Crown and Anchor Question

For some reason RCI can't seem to find the history of me being on the ship for my honeymoon back in '99. Now that I plan on cruising more, I would like to make sure I get involved in the C&A program and get credit for that cruise.

After speaking with a rep on the phone and joking I had the pictures to prove I was on the ship they suggested I faxed that over to that department. Did that the other day with a letter explaining the situation.

Any other tips for me to get credit for that cruise in '99? I figured if I didn't have success through the fax I would bring pictures along with me when I board the Gandeur in April and try try again.

For some reason RCI can't seem to find the history of me being on the ship for my honeymoon back in '99. Now that I plan on cruising more, I would like to make sure I get involved in the C&A program and get credit for that cruise.

After speaking with a rep on the phone and joking I had the pictures to prove I was on the ship they suggested I faxed that over to that department. Did that the other day with a letter explaining the situation.

Any other tips for me to get credit for that cruise in '99? I figured if I didn't have success through the fax I would bring pictures along with me when I board the Gandeur in April and try try again.

You have done what they asked, and this is the usual procedure. They just want some kind of proof that you were on that cruise.

That's it.

:)

Thank you. Hoping it is enough to do the trick!

We were missing credit from a Song of America cruise and they requested faxed photos of our cruise. I faxed them copies of our invitation to the repeaters party onboard (from our photo album), photos of CD Dan Whitney in a tutu from ""If I Was Not Upon the Sea" , and a photo of us on the pier in front of the bow of the ship with the ship name.

They did give us credit for the sailing. I didn't save our Seapass cards as proof, as I do now.

You will probably receive the credit. Bringing the photos onboard won't help. :)

Edited by Coralc

I figured if I didn't have success through the fax I would bring pictures along with me when I board the Gandeur in April and try try again.

Gosh, I'm hoping you'll have this sorted out long before then! :D At any rate, no, they won't care about it onboard - I think it's really an issue for head office to deal with, and you've done what they asked.

Happened to me too. They didn't have one of my cruises listed for the Nordic Empress. The person I was talking to insisted there was no ship by that name. I said there was because I sailed on it a couple times. I sent the fax with a picture and was credited the cruise. The person I was talking to must have been new to RC, because at sometime the Nordic Empress was refit and the name changed to Empress of the Sea. Don't know if that ship is around anymore. I think it was sold to another cruise line. It was a beautiful ship.

Gwen :)

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about that "If I Was Not Upon the Sea" routine. It was hysterical. I remember reading they had to stop it because it offended some people.

What a great routine that was! Never laughed so hard at a ship's show. Wish they would bring that back.

Does anyone know if you can get credit for sailing a cruise lines in the past that was bought by Royal later- speaking of Admiral Cruiselines.

Thanks

Never head of that being done.

Does anyone know if you can get credit for sailing a cruise lines in the past that was bought by Royal later- speaking of Admiral Cruiselines.

Thanks

Yes, you can. We did. We sailed on the Emerald Seas from Admiral cruise lines back in the early 1990's. I called and they gave us credit for it. We saw a video that John and Kristina Blair had about the history of Royal and it said that they had owned Admiral cruise lines at one time. We asked John if he thought we could get credit for our cruise on Admiral and he said to call and ask. I did and we did......:D

We were missing credit from a Song of America cruise and they requested faxed photos of our cruise. I faxed them copies of our invitation to the repeaters party onboard (from our photo album), photos of CD Dan Whitney in a tutu from ""If I Was Not Upon the Sea" , and a photo of us on the pier in front of the bow of the ship with the ship name.

They did give us credit for the sailing. I didn't save our Seapass cards as proof, as I do now.

You will probably receive the credit. Bringing the photos onboard won't help. :)

I agree Bob, I saved every sea pass from all our cruises, best proof of being on that cruise.

Now with that said....I need to find a bigger box to store them in!

Such a problem to have.....LOL :D

Yes, you can. We did. We sailed on the Emerald Seas from Admiral cruise lines back in the early 1990's. I called and they gave us credit for it. We saw a video that John and Kristina Blair had about the history of Royal and it said that they had owned Admiral cruise lines at one time. We asked John if he thought we could get credit for our cruise on Admiral and he said to call and ask. I did and we did......:D

OMG! The Emerald Seas was my first cruise in 1988 and it has subsequently cost me a fortune due to the addiction it has caused! 68 so far...

I haven't seen it mentioned, but have your TA call. We had the same situation with our Nordic Empress cruise. Our TA still had the paperwork and it was all set in a couple of days. Good luck.

Thank you. Unfortunately haven't used a TA at all.

We did a couple of cruises on "Emerald" back in the early 80's. Who was "John" that you asked for credit?

If I got a few more credits maybe we could move up a tier.

Completed 82, 2 more booked. Need a 12 step program. :D

We did a couple of cruises on "Emerald" back in the early 80's. Who was "John" that you asked for credit?

If I got a few more credits maybe we could move up a tier.

Completed 82, 2 more booked. Need a 12 step program. :D

John Blair was the CD on Enchantment a couple years ago. His wife, Katrina, was Activities Director. They were great together. He put the video together about the history of Royal. He just told me to call Royal. That's what I did. I can't remember if I needed proof or not, but I did get credit for the 1 cruise we took on the Emerald Seas.

Did you book the cruise under your maiden name to match your identification documents at the time, by any chance? They might have you listed under a different name...

Did you book the cruise under your maiden name to match your identification documents at the time, by any chance? They might have you listed under a different name...

Just in case when I faced them the letter I included my wife's maiden name, and our old address.