Elite Lounge/Room?

Oxo

Why doesn't Celebrity have a dedicated lounge/room for Elite? Yes, they have one for Elite+ and Zenith. It would be nice to have a room for Elite like RCI has for Diamond members. On the S Class ships there is a lot of wasted space such as by the Specialty Restaurants by Blu.

There is also a nice area on Deck 9 where they have the coffee set up and those cages you can sit in.

Why doesn't Celebrity have a dedicated lounge/room for Elite? Yes, they have one for Elite+ and Zenith. It would be nice to have a room for Elite like RCI has for Diamond members. On the S Class ships there is a lot of wasted space such as by the Specialty Restaurants by Blu.

There is also a nice area on Deck 9 where they have the coffee set up and those cages you can sit in.

Where is the Elite+ Lounge?

How large would the space need to be to handle all the Elites?

Would a Lounge for Elites further reduce public space for all?

Edited by Orator

I thought that Elite+ and Zenith used the updated: Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, a premium continental breakfast, light lunch, and self-service snacks. Pre-dinner drinks are complimentary between 5:30 and 8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary. Michael’s Club is available 24 hours a day.

So, Elite and Elite + have no lounge? I know that there is work involved in establishing a room with sink, etc. However, this maybe accomplished when in Dry Dock.

I thought that Elite+ and Zenith used the updated: Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, a premium continental breakfast, light lunch, and self-service snacks. Pre-dinner drinks are complimentary between 5:30 and 8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary. Michael’s Club is available 24 hours a day.

So, Elite and Elite + have no lounge? I know that there is work involved in establishing a room with sink, etc. However, this maybe accomplished when in Dry Dock.

Probably don't have one since numbers fluctuate so much on individual cruises.

Michael's Club is very nice and a dedicated lounge for Elites and Elite+ would enhance their cruise experience. The problem is one of numbers. I've been on cruises were there were more than 400 Elites. On TA cruises there were more than 800. Even the Sky Lounge is currently too small on Solstice, Eclipse, Equinox and Silhouette to handle the happy Hour crowd. Reflection is half the size of its sister ships. Space on M Class is even more limited. A lounge would not be an income producing space, if fact it would cost money to service it. That alone would make it unlikely that Celebrity would even consider the idea. Good idea, but I feel just unworkable.

Personally, I am one of those "Elites" who prefers to mingle with the non-Elites on the ship. I have rarely attended either the Elite breakfasts or the nightly cocktail hours set aside for Elites. Just doesn't do a thing for me. I realize I am probably in the minority, but I've never been big on separating the masses.

So what are they doing now? Giving coupons for the happy hour drinks to be used anywhere on the ship? How does that work?

Our last Celebrity cruise to New England was on a M class ship and the 'happy hour' was still in one of the lounges

So what are they doing now? Giving coupons for the happy hour drinks to be used anywhere on the ship? How does that work?

Our last Celebrity cruise to New England was on a M class ship and the 'happy hour' was still in one of the lounges

We were just on the Infinity and had a letter in our cabin stating that: due to so many Elites, Michaels would not be used for us. They used it either solely for Zenith and Elite plus. We were given 3 drink coupons to be used ( there was an approved cocktail and wine list) in any bars except the Martini bar. I believe they set up the elite breakfast in the MDR but we never used as we enjoyed our BLU breakfast

Thanks for all your inputs. This question was not to say as an Elite we are not satisfied with the current bennies. It was to find out if Elites and Elite+ were interested in having a separate lounge/room where they could sit and read, find a quiet place, etc.

Thanks again!

When there are too many Elites on board they give vouchers so as to not deny non elites access to the lounge. A lot of people prefer the vouchers as they can have drinks at different bars and/or be with friends who are not Elite.

I have no interest in an elite lounge. I have never had a problem finding a quiet place to read, play cards, or enjoy the company of fellow cruisers while having a drink.

We should all be afraid, very afraid. The more I read throughout these various commentaries it seems there are:

Special spots for Elites

Special spots for Elites Plus and Zenith passengers

Special spots for concerige class

Special spots for Aqua Class

Special spots for suite passengers

Add a trend toward special theater seating for special groups and I see the day where most of us will be sailing just like Jack Dawson not Rose.

Edited by Redman1947

Thanks for all your inputs. This question was not to say as an Elite we are not satisfied with the current bennies. It was to find out if Elites and Elite+ were interested in having a separate lounge/room where they could sit and read, find a quiet place, etc.

Thanks again!

Thank you for sharing a idea. Always good to test some thoughts and see if they have popular support. If it does Cruise Critic can be a vehicle for change. Thank you

Michael's is for Suite Passengers and "Zenith Passengers" only.

There is no dedicated lounge for Elite/Elite + members.

And not all suites. Sky Suites are excluded.

Hope all is well with you.

We like it as is. We are Elite + and on most ships it is sky lounge, which is better than Michaels club, too dark. When there are too many Elite and + like on a TA they give drink vouchers. Great idea. It is very hard to complain about the rewards. They are great.

Breakfasts are in Tuscan on most ships and they add another restaurant when there are many. Again, it is a nice perk.

Cannot wait until end of June for the Summit to meet many more elites and elite pluses and that is the best of the benefits.

Hi Charles:) tell Cyndi hi from me too:)

Doing ok...oh, Sky suites aren't considered suites then......

Not for Michael's Club. Just too many people would have access for capacity. Although I must say that I find it to be used to capacity only when there is a special event. Big Mike played to a full house when he performed in Michael's Club on Reflection. Other than that the place is usually empty.