El Cheapo Cruises Thread

30th November 2016

Pacific Eden

10 nights

Lifou, Port Vila, Isle of pines, Mare, Noumea.

Just had a look and for 2 adults, & a 18 year old and a 10 year old in an Oceanview room from $493pp.

$49 per night

Twin interior from $649

Twin Oceanview from $699

Edited by lagoon380

Queen Victoria sector from Valparaiso across the Pacific in Feb 2017 seems to have an abundance of vacancies.Starting to get get emails with .

...."prices too hot to print"

the prices will be tempting, specially with the Easter island and Pitcairn island as possibilities.

Edited by MicCanberra

Geez you have to do your homework in this cruising game, been watching a particular cruise for a while and bit the bullet, was half way through an online booking when I went looking for some cabin information on another website, and they had the same cruise and cabin for $800 cheaper, so I rang the first mob up and asked about their difference , was told they could not beat it or price match and was told to book with second mob, so I did, now have some extra drink money :p

Geez you have to do your homework in this cruising game, been watching a particular cruise for a while and bit the bullet, was half way through an online booking when I went looking for some cabin information on another website, and they had the same cruise and cabin for $800 cheaper, so I rang the first mob up and asked about their difference , was told they could not beat it or price match and was told to book with second mob, so I did, now have some extra drink money :p

I never seem to see much difference in price across the various online TAs, they actually end up looking the same.

Is there a link to all the Australian ones that should/could be tried to get the best price?

Just received an email from Princess that they are stopping single supplements I do not know if it is a timed offer or for ever????

what do you mean stopping single supplements

can you provide a link or email

I never seem to see much difference in price across the various online TAs, they actually end up looking the same.

Is there a link to all the Australian ones that should/could be tried to get the best price?

The ones with *****.au in the address may help.:D

what do you mean stopping single supplements

can you provide a link or email

I thought they had cut it out awhile ago as solo paid just about same as two people in cabin. Years a go you used to get a nice discount. Not so in the last couple of years.

I thought they had cut it out awhile ago as solo paid just about same as two people in cabin. Years a go you used to get a nice discount. Not so in the last couple of years.

Cunard have slashed their single supplements to 125% for a lot of the cruises in 2017.

The $800 was 2x$400 per person, the prices have been very similar on each website until the day I booked, :confused:, I could tell you the website but we are not supposed to advertise on the forum

Explorer OTS Syd - Seattle 22nd April 2017

24 nights

The RCI brochure price is $3353.82 per stateroom

We can discount this price to $3252 per stateroom

$1626 pp inside gty

RCL price $1676 but I have a great TA who just chops $50 or so off the cruise line price because I have already decided everything and only need her to push the buttons so the savings buy me a few extra drinks.

Have waited a while as we already have cruise booked in Alaska, airfare to China from Vancouver and air fare home. Was hoping to wait till last minute or book on board Radiance next week but this price has been coming and going for the last two days so I bit the bullet today.

My TA also told me that she received an email from Royal and they will be including grats in their local fares soon. Anyone heard about this? I really hope its true because I cant help feeling that those who leave their auto grats on are subsidising those who remove them on local cruises.

Edited by woodyren

That great oz site has very cheap fares for the 16 December 2016 on the Pacific Jewel. 13 nights over christmas.

Twin mini suite- $999

Twin balcony- $849

Twin Ocean view- $749

Sent from my SM-G925I using Forums mobile app

Mini suites are gone hope they are not under the pool deck, the scraping metal chairs drives you nuts all through the night

Mini suites are gone hope they are not under the pool deck, the scraping metal chairs drives you nuts all through the night

They are still showing Balconies at $999 at the current time. The Mini Suites went up $1500 to $2499.

My TA also told me that she received an email from Royal and they will be including grats in their local fares soon. Anyone heard about this? I really hope its true because I cant help feeling that those who leave their auto grats on are subsidising those who remove them on local cruises.

Good source! One of the few rumours which actually turned out to be true. :)