Electronic Coupons on Sea Pass Card

So I asked about this months ago and the electronic C and A coupons were still pretty new. I'm wondering if there are more clear answers or similar answers. When I first asked, the answers were scattered.

Are your C and A discounts being automatically applied OR do you have to ask for it to be applied (or do they ask you)?

So for example, I get a discount on the internet package. Do I have to ask or should it be automatically applied. Another example is getting a free beverage. Do they automatically apply it or do I have to ask about it?

Thanks in advance....

So I asked about this months ago and the electronic C and A coupons were still pretty new. I'm wondering if there are more clear answers or similar answers. When I first asked, the answers were scattered.

Are your C and A discounts being automatically applied OR do you have to ask for it to be applied (or do they ask you)?

So for example, I get a discount on the internet package. Do I have to ask or should it be automatically applied. Another example is getting a free beverage. Do they automatically apply it or do I have to ask about it?

Thanks in advance....

I don't know about the internet part, but we have had to ask to apply the BOGO drink coupon.

Last week, on the Enchantment there appeared to be new internet screens. When logging on for the first time, we were prompted to select a package, and the package that corresponded to our allowance was one of the choices. Once we selected that package, the price changed to $0.00.

For the photos we simply handed each card when making the purchases, and had no charge.

We did not use any other coupons.

good luck

m

On the Allure 3 weeks ago, the C&A coupons were not automatically applied. When we went to use the coffee coupon, it wasn't applied so we went and talked to the server and she said that we have to tell them which coupon to apply. I would ask just in case. Personally, I liked the paper coupons better because we could keep track of what we used. With the electronic Coupons, they just give you a paper on the first day of your cruise listing all the coupons loaded on your card (and then we lost the paper, so we didn't know the coupons).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Allure 3 weeks ago, the C&A coupons were not automatically applied. When we went to use the coffee coupon, it wasn't applied so we went and talked to the server and she said that we have to tell them which coupon to apply. I would ask just in case. Personally, I liked the paper coupons better because we could keep track of what we used. With the electronic Coupons, they just give you a paper on the first day of your cruise listing all the coupons loaded on your card (and then we lost the paper, so we didn't know the coupons).

So others know in case this happens to them, you can ask for a printout of your remaining coupons at any bar.

Sometimes they were applied, sometimes they weren't. We just started to say, please apply the coupon, and then it was. We found that when purchasing photographs, they totally ignored them every time.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok....so I really need to keep an eye on it. I'll probably just start carrying the letter with me. Bob, good tip about getting another print out in the bar.

It sounds like you really have to keep track and ask them to apply it yourself. I do prefer that, but it's getting used to remembering to ask. Same has pulling the coupon out of your pocket to give to the server or employee. It will just take time to get used to.

M, I'll keep eye on the internet package to see if it comes up $0.00. I saw another thread here in CC about someone who didn't have their discount applied even after asking numerous times.

Ok....so I really need to keep an eye on it....

We've had issues with coupons being applied when we didn't want them applied. For example, I might buy two sodas and they automatically apply the BOGO drink coupon. I would rather apply the BOGO drink coupon to a $22 glass of wine. So every time I purchase something that could have a coupon applied, I tell them whether or not to apply the coupon.

For me, it was easier with paper coupons.

Much preferred the paper coupons.

We have yet to get a coupon automatically applied and spent two days on our Allure cruise trying to get someone who could figure out how to apply the BOGO drink coupons.

The only one we have ever had offered to automatically apply was the photo discount on our Vision cruise, only to follow it up with "oh but its not combinable with the package discount so you cant use it anyway".

We've had issues with coupons being applied when we didn't want them applied. For example, I might buy two sodas and they automatically apply the BOGO drink coupon. I would rather apply the BOGO drink coupon to a $22 glass of wine. So every time I purchase something that could have a coupon applied, I tell them whether or not to apply the coupon.

For me, it was easier with paper coupons.

I'm sorry...what is BOGO again? and Bob, that's what I was thinking about...having it applied to something that I might necessarily want it applied to.

I only went on one cruise with the electronic coupons. I went to GS to ask about my coupon book and that's when they said I had a letter in my cabin. Not my preference either.

Speaking from memory here….not that long ago (Navigator - end of May) but you know how memory goes!:o So forgive me if I've forgotten something here, but please know that I found the internet changes to be a little frustrating and difficult!:eek: (I liked it better when I had to go to GS to apply our coupons!)

Internet free minutes have been complicated (in my opinion) by the new internet packages, which are now mostly unlimited internet for one or two devices. Some of the packages are things like unlimited internet for 24 hours, or 48 hours, or 3 days, or the whole cruise. The only packages of internet minutes (as we've been accustomed to in the past) are a 30 min package that has to be used all at once, or a 60 min package that can be spread out over the cruise.

The tricky thing was this: You now have an EITHER/OR situation with the discount. You can either use your free minutes up, then pay for whatever additional internet you want at the regular price, OR you can skip using your free minutes and apply a discount to an internet package. But apparently we no longer get free minutes plus a discount!

On Navigator, I did not have to set myself up on their computer. I could do it on my own device with Wifi. To use the D+ free minutes I had to set up my user name and password, then click on APPLY COUPON for myself. Then we used up those minutes. Then I had to go in again, set up an account for DH and APPLY COUPON for DH to use his free minutes. If you don't click on the APPLY COUPON button, you will be charged the full amount ($29.95 for 60 min I think.) This happened with a friend on our cruise and she had to go to GS - they credited her for the charge and cancelled her internet coupon on her sea pass.

I keep thinking I'm not old enough (haha!) and haven't been cruising long enough to remember the 'good old days,' but apparently I've officially reached geezerhood!:eek:

Judy

I keep thinking I'm not old enough (haha!) and haven't been cruising long enough to remember the 'good old days,' but apparently I've officially reached geezerhood!:eek:

Judy

Geezerhood is not using internet at all on your cruise ;)

We were on the Freedom earlier this month. The BOGO Free coupon didn't show up, when we ordered wine in the MDR. On the other hand, when we bought a Pet at Sea for our child, the discount did show up. We remembered to tell our waiter at Johnny Rocket's about the BOGO Free milk shake.

Still, I prefer the paper coupons, so that you don't have to remember to mention the discount with every transaction.

Ok....so I really need to keep an eye on it. I'll probably just start carrying the letter with me. Bob, good tip about getting another print out in the bar.

It sounds like you really have to keep track and ask them to apply it yourself. I do prefer that, but it's getting used to remembering to ask. Same has pulling the coupon out of your pocket to give to the server or employee. It will just take time to get used to.

M, I'll keep eye on the internet package to see if it comes up $0.00. I saw another thread here in CC about someone who didn't have their discount applied even after asking numerous times.

Sarah, there are two "ways" of using the internet on a Royal Caribbean ship: The old way and the new way.

I do not know which one Jewel has or will have when you board.

The "old way" is the way that produced problems like the previous thread that you read.

The "new way" is easy and automatic on the screen, as described by cruisegirl1 above.

:)

Thanks in advance....

On our recent Allure cruise, some of the discounts were automatically applied & some were not. I didn't realize this until we had returned from the cruise. I just assumed they all would be applied automatically. I know they were listed on the cabin TV but we rarely turned that on. Next time, I am printing out the list of discounts so I can keep better track of them.

Sarah, there are two "ways" of using the internet on a Royal Caribbean ship: The old way and the new way.

I do not know which one Jewel has or will have when you board.

The "old way" is the way that produced problems like the previous thread that you read.

The "new way" is easy and automatic on the screen, as described by cruisegirl1 above.

:)

Ok, thanks for that info. I believe Grandeur may have been the new way. I recall seeing something on the screen. I'll check it out when I get on board. Thanks!

Ok, thanks for that info. I believe Grandeur may have been the new way. I recall seeing something on the screen. I'll check it out when I get on board. Thanks!

On Grandeur in March, we just ran our card and then "logged" in using cabin number. It credited our 30 minutes immediately. On Allure, we had to go to the guest relations desk and they gave us a code to use for each of us. That gave us our 30 minutes free and that's all we used. The packages displayed on Allure didn't show any by the minute but on GR they did and we never buy a package anyway. We manage to get through using our free minutes and probably another 30-40 minutes at most. We just check email and sometimes the weather for the next port and at home.

As for BOGO, we just told the waiter when we were using it. On Allure in the Schooner bar, the second time, we told him and accidentally gave him DH's card which we'd already used. He came back and told us it had been used and asked for my card. We've never had any issues using our preloaded coupons.

Edited by BND