Exhausted reading negative comments

mamamzee

Even six months out, I am excited about the next cruise and read CC every day. Our last cruise was HAL and we got lucky with upgrades/upsells and ended up in a suite. Lots of HAL customers had their panties in a wad over all kinds of little things and I got so tired of it , I never considered HAL this time.

Lots of complaints on Celebrity about rising prices of drinks. I just got back from Publix grocery store and found a package of lettuce to be 4.99--yikes. Ground meat is out of sight too. It is what it is, on or off ships.

We booked AQ this time just for the experience of BLU and all the rest and now I read that it's a terrible restaurant, too busy, food is lousy, etc.

I am going to read no more on CC. Bye.

Even six months out, I am excited about the next cruise and read CC every day. Our last cruise was HAL and we got lucky with upgrades/upsells and ended up in a suite. Lots of HAL customers had their panties in a wad over all kinds of little things and I got so tired of it , I never considered HAL this time.

Lots of complaints on Celebrity about rising prices of drinks. I just got back from Publix grocery store and found a package of lettuce to be 4.99--yikes. Ground meat is out of sight too. It is what it is, on or off ships.

We booked AQ this time just for the experience of BLU and all the rest and now I read that it's a terrible restaurant, too busy, food is lousy, etc.

I am going to read no more on CC. Bye.

I don't think of it as complaining- I think of it as sharing their experience. I read all the posts because I like to have a knowledge of other peoples experiences. What is loud and noisy for one person might be a comfortable level of noise for another.

I appreciate all the feedback- I go with an open mind and I am always pleasantly surprised that the cruise was even better than I though it was going to be :)

This will be our first time on board Celebrity and I think it will be fabulous!! After all- it is my vacation!

I agree wholeheartedly. Ignorance is bliss. ;)

Despite all the negative posts, (including my own) I would rather be in the Caribbean crying over my beer on board than freezing at home and watching the snow build up. For Florida folks that means cruising when the temperature falls below 60 degrees. ;)

All things are relative.

We've got a drink package, a balcony, no chores, meals that we won't have to prepare and some wonderful people to meet.

Somethings will be missed from past cruises but we will adapt.

This weeks promos tipped the scales and we will be in our oceanside condo for an extended stay.

So far, every (Celebrity) cruise has been different. All have been great. The people on board do not reflect the negativity seen here. I have enjoyed most changes and have had great meals in every restaurant, especially recently in Blu. Of course, I have been on vacation each time, so that might be why:D. Can't wait until they next few I have booked!:D

OP has a right to be exhausted and opt out...but we have the right to share info...

.so far we are still big Celebrity fans but our goal is not to cope, adapt or make the best of a vacation. We seek to spend our money wisely on the best vacation that suits us. If our next two or three on X are not up to expectations, then we'll try something else...

hopefully that won't be needed and Modern Luxury will be enhanced not diminshed,,,

I don't think of it as complaining- I think of it as sharing their experience. I read all the posts because I like to have a knowledge of other peoples experiences. What is loud and noisy for one person might be a comfortable level of noise for another.

I appreciate all the feedback- I go with an open mind and I am always pleasantly surprised that the cruise was even better than I though it was going to be :)

This will be our first time on board Celebrity and I think it will be fabulous!! After all- it is my vacation!

Right attitude. Enjoy the Infinity - we certainly did. We have been with a few different lines but Celebrity do have the overall edge. Food is excellent - yes, of course, there are meals I have not particularly enjoyed but wrong choice on MY behalf. On these occasions our waiter has been very anxious and wanted to serve another dish but if you go hungry on any cruise it is your own fault. The same goes with not enjoying a cruise - it's your holiday so just enjoy as it is time you will never get back.

These forums and opinions are important but remember they are just that.

Enjoy.

The name of this site is cruise CRITIC after all.

But what bothers me is when the critics become negative of someone who has had a different experience or opinion.

I hesitate to comment many times. And sometimes when I make a comment that seems to me very neutral, I feel completely beat up after a couple other posters weigh in on my comment.

I guess I haven't learned though - here I go again.

I actually enjoy reading all perspectives, the good and the bad

Ultimately though I make up my own mind once on board, and mostly the things I read that are negative turn out to be better than I expected :D

I would much rather it be like that than to read sugar coated posts written whilst wearing rose tinted glasses

We've got a drink package, a balcony, no chores, meals that we won't have to prepare and some wonderful people to meet.

Yes! Yes! A million times YES!!! All the doom and gloom can't get me down - can't wait for our cruise! :D

Edited by Philomath

But what bothers me is when the critics become negative of someone who has had a different experience or opinion.

If there are 2,000 or 2,800 passengers on board, I would expect that many opinions about their experience on board. Every experience is unique and everyone has the right to air their own concerns without being attacked. Our cruising experiences on the same ship may be the direct opposite but we are all describing our own experiences. Perhaps those complaining are seeking assurance that a bad experience is an aberration and the majority of the repeat cruisers on here can give them that comfort.

This weeks promos tipped the scales and we will be in our oceanside condo for an extended stay.

So with you. We booked and got the 123promo while on ship, on board credit to spend, and am happy. There is enough offered on the 123 classic pkg promo to keep both of us happy. We don't drink expensive wine so really don't care. I get my beer, can have a mimosa if I want, and hubby can have his drinks. I am not cooking, cleaning, working, etc for a week. Happy girl!!!! If I wanted to complain it would be that Celebrity does not carry Cruzan Mango like Royal does as I love that in the evening after drinking beer all day. But guess what - I got over it and got something else:)

This post is clearly a waste of time since the OP has stopped reading CC. Why is anyone (including me) bothering to post something that isn't going to be read :)

Edited by ghstudio

Well, I was going to make a positive suggestion for the OP, but if she (?) isn't going to read this board anymore, she'll probably miss it. :rolleyes: What works for me, when things get a little snarky over here, is just to focus on my roll-call threads for a while. There's lots of information to be found there -- and folks tend to be a bit more up-beat! :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

The name of this site is cruise CRITIC after all.

I hesitate to comment many times. And sometimes when I make a comment that seems to me very neutral, I feel completely beat up after a couple other posters weigh in on my comment.

I guess I haven't learned though - here I go again.

Snap! I know exactly how you feel. However, this is not just Celebrity forums. It seems that each line has forum members who don't like other members to have opinions if they differ from their own.

This post is clearly a waste of time since the OP has stopped reading CC. Why is anyone (including me) bothering to post something that isn't going to be read :)

I think the community always continues to respond long after any OP's question is posted. We're reinforcing our own reasons to keep on cruising despite negative posts for the benefit of others who may drop by for reassurances on the same concern.

I often feel the way the OP does. But, I often feel that way about my hair stylist, my mani's & Pedi's, drug store, etc. I try somewhere else and somehow return to the original because the grass is not always greener. If a post gets too negative I move on because life is too short.

Mary Lou

Ironic really.

I'd rather know about issues beforehand and getting them addressed before I depart. I hate nasty surprises on holidays. And some of the changes were nasty. And nothing like your example. If you don't understand the difference that's not my issue.

Good for those whose beers remained on the list. Of course they'd be happy.

I don't drink expensive wines either and partner likes normal beers. But all that was left was pretty much poor choice. Bud beer? It's also about delivering the product that was advertised. Celebrity knew that deep down and once highlighted knew it had to be rectified.

Edited by Pushka
edit

Have only cruised with Celebrity three (3) times with another scheduled in December. Love Celebrity, have no complaints about our previous cruises and am sure the upcoming cruise will also be grand. Could I possibly find anything to complain about... not really. It is not hard for me to be appreciative of all the work the crew members put into making my vacation great and I'm not one who feels entitled, as many apparently do.

Ironic really.

I don't drink expensive wines either and partner likes normal beers. But all that was left was pretty much poor choice. Bud beer?

As a fellow Commonwealth member I agree. Bud and beer should not be in the same sentence. ;) Then again I may drink a Heineken only if I'm desperate and it's free.

However for the price of two more beers a day, one could upgrade to a few decent ones.

Edited by ~Cruisenut~
'

I don't drink expensive wines either and partner likes normal beers. But all that was left was pretty much poor choice. Bud beer? It's also about delivering the product that was advertised. Celebrity knew that deep down and once highlighted knew it had to be rectified.

As a fellow Commonwealth member I agree. Bud and beer should not be in the same sentence. ;) Then again I may drink a Heineken only if I'm desperate and its free.

However for the price of two more beers a day, one could upgrade to a few decent ones.

That whole debacle could and should have been prevented. The person(s) responsible should be force fed the swill that no-one really wants then keel-hauled. Anyone who causes such a furore and harm to the company image should be sacked.

Ya'll just made be finish 2 good brews, and the wifester finish a nice Shiraz from South Eastern Australia! Now we have to make a trip to Total wine after work tomorrow :D

Thanks!

image.jpg.b007513e41ed72e7bb51eb7a4ee155e9.jpg