Exclusive Suite Restaurant

CruisingChick

Just read the email from Celebrity regarding the new suite amenities. It said they would have an exclusive restaurant. Does anyone know what restaurant they are referring to?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

They will be building a new restaurant for suite passengers apparently out of a portion of top level of the dining room. Plans are that they will be completed by April of 16. Here is a the press release.

February 12, 2014

Discerning guests who desire the very best in modern luxury vacations will soon be able to indulge in Celebrity Cruises' new 'Suite Class' experience. This will be fully introduced on Celebrity's state-of-the-art ships during April 2015. With exclusive new benefits including a suites-only restaurant, VIP lounge, complimentary premium beverages, plus more, the newly launched Suite Class is designed to create the ultimate luxurious experience. Guests will enjoy incredible service from the moment they arrive with their personal butler taking care of every detail. This is the only way to travel.

From the one-of-a-kind Reflection Suite, with its jaw-dropping ocean views and unique cantilevered shower, to the stylish Sky Suites, Celebrity's exceptional Suite Class experience is designed to set the standard in modern luxury vacations around the world.

The new Suite Class will include:

Private dining - A dedicated private restaurant reserved exclusively for all Suite Class guests will be available morning, noon and night. Each meal will feature unique menus that offer sumptuous dishes not available anywhere else onboard. Guests can truly immerse themselves in the local culture with specially crafted menus inspired by the local destination, and enjoy the world's best ingredients. Memorable and inspiring dishes will be served, from locally caught seafood, to the freshest pasta. The Suite Class chef can provide a tailor-made experience to suite guests and prepare a dish to their liking, and the Cellar Master - Celebrity's head sommelier - will select from more than 450 wines to provide the perfect pairing.

Premium 'all in' benefits - Premium beverages, dining across all specialty restaurants, unlimited internet access and a private bar with water, sodas and beers will all be complimentary for guests staying in Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites.

VIP lounge - A private VIP lounge, Michael's Club, will be available to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites. A dedicated Concierge service and unique food and beverage experiences by Celebrity's James Beard-featured chef will be provided to guests.

"Our guests are accustomed to exceptional quality and service, and for those wishing to further indulge in the very best while on vacation we have launched 'Suite Class', specially designed to appeal to the most discerning vacationer,” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "We know that suite guests value privacy, personalized service, exclusive access and flexibility, and providing them with their own unique benefits, such as a dedicated restaurant with a dining experience like no other, is just another way that we are significantly elevating the guest's vacation with us."

Suite guests will also continue to enjoy a large number of benefits including:

The Celebrity 'Suite Class' welcome - Guests will receive priority check-in and embarkation

Legendary butler service - From unpacking guests' luggage to booking the best destination experiences on land, the Suite Class butler will be on hand 24 hours a day to ensure seamless, dedicated and personalized service.

The Suite Class experience will also include a daily high-end afternoon tea service served in the guest's spacious and beautifully-designed suite.

Luxurious stateroom amenities and benefits – As well as enjoying spacious suites with verandas that showcase sweeping ocean views, guests can indulge in a variety of luxury amenities including deluxe Bulgari bathroom amenities, plush robes, premium bedding and an indulgent pillow menu. A host of other extras will also be provided during the guest's vacation including reserved theater seating for all Suite Class guests.

About Celebrity Cruises:

Celebrity Cruises’ iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 11 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity is one of six cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, or call your travel agent.

Edited by dkjretired

Thanks Don.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I'm not certain we have official word from X that it will be part of the upper MDR, but X has said they aren't closing bistro or other similar places, so we've all surmised (I think) that leaves only the upper MDR level, like how they took part to add BLU on the M ships over the last few years. And since those guests won't need seating in MDR any longer, that exact amount of seats will now be open in MDR, so again, logic says this will be the case.

I've put out a theory that come April 2015, x will got to full on select dining, having used the RCI launch of Quantum with no MDR as a test/way to see what issues may arise.....and the fact that space will be lost where select dining was if they do use the upper MDR space.....

I was on a charter on Summit last month where they didn't assigned seating times, (full ship) and I expected issues getting in the MDR, but it worked flawlessly, much like a normal restaurant seats its guests.

we'll have to wait and see about that thought......

They will be building a new restaurant for suite passengers apparently out of a portion of top level of the dining room. Plans are that they will be completed by April of 16.

Actually April of 2015.

I did find it interesting that only the Royal, PH & Reflection suites will be getting the unlimited specialty restaurants and complimentary beverage package. Each item starts at a different level. The new dining room at Sky suite, the new VIP lounge at Celebrity suite and the other benefits at Royal suite. I looked at the pricing for June 2015 and it looks like they have raised it about $200 per person per day to cover these new benefits (more than the cost of the benefits).

I'm not certain we have official word from X that it will be part of the upper MDR, but X has said they aren't closing bistro or other similar places, so we've all surmised (I think) that leaves only the upper MDR level, like how they took part to add BLU on the M ships over the last few years. And since those guests won't need seating in MDR any longer, that exact amount of seats will now be open in MDR, so again, logic says this will be the case.

I've put out a theory that come April 2015, x will got to full on select dining, having used the RCI launch of Quantum with no MDR as a test/way to see what issues may arise.....and the fact that space will be lost where select dining was if they do use the upper MDR space.....

I was on a charter on Summit last month where they didn't assigned seating times, (full ship) and I expected issues getting in the MDR, but it worked flawlessly, much like a normal restaurant seats its guests.

we'll have to wait and see about that thought......

Actually there was something issued by Celebrity which said it would be in the MDR, I'll have to look for it.

Actually there was something issued by Celebrity which said it would be in the MDR, I'll have to look for it.

Hopefully not.....how special will it be if it gets all the noise and crowds of the MDR?? They are calling it " private dinning." Hopefully that will be true.

Hopefully not.....how special will it be if it gets all the noise and crowds of the MDR?? They are calling it " private dinning." Hopefully that will be true.

I think they would wall it off like Blu on M class ships.

I noticed something interesting on the web site re: suite benefits. The AQ suites on Reflection are not currently listed as having availability to the new suite restaurant. Yes, I know they have Blu.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=celebrity_suite_class&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20431364&rid=142946777&mes=New%20Deployment%20Europe%20CC%20Preview%20March%202014%20EM&emsc=CCCELITE00000EM&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=SUITES#&panel1-1&panel2-2&panel3-1&panel4-2&panel5-1&panel6-2&panel7-2

Edited by dkjretired

I think they would wall it off like Blu on M class ships.

I noticed something interesting on the web site re: suite benefits. The AQ suites on Reflection are not currently listed as having availability to the new suite restaurant. Yes, I know they have Blu.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=celebrity_suite_class&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20431364&rid=142946777&mes=New%20Deployment%20Europe%20CC%20Preview%20March%202014%20EM&emsc=CCCELITE00000EM&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=SUITES#&panel1-1&panel2-2&panel3-1&panel4-2&panel5-1&panel6-2&panel7-2

The aqua suites are being reclassified as sky suites....and sky suites can dine in blu (no idea if other suites can or can't...it hasn't been addressed).

Actually April of 2015.

I did find it interesting that only the Royal, PH & Reflection suites will be getting the unlimited specialty restaurants and complimentary beverage package. Each item starts at a different level. The new dining room at Sky suite, the new VIP lounge at Celebrity suite and the other benefits at Royal suite. I looked at the pricing for June 2015 and it looks like they have raised it about $200 per person per day to cover these new benefits (more than the cost of the benefits).

Hi Tommy,hope all is well with all. People indeed will be paying for the new perks. Wonder just how high it will raise the profit margin on the Suites?

The aqua suites are being reclassified as sky suites....and sky suites can dine in blu (no idea if other suites can or can't...it hasn't been addressed).

I think that will be short lived, predict after awhile suites will no longer be able to eat in Blu. I believe they are only going to allow sky suites (old AQ suites) just to avoid people complaining who have already booked AQ suites.

I may be becoming a Discerning At The Bottom Of The Barrel guest. DATBOTB

I am glad they are doing some more for suite guests as they need to create lots of value for the price and future price increases. I just dislike in general a class/caste type system. Cabins were one thing, but now it seems that this distinction will be everywhere and multiple class levels.

As a regular balcony cruiser, in the past, I hope not to get to squeezed out of public space and worst travel with a person(s) sailing in a suite and thus segregated for many functions/times on ship. We have been on the other side and skipped many of Captain's Club evening cocktails to be with our first/second time cruising friends that we recommended cruising to on Celebrity.

Guess as long as they don't block out the sun/ocean views.....

Hi Tommy,hope all is well with all. People indeed will be paying for the new perks. Wonder just how high it will raise the profit margin on the Suites?

I priced out our upcoming cruise to Alaska this July to see what the same cruise tour and same date would cost next year. Keep in mind, the prices for 2014 kept going up from my original price. We are booked in the penthouse and the exact same cruise in 2015 would cost us approx another $8000 for the two of us. I say approx, because my total bill that we paid includes taxes, gratuities and all our excursions. The quote that I looked at was $6000 more then what our total amount paid for this year. I have to say, this would probably be the last time we can afford the penthouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I priced out our upcoming cruise to Alaska this July to see what the same cruise tour and same date would cost next year. Keep in mind, the prices for 2014 kept going up from my original price. We are booked in the penthouse and the exact same cruise in 2015 would cost us approx another $8000 for the two of us. I say approx, because my total bill that we paid includes taxes, gratuities and all our excursions. The quote that I looked at was $6000 more then what our total amount paid for this year. I have to say, this would probably be the last time we can afford the penthouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did the same for ours, it was about $125 a day more per person, and since you can pretty much get the drinks package for free if you just wait for the promo I think we will just go AQ from now on - you get your own restaurant in AQ too :) Basically they are charging $125 more a day per person - at least on the cruise I compared it to - for unlimited Specialty Dining, and a private club, no biggie for me.

Makes me think of an illusionist using misdirection to make his trick work. In this case Celebrity makes exciting announcements to present an upgraded suite package as misdirection for major price increases. People fall in love with what they see as great perks without realizing how much they are really costing. The is an effective strategy that holds low risk and high reward for the company. If it doesn't work as well as intended the company can always reduce prices or reduce benefits. However, they increase profit margins from their starting point even if they need to discount. They also know that some people just don't care about the cost. If they want it (or their wife wants it) they buy no matter what the charge.These customers are the "angles" that every company wants.

I/we are booked in the PH suite on the Summit this Dec, and I/we also booked a 15 Night TA for next Oct. Really when you look at the cost of the suite and divide it by the number of days. I'm paying $200.00 more per day for my Dec cruise this year than we are paying for the 15 day TA cruise next year. I'm sure it all depends on the cruise and time of year, but for us it will be cheaper per day and we will have a lot more benefits, also the TA cruises does not qualify for the 123 Go drink packages.

Thanks.. but that is IMHO a marketing Fail ! The aqua suites are in different locations and are suppose to have different amenities than a Sky Suite... Now they are blending two different products:(

CC

I don't think the cabin is any different than a sky suite, other than the fancy aqua shower system, isn't it only the amenities which are easily swapped out?

I'm guessing aqua suites never caught on and its just simpler to call 'em sky suites to streamline things.

I don't think the cabin is any different than a sky suite, other than the fancy aqua shower system, isn't it only the amenities which are easily swapped out?

I'm guessing aqua suites never caught on and its just simpler to call 'em sky suites to streamline things.

Or, drop the AQ designation in order to remove the Blu entitlement.

I find it interesting to hear about all the new marketing changes, but not everyone can afford or will want to pay for some of these perks. Only time will tell. Honestly,"simplicity, simplicity, simplicity done well is my idea of a wonderful cruise! ;)

Edited by Lastdance

I/we are booked in the PH suite on the Summit this Dec, and I/we also booked a 15 Night TA for next Oct. Really when you look at the cost of the suite and divide it by the number of days. I'm paying $200.00 more per day for my Dec cruise this year than we are paying for the 15 day TA cruise next year. I'm sure it all depends on the cruise and time of year, but for us it will be cheaper per day and we will have a lot more benefits, also the TA cruises does not qualify for the 123 Go drink packages.

I experienced the opposit. I am sailing in August 2014, on the Summit in a Celebrity Suite. The price for August 2015, cost more then a Sky Suite on the Summit. So in some instances, you are paying a much higher rate for the suite only restaurant.

I hope that the rates will come down so we can consider rebooking at the lower rate.