Lobster question

We are going on Grandeur this week. In regards to the MDR menu, I understand lobster is extra on most nights. But then is it offered on the second formal night at no additional cost? I'm not sure I'm understanding that right. Or is it even offered at all?

Not true.

A lobster tail is part of the Fisherman's Plate which is served on second formal night, the Jasmine menu. This is just another entrée that night. No charge.

You can purchase a whole Maine Lobster dinner any night of your cruise for an additional fee.

No it is always extra now except as a bisque or similar

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As M_M indicated this information is incorrect. We were just on Grandeur two weeks ago and - as with every RCI cruise we've been on - lobster was on the second formal night menu as always at no extra charge. And additional amounts were provided (without asking) until we had to tell the wait staff "no more"!

Gregg, we had huge lobster tails served on our Rhapsody b2b this past April/May served in the MDR and there was no extra charge. Weren't you on the same cruise?

Edited by cruisenfever

Thanks, leaveitallbehind and all who responded. I was pretty sure that was how it worked but dh was contradicting me here at home...I might have to have him walk the plank! Lol. I will definitely try the free lobster but don't plan to spring for the meal at an extra cost.

Thanks, leaveitallbehind and all who responded. I was pretty sure that was how it worked but dh was contradicting me here at home...I might have to have him walk the plank! Lol. I will definitely try the free lobster but don't plan to spring for the meal at an extra cost.

That being said, however, if you do enjoy trying any dinners outside of the MDR at the specialty restaurants, Grandeur is fortunate to have three on board with Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, and Izumi's, which are all excellent. (They also feature the Chef's Talbe - very upscale).

Grandeur also has the Park Cafe in the Solarium that is a n/c venue open at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night. Great alternative to the Windjammer.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Lobster tail is served on cruises of 7 nights or longer. On shorter cruises you will not find lobster tail as part of the standard menu.

enjoy

M

Lobster tail is served on cruises of 7 nights or longer. On shorter cruises you will not find lobster tail as part of the standard menu.

enjoy

M

Marci, perhaps the policy has changed, but I thought the cutoff for "free" lobster was cruises of 5 days or longer. Plus, the cruises have to be US based.

Marci, perhaps the policy has changed, but I thought the cutoff for "free" lobster was cruises of 5 days or longer. Plus, the cruises have to be US based.

You are correct - five days will get you lobster now.

The never ending obsession with lobster.........

Pick up some tails at Sams Club. Not expensive. Split em' open and broil em', they'll be better than anything you can get for "free" on the cruise:D

Edited by bouhunter

And additional amounts were provided (without asking) until we had to tell the wait staff "no more"!

Funny thing is, on our last cruise, I went to the Chef vs Passenger cake off.

It was in the main theater, and the Cruise Director was there.

The CD asked the Head Chef, " what was the record last night "

and the HC said someone ate 19 Lobsters last night. :eek:

:D

Pick up some tails at Sams Club. Not expensive. Split em' open and broil em', they'll be better than anything you can get for "free" on the cruise:D

What deck is the Sam's Club on ?

You can probably say the same thing about most of the included food

on a cruise but many people thinks its just fun to have lobster on a cruise.

I get that.

What deck is the Sam's Club on ?

You can probably say the same thing about most of the included food

on a cruise but many people thinks its just fun to have lobster on a cruise.

I get that.

I was glad it was included on my HAL cruise to Alaska as I've wanted to try it for a while, but it's so expensive in restaurants I've been afraid to in case I didn't like it.

Verdict for me? It was good...but I probably won't eat it other than on a cruise. Sadly, since it's on a platter with other fish (which I don't eat) on RCI, I probably won't have it on my Radiance cruise next summer.

No way, I'll take the unlimited lobster on the second formal night anyday. They are delicious and they don't stop coming until you cry uncle.