Gastropub

Cruising89143

Ok, so our last sat in the seat comment about the GastroBar was on July 20th.

Anyone else just off the Equinox with a comment about it?

Not me but thanks for bumping this thread. Odd that there's been so little coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

The Gastrobar is great! I disagree that it is hidden, it's in a busy area with other bars. It had lots and lots of great beers, especially European ones which I really enjoyed. With the Premium beverage package, I could get any beer I wanted "free" that was priced $13 or less. There were actually quite a few that topped that price - I did spring a couple times for a Fuller's Vintage Ale (spent the extra couple of bucks) but it came in a very large bottle. Delicious. Service was good, never really had to wait. It was never too crowded to get a seat, but always seemed to have just enough people to give it some atmosphere. I didn't try the food (requires a cost) because I was there to drink and I ate too much good food in other parts of the ship. A great addition to the Equinox and a VERY unique feature to North American cruises ships, nothing else to compare it to.

The Gastrobar is great! I disagree that it is hidden, it's in a busy area with other bars. It had lots and lots of great beers, especially European ones which I really enjoyed. With the Premium beverage package, I could get any beer I wanted "free" that was priced $13 or less. There were actually quite a few that topped that price - I did spring a couple times for a Fuller's Vintage Ale (spent the extra couple of bucks) but it came in a very large bottle. Delicious. Service was good, never really had to wait. It was never too crowded to get a seat, but always seemed to have just enough people to give it some atmosphere. I didn't try the food (requires a cost) because I was there to drink and I ate too much good food in other parts of the ship. A great addition to the Equinox and a VERY unique feature to North American cruises ships, nothing else to compare it to.

Thanks Steve!

Great to hear a positive review. I was beginning to think this was going to be a dud of a place.

My husband likes craft beers and we also will have the Premium package so it looks like a place we'll try.

Can't wait to try this in just about 2 WEEKS!!! :D

Question: they are serving food until midnight right? Going to use this as a late night option the first night we are onboard (have tickets to the opera in Venice that night so we miss regular dinner service).

So excited for this cruise!

Someone posted pics a few weeks back (the place looks amazing by the way!), does anyone recall the thread? I've been searching and searching so I can show my husband, but no luck finding them.

It wasn't hard at all to find the pictures since they are earlier in this thread. ;)

Go back to post #1 for pictures of the menu.

Go back to posts 61, 94, 95, 96 for pictures of the venue.

There is also a picture of Slush, the new frozen drink bar, in post # 98.

Enjoy your cruise!

It wasn't hard at all to find the pictures since they are earlier in this thread. ;)

Go back to post #1 for pictures of the menu.

Go back to posts 61, 94, 95, 96 for pictures of the venue.

There is also a picture of Slush, the new frozen drink bar, in post # 98.

Enjoy your cruise!

THAT'S where I saw those pics :)

Having browsed the menu for the Gastrobar, and reviewed all the comments here, I'm still wondering how a cruise ship can have 'Local' sausages on the menu... Homemade perhaps but local?

Maybe it's "local" to the area depending on where the ship is sailing.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Originally Posted by Big_G viewpost.gif

What is that?

Part of the main dining room

Ah rubbish. Tapatalk doesn't preview the photo. I'll try again now. The two photos are next to each other on my iPhone. Picked the wrong one. Sorry folks.

LOL! Tapatalk is nice as a reader but it can be a PITA when posting. :D

The Gastobar is located in a high traffic area and is far from being hidden. It's on the other side of the Martini bar located off the atrium and is much more open than the previous Cellar Masters. Some like the Martini bar but could care less about the Molecular bar. No different here. It's all about choice and it's nice that X has added another choice and on my sailing it was pretty popular. I also like that it is themed different than the other bars. Each bar has it's own unique feeling.

Edited by cruisingator2

Maybe it's "local" to the area depending on where the ship is sailing.

It would be a first for a central buying machine like X who do not source 'local' foodstuffs. Maybe they are a new swimming sausage...

The Gastobar is located in a high traffic area and is far from being hidden. It's on the other side of the Martini bar located off the atrium and is much more open than the previous Cellar Masters. Some like the Martini bar but could care less about the Molecular bar. No different here. It's all about choice and it's nice that X has added another choice and on my sailing it was pretty popular. I also like that it is themed different than the other bars. Each bar has it's own unique feeling.

Thank you... well said! Makes me long for my November cruise to get here quicker.

Can't wait to try it out on Eclipse...we are on first sailing after this conversion is done next spring....sounds like and looks like a great spot....far more welcoming than Cellar Masters...

I'd never seen Cellar Masters as I was a Celebrity newb this trip. I wonder if the people who like the new Gastropub do so because it's better than what was there previously while people who'd never seen Cellar Masters can't appreciate the improvements but take it at face value.

It is in a high traffic area but the times I saw it busy was just during the Football World Cup. As I haunted the Martini Bar across the way I did look into it frequently.

• 3 weeks later...