruise is cancelled.  Ours (May 16th to Alaska) will also be cancelled after Princess makes their announcement on Tuesday.

Hope all is well with you and yours.....😊😊😊

Bob

3 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

G'Day Mic.  Sorry to hear that your cruise is cancelled.  Ours (May 16th to Alaska) will also be cancelled after Princess makes their announcement on Tuesday.

Hope all is well with you and yours.....😊😊😊

Bob

Cheers, that makes it the 2nd cruise we have had canned, the first was supposed to be on Wednesday (3 days time). Such is life in these …. wait for it....." unprecedented times".

Sorry to hear yours is also gone south.

Keep well.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 11:48 PM, GUT2407 said:

@YoHoHo