New to CC

mymikamo

Hello,

My name is Mymikamo and have been cruising since January 1983 on the QE2. She was just back from the Falklands' war and still painted battleship gray. My wife and I have been on 25 cruises since then and are scheduled on the July 27 sailing of the Amsterdam (14 day Alaskla cruise).

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We have also sailed on the QE2 -- what a beauty of a ship.

Amsterdam -- Alaska -- we have done that cruise 2 times -- ship is wonderful and the itinerary is wonderful. She does ports that other ships rarely get to -- Kodiak -- Homer -- Anchorage.

Feel free to ask questions.

My glass is ALWAYS half full especially when cruising. Was on the QM2 a few years ago and getting back on the ship after a day in port. An elderly lady had set off the metal detector and was asked to step to the side (so she could be "wanded"). I overheard her say "another thing to my list of complaints about this cruise". QM2 - really? I felt like saying "Shut-up and cruise".

My glass is ALWAYS half full especially when cruising. Was on the QM2 a few years ago and getting back on the ship after a day in port. An elderly lady had set off the metal detector and was asked to step to the side (so she could be "wanded"). I overheard her say "another thing to my list of complaints about this cruise". QM2 - really? I felt like saying "Shut-up and cruise".

At the time we sailed the QM2 we had just completed a 3 week world-wind tour of Great Britain, Amsterdam, and Paris toting 22" suitcases and riding those wonderful European trains. I was on summer break from teaching 100 7th graders.

The QM2 was HEAVEN !!! :D:D