Sweet 16s dont exist

familycruzer

When I called Celebrity to switch to a Sweet 16 .. 6035 I was told that none of the cabins have a bigger balcony. I have seen pictures and was in port with Summit in Bermuda. Are they keeping the cabins a secret or really dont have the information available to them? He was said believe what you want but you are wrong.

When I called Celebrity to switch to a Sweet 16 .. 6035 I was told that none of the cabins have a bigger balcony. I have seen pictures and was in port with Summit in Bermuda. Are they keeping the cabins a secret or really dont have the information available to them? He was said believe what you want but you are wrong.

I believe the sweet 16s designation for those cabins started years ago on this board, probably Celebrity doesn't have a clue what we are writing about. You best bet is to find a cabin based on info from this board and book that cabin.

I made the switch anyways. Hope I did good, went from 7077 to 6035. I really wanted to see down to the water.

We have been in 6035 on the Summit and it was great. We loved the location and the balcony is a lot bigger then the standard ones. It was a good switch. When I was on the summit in Jan and was booking on the Summit again and went to book 6035 the guy on the ship was trying to tell me it was a horrible cabin with an obstructed view. I had to explain to him that I was actually in that cabin right now and it is actually a great cabin, with no obstructions and a bigger balcony (and that guy was actually on the ship)!

I see now that it looks like 7077 is a higher category, did you get 6035 for cheaper? If so, great call!

Sue

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

On Millie Class ships (only), the eight furthest forward balcony cabins (both sides) on deck six have double depth balconies. They are:6016-6030 (strbd); and 6021-6035 (port). We have cruised in 6035 (on Millie) -- and it was awesome! :cool:

And no, the X booking reps don't know about them -- neither do many travel agents. They are not marked differently on any deck plans, either. They are only on deck 6 -- due to that block of cabins being located over the theater -- they just turn out to have bigger balconies. You just have to know where they are to request them. But, that's why you come to Cruise Critic, right? ;)

Edited by wwcruisers

I love the sweet 16s!

We had 2 of them to Alaska many years ago. We had parties on our balcony!

I had to tell our travel agent about them, she had no idea, as Celebrity's deck plans don't show them.

I'd book one again in a minute. :D

They exist. Even the future cruise consultants on the ship don't know. I had a back an forth with one years ago. Same story, I wanted to book one for bigger balcony, she said they don't. I said book me anyway. I came home and promptly e-mailed picture of them.

Many of the people working shore side for X, have never cruised. Many of the FCCs have never inspected their own ships.

You did the right thing.

The Celebrity Vacation Planner that I use and also some Future Cruise Planners know what the largest balconies are and also where the beds are located. I got that info from both. On the Eclipse the one I used had a chart showing the largest balconies, and where the beds were. Sweet sixteen is just a term used here and may be on other forums. It is not a designation used or given by Celebrity.

If you call Celebrity direct and talk to a regular rep they probably won't know.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

I have stayed in 6035 and it has a large balcony and you will love it! Try to get your attendant to get you a couple of loungers from the pool area (they have done it for us with a generous tip).

I have stayed in 6035 and it has a large balcony and you will love it! Try to get your attendant to get you a couple of loungers from the pool area (they have done it for us with a generous tip).

I would be happy to tip for a lounger. That balcony is where I will spend most of my on board time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would be happy to tip for a lounger. That balcony is where I will spend most of my on board time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't necessarily count on that. When we asked about loungers on Millie, we received a polite but firm "no". From what I could see, none of the other Sweet Sixteens had them either. Of course, this sort of thing can vary from ship to ship, too.

If you call Celebrity and ask them if a particular stateroom has the bed by the bath or by the balcony, they don't have a clue. :rolleyes:

However the sticky about cabins on M-class ships asks the same question even though the beds do not alternate as they do on S-class.

When I was looking for a a sweet 16 cabin, Celebrity only listed the same category on Deck 7. Deck 6 cabins did not show up unless one knew the cabin numbers.

PS. In this situation X ignorance is bliss. If everyone knew they would be reclassified. ;)

When I was looking for a a sweet 16 cabin, Celebrity only listed the same category on Deck 7. Deck 6 cabins did not show up unless one knew the cabin numbers.

PS. In this situation X ignorance is bliss. If everyone knew they would be reclassified. ;)

LOL Arno -- I won't tell, if you don't! :p

What is the noise level like in these cabins when a show is going on. I know that the shows will be going on while someone would be at dinner or most likely out of cabin(except for possibly the one late night show), but when they rehearse and such what is it like?

What is the noise level like in these cabins when a show is going on. I know that the shows will be going on while someone would be at dinner or most likely out of cabin(except for possibly the one late night show), but when they rehearse and such what is it like?

I do not recall ever hearing noise from the theater on either of my sweet 16 cabin cruises.

Had 6030 on the Summit in March this year. The Celebrity rep tried hard to convince me that it was a bad choice and had an obstructed view. Not so! Very happy we went ahead and booked.

The balcony was huge as promised (on these boards) and the cabin was well located and super clean.

No noise from the theater.

No loungers and despite asking for them we were told they were 'not allowed' even with tip offered. We used the outside table as a foot stool and took the inside table out to be used as our coffee table.

Enjoy your cruise and your balcony!!

Edited by monicajay

We too have found room stewards very strict about not providing loungers no matter the size of the balcony and had to fight hard to get a third chair for the third person in our cabin. Always worth asking but I think they have tightened up on this overall to only give them to cabins where they are included. I guess in some respect that is only fair to them.