Are the Suites really Booked?

We're booked on the Brillance this coming October and when I do a mock booking it shows all the suites are booked. Is it possible that there are still some open? Final payment isn't due until July 22nd. My husband and I are really hoping to upgrade before we get on the ship to a JS or above for the double points. thanks for your help as always!

It could be the nature of the cruise in that there are a limited number of cruises that do that itinerary, especially from Boston. All you can do is keep checking, but my guess is that if something opens, it will at a high price.

Edited by clarea

That cruise is during a prime leaf peeping week for the northern ports and ends on Columbus Day weekend, which gives folks a Monday holiday after the cruise to stay on in Boston.

I'd check daily to see if anything opens up for you. There's bound to be cancellations as final payment approaches.

In comparison to standard stateroom categories the number of suites on board any ship are limited and comparatively low in number. They are also very popular and tend to run book up relatively early in an itinerary. This coupled with the other reasons given may well have them already showing as not available. As mentioned, sometimes prior to final payment some may become available again, but there is no guarantee of this.

All you can do is keep looking.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The October sailings of the Brilliance had very good sales for well over a month and the cabins sold very quickly. We are on the sailing after yours and there are only 3 JS and the RS left on our sailing. At over $2,300 pp now for a JS, I will stick with my $600 center hump balcony. There were residency discounts for all the New England states that made these cruises a steal with no airfare or hotel.

All of the Suites on the October 2015, Serenade, repo from Quebec to FLL, have been sold out for several months, its all about the the particular cruise sometimes the Suites are the first to go.

We're booked on the Brillance this coming October and when I do a mock booking it shows all the suites are booked. Is it possible that there are still some open? Final payment isn't due until July 22nd. My husband and I are really hoping to upgrade before we get on the ship to a JS or above for the double points. thanks for your help as always!

No double points for upgrading unless you paid for one. And if you are willing to pay, why not book what you wanted?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Not unusual for the suites to sell out quite awhile before the cruise. There may be cancellations that you could take advantage of. But, usually when that happens a premium price is put on the suite cabin because there are only one or two available.

I guess you should have planned ahead and booked the suite you wanted way back when there were lots to choose from and they were much cheaper.... For example, the day that the New England / Canada cruises were announced for 2015, we booked a B2B Foliage Cruise to Quebec City out of NYC. Just about every suite was still available and it was no problem getting the same JS cabin we wanted for both cruises.

Edited by edjny

Same thing on our upcoming Explorer cruise (Oct) and its been that way for MONTHS. I have even tried a dummy booking with 3 or 4 people and nada!!

We are booked in a balcony and even those are totally sold out and have been for months- we started in a promenade and there was a big price drop, we upgraded to our balcony for less than the current rate for inside cabins- I am thinking that big price drop may account for it.

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

Then why didn't you just book one in the first place?

Maybe at the time they didn't think they'd have the money or had a different budget for their pre-post cruise experience or were traveling with other people or didn't know about the Suite benefits or had different health situation or lots of things!

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

We have found that if you want a suite (especially GS or above) you have to book them early. The prices also usually get quite high on the suites before they sell out. EX - held a GS for 1339 on the Mariner about 12 months before the cruise and within days it was up to 2299 pp and then was sold out shortly thereafter. None ever came back in inventory because I checked daily as we wanted to switch cabins.

Just checked another place. October 5-12 cruise no JS or above but there are balconies. October 12-19 cruse shows JS and RS only also balconies. October 19-26 shows JS, GS, OS and balconies! Hope this helps!

IF you are on the 5-12 October. :( Hope one will open up for you! :)

Just checked another place. October 5-12 cruise no JS or above but there are balconies. October 12-19 cruse shows JS and RS only also balconies. October 19-26 shows JS, GS, OS and balconies! Hope this helps!

IF you are on the 5-12 October. :( Hope one will open up for you! :)

Yes, we are on the Oct 5-12 cruise. We had no idea about the suites and double points when we booked over a year ago. Our first GS was on the Allure in Sept 2014 and then we booked a RFS and a OS for our B2B we did in January. Now, I know how sweet the suites are and have already booked a GS for our Dec 2015 cruise and getting ready to book a GS on our upcoming December cruise too.

Edited by Colorado Babe

Yes, we are on the Oct 5-12 cruise. We had no idea about the suites and double points when we booked over a year ago. Our first GS was on the Allure in Sept 2014 and then we booked a RFS and a OS for our B2B we did in January. Now, I know how sweet the suites are and have already booked a GS for our Dec 2015 cruise and getting ready to book a GS on our upcoming December cruise too.

Sept 2014? Are you the proud owners of a flux capacitor? ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Don't give up hope - people will cancel right before final payment, and perhaps one off them will be in a suite. You might consider setting up an alert on one of the price drop services - that way you will improve your chances since one could come and go in a matter of moments.

Good luck!

I checked today and yes the suites are starting to show up. Trying to figure out if we should do a GS or OS. The OS was so nice on the Liberty we just may book it instead of the GS. Thanks all for the encouragement. I was beginning to think we weren't going to upgrade but I guess you can say, luck is on our side today.:):)

I checked today and yes the suites are starting to show up. Trying to figure out if we should do a GS or OS. The OS was so nice on the Liberty we just may book it instead of the GS. Thanks all for the encouragement. I was beginning to think we weren't going to upgrade but I guess you can say, luck is on our side today.:):)

I suggest that you make up your mind quickly and act.

As fast as they appeared, they can disappear.

I suggest that you make up your mind quickly and act.

As fast as they appeared, they can disappear.

It is interesting how people approach whether to book a suite, or not.

As Royal Caribbean prices have been creeping up, this will be out first time to book a JS and be OK with it.

For years, we have only booked full suites, but after our latest river cruise, from Amsterdam to Budapest, we think that we can live in a JS in the high season.

For Caribbean cruises, I find that $1,000.00 per night is outrageous. However, that is why Royal Caribbean is moving to Asia, where people will pay that in a heartbeat.

And when someone talks about suites.........I always think of "full suites" starting with a GS and higher.

A JS just gives one double points, more room, including closet space, and a bathroom with a tub.

However, being on the water, beats anything that I can do on land......I still love cruising!:D

Rick