Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

It's more of a pragmatic issue really, since 99% of them are built in Europe it makes sense to do some form of debut. What I've noticed from recent ships they're doing specific debut's for Europe and then another in the USA. I don't see why this is an issue, they need to market them across the markets as much as possible afterall

I'd also say (tongue in cheek) you cant get more 'traditional' than Southampton, UK ;)

Traditional for an ocean crossing maybe, but not a "pleasure" cruise.

Same here! I confess I will be slightly disappointed if Royal decides to start her in the Med... Seems as though they have started shying away from debuting new ships in "traditional" spots like Port Everglades or Miami... They barely even have a presence in Miami anymore!

The difference with Harmony is Central Park. For both Oasis and Allure, CP was installed in Florida and if it is going to be the same thing for Harmony, then the ship,will probably start in Florida.

I suspect that will be the case because European nights will be too cold for the plants in April.

The difference with Harmony is Central Park. For both Oasis and Allure, CP was installed in Florida and if it is going to be the same thing for Harmony, then the ship,will probably start in Florida.

I suspect that will be the case because European nights will be too cold for the plants in April.

April isn't that cold in the Med, I would assume they'll install from Day 1, esp is she's based from Barcelona for the summer.

Not necessarily.

It depends where Harmony is based in Europe...which is rumored to be Barcelona for the European season (aka the Caribbean hurricane season). The weather there mid-April would not be a problem for all the trees/plants in the Central Park area.

Thereafter in fall, it would be moved to one of the Florida ports (likely Ft. Lauderdale, as Oasis has been rumored to be moved from that location sometime next year).

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Cant transport live plants into the USA from other countries. If the plants are planted in the USA and then sails to other ports and back to USA, that's ok with the USDA.

So Harmony sailing in Barcelona is a bit of problem then. I don't think they'd debut Harmony without Central Park...Unless there is no Central Park :eek: Something else to replace that? Or maybe Royal's Norway FB was actually wrong and she won't be sailing from Barcelona...

I am not so sure about the regulations for plants as some things are unclear. It seems that plants for import and plants for transit do need to be certified and remote certification and inspection is allowed.

I had heard this 'fact' about plants on Oasis class previously and it seemed odd that there was not a method for permits and control of imported horticultural items as exist in almost every region of the world and not just the USA.

It would seem that the shipboard horticulturalist would have responsibility for this certification and control.

I was on both the Oasis and the Quantum TA sailings in October and November.

Oasis sailed with all plants in order for the crossing from Rotterdam.

I am not sure how the fact that the Netherlands alone stand for 24%of the world horticulture market and Europe has 42 % of the world market. A great deal are for export, while the domestic markets are well established as well.

While they had not completed all planting in the Solarium on Quantum, they were bringing plants over from Europe that were planted already or that they brought up the night prior to arrival at Bayonne and were hard at work directly upon the ships arrival in the USA with planting activity that early AM prior to any disembarkation or taking provisions onboard.

Did they remove all of the plants from Oasis when it was there last summer?

While they still had plants in the park, they swapped out about a third of the plants for more cool weather plants. The process takes several months and they were still replacing the cool weather plants with the warmer weather plants when I was on Oasis over New Years.

This whole conversation about weather seems odd when I have just been walking in Madrid in shirt sleeves with no jacket and the big story on the news last night was the record warmth and showed scenes of the Mediterranean coast full with beach-goers.

Well, I am still looking forward to todays flight to Miami, even though the weather has been so terrific here the past couple of weeks.

So Harmony sailing in Barcelona is a bit of problem then. I don't think they'd debut Harmony without Central Park...Unless there is no Central Park :eek: Something else to replace that? Or maybe Royal's Norway FB was actually wrong and she won't be sailing from Barcelona...
This whole conversation about weather seems odd when I have just been walking in Madrid in shirt sleeves with no jacket and the big story on the news last night was the record warmth and showed scenes of the Mediterranean coast full with beach-goers.

Well, I am still looking forward to todays flight to Miami, even though the weather has been so terrific here the past couple of weeks.

Agree...I don't get it about any hoopla around the supposed "problems" either.

The weather in April and beyond should be a non-issue. Also, as for the migration of the plants to the U.S....since the ship is never on land...there is likely an exemption as a sea vessel to any issues regarding that as well. After all, there already are plants on the other 2 Oasis class ships from "foreign" locations...and that's never been a problem before.

Much to do about nothing.

It's no secret that Barcelona is the port RCI is planning to use as a main European base going forward. No surprise they'd have Harmony there during the summer season while returning to the U.S. over the late fall and winter season. They already have been running that strategy with numerous other ships.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I can't wait to sail on her. Now when will they would open her for bookings???:)

Wait for me...I wanna sail on her too :D

Sigh.....are we there yet :D

Thanks Lloyd for posting all the latest pics...she is looking realllllllly good :D

Hopefully very soon we will hear when and where she will sail...and of course the Booking Details !! :D

Wait for me...I wanna sail on her too :D

Sigh.....are we there yet :D

Thanks Lloyd for posting all the latest pics...she is looking realllllllly good :D

Hopefully very soon we will hear when and where she will sail...and of course the Booking Details !! :D

We board Allure from for a B2B on Saturday. It can't get here soon enough. Our son is excited about the slides on Harmony.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We board Allure from for a B2B on Saturday. It can't get here soon enough. Our son is excited about the slides on Harmony.

OMG I am so jealous, the Allure is my favourite ship, I am sooo looking forward to getting back on her in October for 12 nights....sigh....:D

Hope you have a fantastic time on her.

Oh I am up for the blue water slide...not the bowl one though...nope nah no thanks.

Oooh I wonder if any of the staff on Allure will go to Harmony, I know some went to Quantum but the GS manager Adrian stayed on Allure.

OMG I am so jealous, the Allure is my favourite ship, I am sooo looking forward to getting back on her in October for 12 nights....sigh....:D

Hope you have a fantastic time on her.

Oh I am up for the blue water slide...not the bowl one though...nope nah no thanks.

Oooh I wonder if any of the staff on Allure will go to Harmony, I know some went to Quantum but the GS manager Adrian stayed on Allure.

Yep, the yellow one is described as a champagne glass, but it works more like a toilet bowl I'll bet