Collector (or b2b) new benefits

Billthekid

I agree.

Agree here too.

The benefits described do not impact the suite or 4/5* benefits.

And something even a high star Mariner or suite occupant might like (except for the discounts that are not as good).

It's not like HAL is offering priority boarding or tendering to B2B clients- which could adversely impact suite and high star mariners.

I think the point is this...

If you are a 4 or 5 * mariner and you book a Neptune suite, 4 of the 11 "perks" of booking that B2B, you're already getting (laundry, wine, and internet).

The 20/30/40 Spa Discount was not just a B2B feature (when I was on the Eurodam in March anyway) - it was available to anyone in any category for collector's or just 7 day.

The other 6 "perks" (coffee shot, slot play points, bingo, mystery shop discount, photo discount, excursion discount) are all just a ploy to get you to spend more money that you might have otherwise done. And these "discounts" are offered in their favor (ie not including the formal night photos in the offer).

The only 1 of the 11 that I see as truly a benefit is the excursion discount - since they are retroactively applying that to anything you booked before boarding.

What they need to do is set up true discounts or benefits for Neptune guests, 4*+ mariners, and B2B guests that do NOT overlap. And have those perks be on things that you actually will save on...

<snip>

What they need to do is set up true discounts or benefits for Neptune guests, 4*+ mariners, and B2B guests that do NOT overlap. And have those perks be on things that you actually will save on...

Exactly.

You have stated it clearly. :)

One would have to contort to not understand the point.

Exactly.

You have stated it clearly. :)

One would have to contort to not understand the point.

And understandably, there are only so many places/ things to discount on... so Mariners get bonus internet minutes... maybe B2B people get 10% off an internet package... so if you're a Mariner on a B2B - you get bonus minutes AND the 10% off.......

Kazu

Sail, I would love to hear these ideas.

A bunch of us could email the mariner's society and support them

What enhancements would you suggest for suite guests, and high level mariners?

A few No Cost to the ship suggestions:

*Reserved seats for shows

*No charge tours of the ship

*Have your cabin cleaned at time of your request (within reasonable time window)

Kindly add your suggestions. :)

Edited by sail7seas

And understandably, there are only so many places/ things to discount on... so Mariners get bonus internet minutes... maybe B2B people get 10% off an internet package... so if you're a Mariner on a B2B - you get bonus minutes AND the 10% off.......

I can agree with this combination of benefits and perks, that makes sense.

To say that one's "earned" benefits are somehow diminished by offering a subset of them to anyone else is a perception of the beholder. Contorted as I can get I still don't see how giving some a one time benefit for booking a B2B or Collector's cruise depreciates their value to a high star mariner who will receive those benefits for every cruise they book. Giving a few a taste of benefits received by repeat customers is good business. As stated earlier, those who have earned benefits are less likely to abandon them than those who have no such attraction to any particular cruise line, so why not engage them with the taste? I think when there is a larger repeat customer base it's good for all of us.

*Have your cabin cleaned at time of your request (within reasonable time window)

If done at no cost to HAL at least #1 and #3 are beaten out of the hides of other passengers.

Roy

S7S, those are great suggestions, I do like those. I can see how these would appeal to anyone and would work well as incentives to earning high star mariner status. I'm struggling to think of more "no cost" suggestions myself. However, one thing I would like to see is a 5% to 20% discount (larger would be nice, but one has to be reasonable) on excursions, even if just a select few of them, for high star mariners.

If these "perks" for Collectors' Cruises are supposed to bring in more paying customers, you'd think HAL would be advertising them. I just checked their website for our 42-day cruise on Maasdam in the Fall, and there is no mention of anything extra.

POA, I agree that a discount on shore excursions would be great! Or maybe even the occasional free shuttle!

If these "perks" for Collectors' Cruises are supposed to bring in more paying customers, you'd think HAL would be advertising them. I just checked their website for our 42-day cruise on Maasdam in the Fall, and there is no mention of anything extra.

POA, I agree that a discount on shore excursions would be great! Or maybe even the occasional free shuttle!

I like the shore ex idea and the shuttle. I don't like the room cleaning idea. I'm often out of my room by 8:30 because its important to me to have my room cleaned early because I'm in and out of it 50 times a day. Sometimes i just like to sit on my balcony and it scares the heck out of me when they come in my room and I'm out there. If I'm going to have to wait an extra long time i wouldn't be happy.

I like the shore ex idea and the shuttle. I don't like the room cleaning idea. I'm often out of my room by 8:30 because its important to me to have my room cleaned early because I'm in and out of it 50 times a day. Sometimes i just like to sit on my balcony and it scares the heck out of me when they come in my room and I'm out there. If I'm going to have to wait an extra long time i wouldn't be happy.

Do you have any benefits to suggest?

I can understand why not any will suit all people so the more ideas, the more people apt to find some they like.

Personally, a reserved seat at the show means nothing to me but I suppose it could matter to some people. We often read here if service is slow in MDR, some people are upset they can't get good seats at the show.

Originally Posted by sail7seas viewpost.gif

--------------------------

How about

*Making the second wine tasting free for 5*

*Make the wine corkage fee a sliding scale based on stars...3* 25% off, 4* 50% off, 5* 75% off...

*Add a beverage card for 4*/5* -- while not free, it doesn't cost HAL much for a few cups of coffee or glasses of soda

Originally Posted by sail7seas viewpost.gif

--------------------------

mbarker:

How about

*Making the second wine tasting free for 5*

*Make the wine corkage fee a sliding scale based on stars...3* 25% off, 4* 50% off, 5* 75% off...

*Add a beverage card for 4*/5* -- while not free, it doesn't cost HAL much for a few cups of coffee or glasses of soda

Good ideas. I like them.

I was trying to come up with some suggestions that are no obvious extra charge to the cruise line/ship.

Edited by sail7seas

Do you have any benefits to suggest?

I can understand why not any will suit all people so the more ideas, the more people apt to find some they like.

Personally, a reserved seat at the show means nothing to me but I suppose it could matter to some people. We often read here if service is slow in MDR, some people are upset they can't get good seats at the show.

I have no brain power to add. I'm ok with what is being offered. I hope I have a chance to grab that internet deal if I ever get my November cruise booked.

Good ideas, but the room stewards may not be happy, if two staterooms wanted the same time frame.

The room steward usually seems to clean our room while we are at breakfast.

Like Obnxshs's idea of a discount on selected HAL excursions.

Will have to give this topic some thought.

I read an interesting article on BuzzFeed a number of weeks ago about the fact that the cruiselines (all lines, not any one in particular) will be focused on marketing to first time passengers for the next 20-30 years. The article focuses on the new mega-ship Quantum of the Seas but speaks to the industry in general. To do so, they will focus on amenities and glitzy marketing aimed at a younger audience. Apparently more money is to be made driving in first time cruisers rather than loyal past passengers. They of course, also hope to make those in younger generations become loyal passengers over time.

So I don't think we are going to see a lot of momentum on enhancing past passenger programs. Many lines are already started to erode or downgrade some benefits. :(

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peterlauria/royal-caribbeans-newest-ship-represents-a-critical-test-for

Going back to the title of the thread. So, you have to wait until you are on board to find out if there are any perks to a collectors cruise? I think the biggest "perk" would be before you board - ie - way better pricing and perks up front. I am booked on a collectors cruise and on Monday I noticed a "Canada Summer Sale" - so, I checked the pricing (why wouldn't I). To my surprise the total of the two segments of our cruise is $600 pp cheaper then the collectors. Will that entice me to switch to 2 segments - you bet!! Additional work for my TA (sadly) and HAL. Anyone else had this experience?

Hi

don't have all those points yet Still a 2 almost a 3. I would like the cruise industry to not charge solo passengerd double or more to go on cruise. In case of Hal I think Since I pay double I should get double points,

Mary

• 3 months later...

Sheesh, I had forgotten all about this! Thanks for the reminder. I will definitely be on the lookout, as we have booked 3 shore excursions with HAL that are around $200 per person on our b2b/Collector's cruise (is there a difference?). Ten per cent off would be great!