Gastropub

Cruising89143

Had dinner tonight at the new Gastropub. Not sure if anyone has posted the menu but here it is. The food is very good and a lot of food for the price.

Servers need some training. Several were not familiar with the menu. I do think that X opened up the venue too much. Just about all of the old walls from Cellar Masters is gone. Very open to the atrium.

We will be back later in the cruise which by the way has been outstanding thus far.

imagejpg1_zps6c377dd9.jpg

imagejpg2_zps715afdc2.jpg

imagejpg3_zps9889a44b.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsadb867c8.jpg

Edited by cruisingator2

Had dinner tonight at the new Gastropub. Not sure if anyone has posted the menu but here it is. The food is very good and a lot of food for the price.

Servers need some training. Several were not familiar with the menu. I do think that X opened up the venue too much. Just about all of the old walls from Cellar Masters is gone. Very open to the atrium.

We will be back later in the cruise which by the way has been outstanding thus far.

imagejpg1_zps6c377dd9.jpg

imagejpg2_zps715afdc2.jpg

imagejpg3_zps9889a44b.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsadb867c8.jpg

What are the operating hours if you know?

Did you ask anyone if this was going to go fleetwide?

Menu looks like fun!!

The official Celebrity announcement said it was a test to determine if it will go fleet wide. Equinox is testing several new things such as this and Slush by the pool.

I assume it will go fleet wide with Michaels closed, and needing a similar venue, and making it more possible to generate revenue, seems a natural to make it happen as ships go thru returns and dry-docks. Id suspect the "testing " language is just in case it is a complete and total flop, but I have to say this is interesting to me. Opening up to the outside hallway makes it much klieg Martini bar now not an enclosed mystery space, maybe it will help alleviate some Martini lounge crowding.

Sure wish this venue would be available on Summit next Feb. Bistro on 5 is a nice place for somewhere different to eat, etc... but once is enough on a cruise. A pub of sorts is more our taste!! More pictures please...

The official Celebrity announcement said it was a test to determine if it will go fleet wide. Equinox is testing several new things such as this and Slush by the pool.

I assume it will go fleet wide with Michaels closed, and needing a similar venue, and making it more possible to generate revenue, seems a natural to make it happen as ships go thru returns and dry-docks. Id suspect the "testing " language is just in case it is a complete and total flop, but I have to say this is interesting to me. Opening up to the outside hallway makes it much klieg Martini bar now not an enclosed mystery space, maybe it will help alleviate some Martini lounge crowding.

Hi-

I know they announced it as a test....was just wondering if the OP had heard anything from staff about whether or not it will be expanded to other ships...hope so...would love to have it rather than Cellar Masters on our TA next April on the Eclipse!!!:)

I wasn´t a great fan of Cellar Masters- much to gloomy and dark. Now opend up and light- that is a plus for the whole atrum area!

I couldn't disagree more......lol

We love Cellar Masters as it is and it was our favorite venue on our Solstice cruise - dark and gloomy to one = warm, relaxed and inviting to another.

We went every night before dinner and usually finished up our evening there in the early hours. Loved the atmosphere, selection of wines, and excellent service from the sommelier. She knew us by name after day 2 and offered us many wines not included on the premium package at no extra charge ;)

I am pleased that Cellar Masters will still be the same on our next cruise in Dec - and will enjoy it even more so as it may well be the last time if the Gastrobar goes fleet wide, as I suspect it will. RIP Cellar Masters

Hi cruisingator2,

Since you had dinner there, inquiring minds would like to know what you sampled.

Enjoy yr cruise!

p.s. excitedofharpenden, welcome home though I hear it won't be for long.:);)

Edited by snorklin'barb

I like the sound of Mixology Mondays. We emabark on a Monday wonder if it will be offered the first day?

We did not get the drink package, DH rarely drinks so it was not worth it.

Was it open for the lunch on embarkation day? I was wondering if it might be another choice aside from Bistro on the Five (not sure if I have the name right). I do not like the cattle call in the main venue.

I have read that Eclipse is going into dry dock beg April 2015, could the Gastropub possibly be fitted then, ready in time for Eclipse's summer 2015 deployment from Southampton & the UK market?

I'd assume so unless they find it a failure on Equinox.

Certain that's the time they will put int he Suite Dining rom as well, and most likely install Slush (froezen drink bar) poolside in the cabana booth that never is used (also testing on Equinox).