New to Holland America? This is for you...AKA "HAL For Dummies"

Host Walt

Just now, pghflyer said:

Anyone know of an automated way to monitor for availability of a particular cabin on a sailing? I know there are websites that can do this for airplane seats........

Not within the HAL system. 

• Like 1

I posted this question on my roll call also. Does anyone know what the electrical outlets look like on the Oosterdam? I am wanting to bring a multi outlet plug but don't know if it will fit.

6 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

I posted this question on my roll call also. Does anyone know what the electrical outlets look like on the Oosterdam? I am wanting to bring a multi outlet plug but don't know if it will fit.

Here is a pic of the outlets by the desk.  There is also a USB port over the nightstands on each side of the bed.

IMG_1240.thumb.jpeg.59fd9ce51ccad2103cc2b36b0c41e256.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:55 AM, boeckli said:

Screenshot from my recent future cruise deposit

491321024_Fullscreencapture6012023195338_bmp.thumb.jpg.8999e6a3b89ba5f5f3099a5767fb3f51.jpg

We bought one $100 future cruise deposit (FCD) each last year.....does this mean I cannot apply it to a cruise more than 21 days long?  

7 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

We bought one $100 future cruise deposit (FCD) each last year.....does this mean I cannot apply it to a cruise more than 21 days long?  

You can apply it, but will also have to 'top off' by increasing your deposit to the amount for the length of cruise you are taking. 

• Like 1

Thank you @RuthC so if I wanted a 25 night cruise (for example, which would have been a $300 certificate), I would owe the additional $200 per person to book with my existing certificate?..... or do they give me some flat credit for my $100 certificate and I owe a different balance for the cruise I select?

Just now, pghflyer said:

Thank you @RuthC so if I wanted a 25 night cruise (for example, which would have been a $300 certificate), I would owe the additional $200 per person to book with my existing certificate?

Correct. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just booked the fall Volendam repositioning from Montreal. This will be the first time in an ocean view cabin.

I think I read somewhere that on the Volendam and Zaandam ocean view cabins do not have a refrigerator in the room. Read that they can rented at a cost, and subject to availability. Is this true?

thank you in advance 

Edited by Ready2go11

25 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

Just booked the fall Volendam repositioning from Montreal. This will be the first time in an ocean view cabin.

I think I read somewhere that on the Volendam and Zaandam ocean view cabins do not have a refrigerator in the room. Read that they can rented at a cost, and subject to availability. Is this true?

thank you in advance 

Yes you can rent a mini fridge on the Volendam for a small daily fee. The Vista suites and up all have mini fridges on the Volendam.  We are booked on the Aug 20th Boston to Montreal Volendam cruise in a Vista Suite.

8 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I have never seen any other than the Have It All shore excursion credits.

Not the answer I was hoping for but thanks for responding. Hopefully, they're worth it. 

1 minute ago, ONCRUISEMODE said:

Does the Oosterdam have a self laundry room?  thank you in advance for your reply.

No.  But the laundry service (by the bag or unlimited) is reasonably priced and is excellent.  

1 minute ago, ONCRUISEMODE said:

Does the Oosterdam have a self laundry room?  thank you in advance for your reply.

No. No HAL ships have a self laundry. Their laundry service is superb. You can send it off by the bag and tons of clothes fit in it. ~$20 to $30 bag depending on the ship. 

Just now, FlaMariner said:

No.  But the laundry service (by the bag or unlimited) is reasonably priced and is excellent.  

Just now, Nickelpenny said:

No. No HAL ships have a self laundry. Their laundry service is superb. You can send it off by the bag and tons of clothes fit in it. ~$20 to $30 bag depending on the ship. 

Thank you.  I barely submitted my question.  Thanks for being so diligent. 

• Like 1