Michael's Club access?

angelwingsflys

Hi everyone,

Do suite guests have access to Michael's club at happy hour? This will be my first time on Celebrity, not in captain's club yet?

Cheers Deb

Hi Deb:

Senior Suite guests are welcome. Smaller Sky suites are not included.

Welcome to Celebrity, our favourite cruise line.

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

My friend just came off the Milli / Alaska cruise. She was top cruiser but no invite to Michaels club. 48 Elite and 10 Elite plus on board.

The "Top Cruiser" must be Zenith or in a qualifying Suite to use Michael's Club. I think that the "top cruiser" should be allowed for the cruise. Some argue quite correctly that one can be a "top cruiser" and not even be Elite+ or even Elite, just depends who's on the cruise. I believe that the "top cruiser" is the "top cruiser" and should be allowed in Michael's Club regardless of their points. Perhaps it would encourage them to cruise even more. I have not found anyone who uses Michael's Club agree with my point. My sample of responses is very small.

The "Top Cruiser" must be Zenith or in a qualifying Suite to use Michael's Club. I think that the "top cruiser" should be allowed for the cruise. Some argue quite correctly that one can be a "top cruiser" and not even be Elite+ or even Elite, just depends who's on the cruise. I believe that the "top cruiser" is the "top cruiser" and should be allowed in Michael's Club regardless of their points. Perhaps it would encourage them to cruise even more. I have not found anyone who uses Michael's Club agree with my point. My sample of responses is very small.

Hi Charles,

We are Zenith and you sound like you want more opinions.

I think if the "top cruiser" were close to Zenith they should be allowed access to Michaels Club. Maybe a threshold of 3/4 Zenith.

My friend was the top of the Elite plus cruisers. ( only 10 ) Very few in Michael`s club. M Class Michaels club is larger then S class Michaels club. However she has also been top cruiser on many other X ships.

Was your friend allowed access to the new Michaels Club? If so, that is a change in policy to allow access by Elite Plus.

Your response is well reasoned, for the cruise that person should probably be allowed in Michaels Club, otherwise who would be there. Problem I can see is they will then want it for every cruise thereafter saying I had it on one cruise, just human nature.

Orator, I agree with you. Celebrity honors the "top cruiser" then shuns. Doesn't make sense to me.

The "top cruiser" varies cruise to cruise but when so honored, Celebrity should give a welcome to Michaels Club and even to the Captain's Table for that cruise..

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

Well let me be that person! I see no harm in allowing the top cruiser in no less than letting other people deemed as "VIP" who are not in suites or Zeniths.

That one or 2 extra people wouldn't cause a blip.

Hi everyone,

Do suite guests have access to Michael's club at happy hour? This will be my first time on Celebrity, not in captain's club yet?

Cheers Deb

No! Private club for Celebrity Suites, Royal Suites, Penthouse Suites, Signature Suites, Reflection Suite, Zenith club members and VIP's only. No guests allowed.:(

How is access to Michaels club being done? Is is like the concierge lounge on RCI where you have to swipe your sea pass to get in. Do you think they would allow our 15 year old to go in by herself during the day to get a bottle of water. I'm trying to decide if she will need a drinks package as she mainly drinks water. We are in a celebrity suite next cruise but looking forward to the royal suite on the one after as its after April next year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Just a quick question: what is the definition of a top-cruiser?

When I was on the Silhouette last January they introduced this couple that had some phenomenal amount of cruises in the Celebrity Theater. It was the night they had the Captain's Reception Night. First time I seen them do that.

Funny thing, when they introduced that couple, I said to my wife, they don't look that old to be on all those cruises. Maybe that's the secret of eternal youth :D

Edited by Banjo
grammar

Just a quick question: what is the definition of a top-cruiser?

When I was on the Silhouette last January they introduced this couple that had some phenomenal amount of cruises in the Celebrity Theater. It was the night they had the Captain's Reception Night. First time I seen them do that.

Funny thing, when they introduced that couple, I said to wife, they don't look that old to be on all those cruises. Maybe that's the secret of eternal youth :D

The "Top Cruiser" is the person or persons on the cruise with the highest number of Captain's Club points. At one time they made the presentation at the Captain's Club Party. They moved it to the Theater for a short period of time, but there were complaints by many of those recognized. Many just didn't want to be presented on stage. Some ships moved it to the Grand Foyer, but it seems to be returning to the Captain's Club Party where , I believe it is most appropriate. The "top cruisers" are usually invited to dine at the Captain's Table with the Captain.

How is access to Michaels club being done? Is is like the concierge lounge on RCI where you have to swipe your sea pass to get in. Do you think they would allow our 15 year old to go in by herself during the day to get a bottle of water. I'm trying to decide if she will need a drinks package as she mainly drinks water. We are in a celebrity suite next cruise but looking forward to the royal suite on the one after as its after April next year.

Currently it seems there is no key card access, just that the staff knows who should be there. I don't see why it would be a problem for your 15 year old to grab water or soda from Michaels until next April when it will be stocked in your fridge.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Enjoyed Michael's club very much! upon entering you do have to show your seapass until the staff gets to know you. There are two entrances on M-class ships. One off the promenade deck, the other across from the photo center. As long as your daughter is in your room she will have access to Michaels club and unlimited free water. Enjoy!

Do you think they would allow our 15 year old to go in by herself during the day to get a bottle of water.

Assuming your daughter is sharing the same cabin as you and it's a Celebrity Suite or above, then she will have access just like any eligible passenger with or without her parents. Suite perks apply to all passengers traveling in the cabin.

If she's in a separate non suite cabin, it's not clear if that will be allowed, rules say no, but no one has tried yet and reported back how it would would be handled in real life. We do know that guests of suite guests have been turned away, just not sure how a minor child will be treated in tis situation.

Assuming your daughter is sharing the same cabin as you and it's a Celebrity Suite or above, then she will have access just like any eligible passenger with or without her parents. Suite perks apply to all passengers traveling in the cabin.

If she's in a separate non suite cabin, it's not clear if that will be allowed, rules say no, but no one has tried yet and reported back how it would would be handled in real life. We do know that guests of suite guests have been turned away, just not sure how a minor child will be treated in tis situation.

This all sounds good. Our daughter is in our suite.

I think with having access to Michael's club we won't bother upgrading our drinks package either. We don't drink a great deal & having a drink or two before dinner I won't need much after that.

• 2 months later...

From reports on CC Michael's Club for upper suites is open now on all ships for upper suites? Is this right?

Spoke to Captains Club earlier and they said it could be certain ships before April 15th. The website still shows April 15, before this benefit is promised.

If it is only certain ships, what about the Reflection?

Thank you all..

From reports on CC Michael's Club for upper suites is open now on all ships for upper suites? Is this right?

Spoke to Captains Club earlier and they said it could be certain ships before April 15th. The website still shows April 15, before this benefit is promised.

If it is only certain ships, what about the Reflection?

Thank you all..

Hi:)....if I am not mistaken (and If I am I am sure someone will correct

me) but I would be you a Martini that Michael's has been converted

on every ship in the fleet.;).......yes. I was on Century in February

and she was the first ship to be changed. Now that we are in Sept?

All the other ships should be changed. They were probably all changed

much earlier this summer....or back in the spring.....that would have

been April;)

This may be an odd question, but will they make a pretty basic martini or a Cosmo in Michael's? We are also trying to decide if we need to upgrade our classic beverage package. We do enjoy a martini before dinner......