Freedom of the Seas drydock

Bill -- if you can, could you please peak next door to 9344 -- that is our cabin on 2-22. Please let me know if that did any updates. Thanks

I don't think he's on this cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Brett and Days@Sea, I hope you've had a good 1st day on board and will have lots more to tell us and show us.

If possible could you check out a cabin similar to 7375 which is an inside K with 2 upper berths. I'm wondering if the two beds can be put together as a "royal king" when the 2 upper berths are in use. My DD, DSIL and 2 grands are sharing that cabin on our upcoming cruise and i'm so worried they won't a be able to do that arrangement and that there won't be enough room for all of them even though my grands are only 3 & 5.

Also, if you can take a picture of the R bar menu, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks for all your help and patience with us!

Cheryl

Seeing her next to the Disney Dream the adaptions to the profile of the ship are not that bad.

That said, when looking at the areal photo of Freedom on the RCI website, it is clear that I would guess 400 or more deck chairs from deck 12 forward have been 'displaced' with the addition that were on each side of the jogging track that has also been adapted in length, I guess.

The very 'tranquil' San Tropez deck 13 appears to be replaced by a large sun deck that is entirely open to the elements and thus explaining the windows placed along the railing of this new sun deck.

While San Tropez already had stacks of deck chairs, it was rarely crowded, but now appears to be an area that will be quite crowded, especially with this new deck only partially replacing the public area that was lost.

Seeing her next to the Disney Dream the adaptions to the profile of the ship are not that bad.

That said, when looking at the areal photo of Freedom on the RCI website, it is clear that I would guess 400 or more deck chairs from deck 12 forward have been 'displaced' with the addition that were on each side of the jogging track that has also been adapted in length, I guess.

The very 'tranquil' San Tropez deck 13 appears to be replaced by a large sun deck that is entirely open to the elements and thus explaining the windows placed along the railing of this new sun deck.

While San Tropez already had stacks of deck chairs, it was rarely crowded, but now appears to be an area that will be quite crowded, especially with this new deck only partially replacing the public area that was lost.

Not 100% sure about St Tropez yet, but I imagine the covered portion is still the same size, it just looks smaller next to new part. I also imagine the lost loungers from jogging track will fit up on St Tropez

Not 100% sure about St Tropez yet, but I imagine the covered portion is still the same size, it just looks smaller next to new part. I also imagine the lost loungers from jogging track will fit up on St Tropez

It is clear on the aerial view on the Freedom ship homepage on the RCI website the amount of deck space lost in the re-fit. While San Tropez did have a covered area most of it was open, but shielded from winds by the design of the ship.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=FR&shipCode=FR&br=R

When you compare that to the view that was posted in this thread of the forward section, deck 13 'San Tropez' stretched all the way to where you see the satellite that is now on the sun deck about 12 feet from the current position of the glass wall.

I sure hope they are not going to cram 300 to 400 deck chairs in those 12 extra feet of open deck space around deck 13.

While I do not know Freedom's situation from PC, those deck chairs were often all in use on Liberty in the MED.

i am really hoping that someone on board can get us a picture of that deck above the new staterooms added on deck 12.

In fact i would love to see the whole area, where does the jogging track go? what does deck 12 now look like facing forward from the solarium?

Lets pray we get some more pics ASAP......

Edited by Arrowdaz